1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And they'll all live happily ever after

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Aug 29, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]Finally Anna Hazare got something to eat and drink. After almost a week of starvation. And the good news is that he got exactly what the Indians had demanded. We hear he has some more battles up his sleeve. Only I have a suggestion for him. It really is not necessary for him to put himself through so much of hardship at this age. Why risk his life and health for a bunch of greedy politicians? There are easier ways of doing that.

Just two days ago there was a news item in the papers. "Astronomers discover planet made of diamonds" it read (TOI, 27th Aug 2011). Now it is just a matter of time. They already have enough money to pay the NASA for a chartered flight to take them all to the planet. According to the report it is about 5 times the diameter of the earth. So there is plenty place for them to set about land grabbing and mining. Besides there will be no laws to prevent them from indulging in their favourite activities. They can be followed by our business men and gold diggers. The latter can upgrade themselves by digging for diamonds.

We on terra firma will be well rid of all these groups and can live happily ever after.[/JUSTIFY]

1 person likes this.

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Ha, ha, ha. Excellent idea Satchitananda. But, as an economist, I have to remind you that as soon as gold or diamond cease to be scarce, as could be the case in the TOI planet, they lose their monetary value. So, these greedy people you are about to send away to this planet of diamond will not be happy there. They will fill up their sacks with diamond and return back to Mother Earth!! It is only here that they can play their ugly games.

But then, hopefully, humanity will see the light some day. As Gandhi had said: In the midst of Darkness, Light persists.

Love.

oj-da

3 people like this.
  3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha, wonderful idea Sachi. I cannot really afford such a luxury myself(going to the moon) but would happily contribute some savings to kick start their travel :)

1 person likes this.
  4. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Satchi.....Dont tell out aloud...Already people have booked their tickets to the diamond planets and some some politicians are flying there in chartered rockets....
    Soon the earth is going to buckle dowm with the loads they are going to bring back with them!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved your hilarious post...

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Dear OJ-da, I have to admit that I am absolutely divorced from a economics and hence did not think in that direction. This is just wishful thinking based on the psychology of these people. And that psychology tells me that even that amount of diamond would be scarce for these greedy people, as they keep clamouring for more.

Anyway, I have finally seen a light of hope. The next thing we need to concern ourselves with is that there should be more and more people who will have the ability and stature of Anna Hazare to lead this country in their fight for justice. That will be the only hope for us to get out of this rut.

6. satchitananda

Navs, we could all chip in a little bit. It will be money well spent. Ha ha. :)

7. satchitananda

Ouch, let them stay happily with their diamonds there. There will be enough people competing for them, thus keeping its value intact. So they can make "Diamonds are forever" their anthem and lead the rest of their lived doing the two things they love most - accumulating wealth and fighting each other. :)

8. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Wow satchi ..what an idea .....

Now come on Lets all join hands in sending our beloved politicians and business men to that diamond planet ..and live a corruption free life here on our planet earth ....

2 people like this.
  9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi,
    I agree with OJda....We the people should make arrangements with travel agents they get a rocket with fuel just enough to land them there k so there wont be any fuel to bring them back with their loads...Ha ha ha

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Great Anisu. Nice idea. I am glad to know there will be many of us who are willing to shell out some money for a good cause. :)