1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This side of the story.....!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Sep 10, 2011.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

Well, people, till date you have heard only one side of the story. its time you heard the other side! And, i'm sure all those horizontally challenged people out there will agree to this post of mine!

Being skinny is a criminal offence….well, in India atleast.People just look boldly at a thin person and say “oh, why are you so thin??” I mean, would you dare say “ why are you so fat??” to a ‘healthy’ person??? No!!!because you fear they might hit you. But you have the guts to say that to a thin person. How mean!

Every ‘group’ has a thin person in it and they use the skinny'ness' to their own advantage. If they decide to watch a movie, All of them getinto an auto. Only after all the ‘healthy’ people get in, is the thin personallowed to get in. all though the travel period the skinny is made to sit onsomeone’s lap. On top of it, they even have to sit in an awkward bent position.And whats worse??? Saying “ ouch!!! your bones are hurting me!!!!” the nerve!!!

Okay, so one among the group has a car. So what? The skinny never ever gets to sit in the front seat. It is always reserved for some big person who not only happily hops in but also pushes the seat back. Then one by one all the others get in behind and the skinny is left sitting in between somebody’s legs!

From moms and grand moms to fussy neighbors to friends and relatives,everyone has one advice for you: “Please eat more”. Sometimes you wonder if theyare really concerned about you, or is this just a manifestation of their “fat”jealousy? One particular ‘aunty’ used to bear hug mewhenever she sees me and keeps trying to stuff all kindsa stuff down my throat asthough my parents never fed me. Shewould keep asking….” don’t they ever cook at home??”

Another manifestation of this jealousy is the strong belief in the myth that thin people are unhappy and that they are shrewd and cunning and some people even go the extent of saying that they are evil. To such people….Ever heard of genetics??? Some people just have a faster metabolism than others do. Why Is that so hard to believe?

And oh, I nearly forgot… People will automatically assume you work out and ask your regime, even if you have never in your life seen sunrise, forget about jogging/exercise! Most girls you meet will invariably enquire about your diet regime and ask you for dietary/work out 'advise'! People will assume you aint a foodie...and that you hate food and that you are a fussy eater. They will expect you to faint / be fatigued after talking two short steps. They will try treat you like a fragile china.

The upside??? Well,they are a few.

No lift man ever refuses to accommodate youon the lift. Ensnaring seats on buses and trains is child's play. No civic-minded person can corner you into donating blood for innumerable bloodbanks as they ‘ll assume you probably anyway don't have enough blood to"make two veins meet". Your clothes need less cloth, thereforeallowing you to wring two sets of clothes out of the same amount of cloth anormal human can only make one set out of.

This blog is intended just so I can clarifycertain things loud and clear…. NO! I aint skinny by intention. Im just smallmade. Its not that I hate eating. I do eat, maybe even more than you do. I have tried protein shakes, mixtures, website tips, health magazines as well. so thanks but no thanks for you well meant advises. I inheritedthis trait from my parents. So if anybody is to blame, its them!!!

All those horizontally challenged people out there….. I hear you!!!

8 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Poornima,

HAHA, what a great one this post is. There ws a time i was very skinny and i could see bones and jsut bones, and then after marriage i started to put on, a kg a year till date. Now every one says, harsha takes good care of u, meaning if u are obese and overweigth like me, the wife takes good care eh !

Yes what u say about skinny people sitting on fat people is true, we see this, the first fat person occupies the front seat, then the other less fatty, and the thin ones on top of the fatty ones.Have u not seen how they used to sit in Ambassador cars, which they said wa snot a car, but a tank !!!

i guess the obese people are jelous of the skinny ones, that why are they so slim eh ! One example that comes to mind is the actress Nutan who was very thin, i guess ti have to do with genes.

Just loved this one, and keep slim, for people pay a lot to be slim, and u are slim for free eh ! HAHA

Great ome this.

Regards

kamal

3. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks kamalji for your nice fb! :)

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Poornima,

When I read this post, I felt like I was reading about me. I hear you girl, people say the same exact things to me too. Most people think I don't eat at all :hide: but I eat more than anyone else in my family...hehehe
    Good one there :thumbsup

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Poornims dear same pinch. I have also been thin in my life. Only recently I have put on some weight. Your narration is too good. One advantage being think you can fit anywhere. In trains especially in Bombay you can sit on the fourth seat. My younger daughter is also thin and some people used to ask her from where do you buy rice. I dont know why people bother whether a person is thin or fat. Everyone knows to take care of themselves.

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha.. Nice post dear.. My brother is a skinny and everyone used to tease me that I'm stealing my bro's portion and came like this.. But the face is he used to steal mine and have..

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Now haven't I told you already that you remind me of a much younger me ?? Well, this is another thing we have in common.I have grown up with short and fat cousins so my height and thinness was always talked about....Even as a child I wondered why nobody commented on their fatness? why was only that considered as rude? anyway looks like they have all grown up at last for now they comment" lucky you.. you have not changed at all.." I continue to shrug off all their comments ..;))

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

glad to know you are one of 'us' ish! cheers to the horizontally challenged!

9. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot for ur fb, vijima!

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

hmm. you too??? cheers!