1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A page from my Facebook

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iswaryadevi, Sep 7, 2011.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Well, its been a real long time since I wrote a snippet. I have been in touch with some of my IL friends in FB (facebook), may be that reduced the frequency of my IL visits? Whatever, few months back I was chatting with one of my dear IL friend ILoveTulips through IL Private Message (PM). So, we exchanged some personal information and I was thinking to somehow find her in FB.

After one week I received a friendship request from a girl. Our mutual friend list had a lot of IL friends and her FB id was ILT’s original name, So, I gladly accepted it and started chatting with her. Our first chat went on like this.

Me – “Hey, this is ILT right?

ILT – “Oh yes Ice”

Me – “That’s great. Nice catching you here”

And so on it went.

After around one month, ILT sent me a PM asking me why I don't visit IL frequently like before. "What a silly gal...She could have just pinged me in FB...!!" :coffee I thought and just replied "Will catch you in FB". The next time I saw her online in FB, I pinged her and we had a merry chat.

Again after a months time, ILT sent me another PM asking me to check her story in IL. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I went, because just the previous day I had told her in FB that I am not having time to visit IL these days. :rant So, this went on for few more months.

Few weeks back, ILT and myself again had a chat in FB, which went on like this...

ILT - "Hey, why you never asked me my IL id"

Me - "ILT right?"

ILT - "Yes yes, BTW, I am sweetynila :)"

Me - "Oh yeah, you are sweet :)"

ILT - "No no...my IL id is sweetynila...!!"

Me - "What??? So, who is ILT then?"

SweetyNila - "What ILT???"

:bonk Arrghhhhhhhhhhh...I just realized I had been chatting with SN (SweetyNila) for the past 6 months and had mistook her for ILT. And all this while, I had been calling ILT silly for sending me PMs in IL in spite of our FB chats. Embarrassed, I apologized to SN and also immediately sent a PM to ILT apologizing for not replying to any of her PMs.

Now the best part is ILT and SN original names are different. Thanks to my memory, I thought they shared the same name :oops:

And guess why SN replied 'Yes' when asked if she was ILT? She thought ILT meant IL member. :spin

And not to forget poor ILT, she had been wondering all along why I replied, I would catch her in FB :hide:

Now seriously, no hard feelings ILT and SN, the mistake was purely mine (no pun intended) :biglaugh

19 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ice dear that was a nice one, good you did not tell the secret you wanted to tell ILT to Sweetynila. I will come back later, postted now because I always like to give the first fb.

2 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ice

HAHA. a case of mistaken identity, like that movie, Angoor of Sanjeev kumar eh !

Superb.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That is hilarious Ice. This is like what happened to me a few times. I had a friend Anu at work. Although I had quit my job, I still had her name on my phone list. I also have a relative Anu. A couple times I wanted to call relative Anu, called up and chatted for about 10 mins, before realizing that it was the other Anu, much to my discomfiture and to this Anu's irritation. So now I have edited their names and added their surnames just to make doubly sure. :)

3 people like this.
  5. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Ice,
    Enjoyed the post...really ribtickling mistaken identity!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweetynila

Sweetynila Silver IL'ite

That was a very sweet mistake u made so that we became friends :)

2 people like this.
  7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

hey ish! hope u havnt been chattig with me on FB thinking its someone else! ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ice,
    Thats real unfair (your shifting from IL to FB) but atleast your mistaken identity brought you back to IL snippet hope you will continue to come here....

2 people like this.
  9. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

So your mistaken identity of ILT and Sweetynila brought you back to IL...

1 person likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Ice baby!
    That was a hoot! I was :rotfl:rotflwhen I read the mistaken identities.
    Maybe you or ILT will write a short story on this soon.
    I will make sure I am I when I next interact with you.
    Enjoyed it!

2 people like this.