1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love All!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prana, Sep 10, 2011.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes a small speech or a little conversation or a small question or a small silence brings a lot of meaning into our life. Atleast it might make us think about something. Obviously it happens many times to me. Last week we had guests in our house. They brought their 5 years old too. One of my favorite past time is to have a chit chat with the kids. I love talking with them as they teach many simple things to us. Apparently I talked with him. I was asking about his favorite games, friends etc. At that time my neighbor boy also came to my house. I called him and introduced him to this little boy. When I introduced him, he was so surprised. The reason is, the neighbor kid’s name is Navin. This little boy’s friend’s name is also Navin. He couldn’t believe someone is there in his friend’s namesake.

“Aunty, my friend’s name is Navin. How could you say his name is also Navin?”
    “Why not? There might be more than dozen ‘Navin’ in this world.
    “If there is more ‘navins’ , how could we identify them?”
    “No problem, they would have their initials right?”
    “If the initial also same, what would be in that case?”

So the conversation goes on like that. I somehow managed to convince him (hopefully). But his questions set me think about lot of things (Anyway it happens, after the guests left our home :)). So the base of the thought was, “what is our identity?” How do you identify yourselves if I ask you, ‘who are you’? The possible answers would be, ‘am an engineer/doctor/lawyer etc’, ‘am so and so‘s daughter/son’, ‘am so and so’s wife/husband’ the list goes like this. But in all this identity wouldn’t we lose our very basic identity? ‘The human being’.

Yes, whenever I read bomb explosions, corruption, untouchables, murder etc in newspapers, I really loose my hope in my fellow man. After all, this is a single life. Why we are running behind something all the time without celebrating this wonderful life. The chasing is for earning money, earning good name, held us in a higher position etc etc. But what would be the use in it after losing all the basic human values. There is a famous proverb in tamil ‘kannai vitruvittu siththiram vanguvadhu pol’(roughly, getting the paintings after selling your eyes). Now we are doing the same what it is told in the proverb. What would we do after losing all our fellow beings? Do we live in this planet alone without a single soul??

If each and every soul in this world has love for the other man, would all those ugly things happen? Definitely it won’t happen. We were full of love and affections once we were kids. We as a kid, love butterfly to dragon, love neighbors to stranger. But I am not sure when we lose all those things while growing.

I still remembered that incident. Once earthquake hit India once I was a kid. I might be around 6 years old. The front covers of every magazine would carry that news with the pictures of the victims. That night, after seeing all those bloody pictures, I had lots and lots of dreams. I am not sure whether it was a dream or my imagination. I had a felling like death is nearing everyone in this world. So once we die, what would happen to us? Where we go after our death? Do we have reincarnation? If we don’t come to this world again, what would happen to our soul? So hereafter I won’t see my parents. Even if next birth is there, I won’t come here through the same parents.

I really wonder how my young mind was thinking all those big things. The next day after I woke up, I had a feeling like I love everyone in this love. I wanted to love my parents, friends, neighbors everyone. Because I thought (as a kid) after death I won’t meet them again. So probably my love journey would start from there.

What I wanted to say is, the next moment may anything happen. It might be good or bad. Nothing is in our hand. Why should we have the revenge or any grudge feeling or whatever like in the short period of time? Let’s love our fellow being. Let’s love everyone in this world. Atleast if we can’t show our love to others, let us stop hating others.

See, how the small conversation led me thinking like this…:coffee

14 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Prana dear a thoughtful post. Ya we dont know what is going to happen next moment , so love everyone. Will come back later.

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Friends,what happened....share ur views....doesnt this thread make any sense????:(

4. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai prana, very nice and great work.
    The same question was asked to me with simple correction as Who am I? I too answered like abi/student/daughter. But it was my name, profession and relationship. Then, who am i????????? I'm interested to get ans for this question and searching within me til now.
    You can get ans for this if u get ans for "Who am I?".

5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

prana, u have poured out ur thoughts open heartedly...Such a nice post! Ofcourse, we should stop showing hatredness towards others and start a friendly attitude towards each and every other person! If we do that, it will create a big change in the atmosphere around us! Thanks for giving such a sensible post! It shows ur love towards ppl and on the whole nation for creating a better future world!

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Nice post.. Live the life with a thought "This moment is inevitable.. Just enjoy".

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Quite true prana. Human life is so fragile and yet we all run after materialistic pleasures and in this rat race, forget to smile for a moment, take some time to help others....

yesterday watching the 9/11 documentary made me feel so sad and down for a long time

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prana,
    Yes as you say smaal talks or things can effect us very much if we make LIve Let Live as our policy then we can find heaven on earth itself...I wonder is it ever possible?

9. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Mind is all that...just give it something to think and you will a have whole lot of by product thoughts generated for you... making you wonder alright whats happening here :)

Though it might not sound nice, in this duality world, if there is no hate, it is difficult to understand the concept of love. We need to see violence to understand the value of peace.

It is difficult to describe about oneself. What we think about ourselves that we become and hence we describe about ourselves based on what we do, what we learnt, what we have done, etc...becoming that personality.

Thoughts are fun!!! Happy Thinking!!!

4 people like this.
  10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Viji Mam,

thanks for your first and lovely Fb!!..

yes love everyone...