1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RadiantCat, Aug 29, 2011.

1. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Friend,

You came into my life when I was lonely, and I found you very comforting. I saw the life that I wanted to live through your eyes; a life full of joy, happiness, care, struggles and success. It was magic, you were my kaleidoscope and I saw the colors of life. I heard you laugh, cry, walk in huff and talk in haste but still I saw life in you; a life that was breeze, a life that I wanted to cherish, an invaluable life that I saw in you to be possessed and treasured.

It was time, you left to greener pastures wanting to progress in the stages of life. You achieved and I was joyous. I was joyous because I saw you achieving, and I saw myself achieving because you were my dream come true. Oh no! I was never joyous always. You know why! I feared you would leave me and the devil in me said it is just a dream for me and a life for someone.

Days passed, the miracle happened, the little seed in you grew. It grew and grew and I know you cherished the fruit and was miracle inside you. I saw you growing, becoming wiser. I saw motherhood in you, the transitions of life in you, but from miles apart the way I dreamed.

When I stand outside my balcony and see the stars, I wonder how it would have been to watch it with you. I had wondered, when I walked on the shores how it would have been to walk with you, but I never wondered what changes would have happened for real miles away.

As the day neared, I saw the distance and one day you said it is your life and not my dream anymore. Friend, I saw dreams for you too, dreams of you holding your prized possession, dreams of a peaceful life for you, and dreams of happiness. When you snatched the dream, I went inside my shell. I went inside my shell, because the buried fear showed its ugly face. The fear of rejection. I shooed it, and came back to see the Kaleidoscope, the pictures were beautiful as before but they were fading. They were fading because the life I saw in you is not my dream anymore.

You turned away and snatched the kaleidoscope from me and I was destroyed by the demon rejection. The little girl in me cried, prayed for the magic, but the gusty winds were too strong.

Friend, I wanted to watch more colors and I see them now on the open sky. The colors of your baby, your motherhood, the little toes, the little fingers, the palm, your hold, its whining, its posters, its crawl, its talk, and the colors of your infinite wisdom. Now, I am content the colors are still intact but are not mine anymore.

Friend my dreams are still the same. My dreams, the vision, and the aspiration are the same. I let my dreams fly in the open sky, and you will see the finest of them falling on you. You are a dream indeed and one of the finest of the dreams! I await for you on these shores, to see the kaleidoscope again. Will you show me the magic again?

I see the dreams through you; because I may never see the reality myself!

8 people like this.

2. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

CanWait,
    That was too good a writeup..superb one...hope all your dreams are achieved :)

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Thanks lalithasatish.

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear RC,
    Your write up moved me so much... how much I can not speak out. It is so intense with emotions and practicality!

Yes, Dear, the dreams are yours tooo and the dreams will surely become reality to you one day soon.

My love and prayers

5. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Thanks KS. I wrote this for my friend BabyCorn.

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear RC,

That was a very good write up with narrated beautifully...

Shanti

7. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

That was a very intense writeup RC, loved the poetic narration. I am sure all your dreams will become reality soon and you will see the colors of your kaleidoscope in all its glory!

9. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear "Radiant" Cat!!!!

This is an emotional post if there ever was one! Your title says it all...Friend! Your friend is indeed fortunate to have a friend like you. But the added years in my age has given me a little more wisdom and I do not view life with a rosy hued glasses anymore! You too should remove those glasses and start painting your own dreams through the kaleidoscope! Surely you have dreamt enough for that friend who is too busy with her own life.

Being so radiant, this cat should easily be able to see the reality through her own dreams!:thumbsup I believe you will!!

For starters, congratulations for this beautiful post which has been nominated to Finest Post of the Month by KAlyaniShAnti! :cheers

L, Kamla