1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thankyou Teachers......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Sep 2, 2011.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou Teachers....

September 5th......Teachers' Day......:coffee

As I changed the page in my monthly calender...September......immediately reminded me of Teachers' Day and all wonderful teachers i had come across in my life....:coffee.......(I've left school a loooonnnng while ago.....)

L.K.G miss....who took the fear of separation from me and made me feel at home..in school...and made me perform on stage for the first time....

U.K.G miss......a sweet miss who taught tamil alphabets....especially pronunciation of "ழ"......and lots of rhymes.....made me feel confident....

I std Miss....I was proud to go to I std...."Periya class"....with Science and S.S to study....who made me feel proud that I can write answers to questions...."What is sun?" .." Sun is a big ball of fire"....

II std miss......who made me know that dance was not my cup of tea......:coffee

III std miss...who boosted my confidence by praising me for my skills...

IV std miss...who supported me during illness...how many teachers visit their student who is sick and comfort her not to worry about the classes missed?...

V std miss.....who made me work hard and understand that there are no short-cuts to success..

VI std ,VII std and VII std teachers....trained and molded my organizing skills .

IX std sir....made me understand the power of self-motivation and goal setting...

X std.....my teachers supported and guided to perform well in board exams...

XI std and XII std.....my teachers were there when I needed them...right from clearing my peculiar doubts..., advice to shorten my rather long essays...,appreciate me for the extra effort I put in learning and quoting from other books and shaping my presentation skills.., my art teacher who guided me through all diagrams.....,time management..., my music teacher.....who helped me know my strengths and weaknesses.....

I salute:bowdown all my teachers who have molded and shaped me .....and all other teachers in IL:bowdown for the support and care they give to their students....

Thankyou Dear Teachers !!!:bowdown
    Happy Teachers' Day!!!

( Here too this "mundhiri kottai "student is posting this 3 days in advance.......:rotfl)

6 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear knbg/Bhargavi,

What a cute post!

So, tell me, which teacher do you thank for the great memory power you seem to possess? I am amazed at your ability to remember your LKG and UKG misses!! :)

Jokes aside, the post oozes warmth and all your teachers are really lucky to have you as a student. You have not forgotten the old adage, 'Guru Deivam"!

Besides, if not for this post, I would not have known that there exists a 'Teacher's Day'!! Thank you, I have learnt something today and I shall thank you in advance for being my teacher about the Teacher's Day. :))

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Bhargavi, Such a sweet post!
    I am sure your teachers would have been proud to have you as their student.. :)

Thanks for reminding us all about our teachers who made us what we are today!

4. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Bhargavi,
    Such a cute post...
    It has now sent me into a nostalgia mood-remembering those nice ,old folks without
    whom I may not have been what I am today.

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

A very touching post, Bhargavi. But I do not know how good the present day teachers are.

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Such a cute post knbg. Just loved it. School teachers were always remembered by each and every student. I forgot most of my college lecturers names, but I still remember ALL the names of all my teachers.. Above all the good characters they taught me 'Discipline' is the one still sticks with me, and i remember the teacher's exact words when i miss that.

Happy Teacher's day to you too.. to cherish the thoughts of the good teachers.

P.S:- 'Sarasvadivu' is one of our ILites and a wonderful teacher. From her blogs you will know her passion in teaching. Wanted to share as you wished the teachers in IL.

ilt

7. knbg

Thanks Kamlaji for your warm feedback....I feel honored by those appreciating words.

8. knbg

Dear vidchakra,
    Thanks for your nice fb...it brought a smile on my face...

9. knbg

Thankyou Shakambariji,
    Your feedback always encourages me....thanks a lot.

10. knbg

Thanks Raji...
    You've got a point to ponder too...