1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Young Again??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

There was this question I saw somewhere that I don't remember where. Today I was wondering about that question. It is this: If you get a chance to live your life again from a certain age which year will you choose? You can even go back as early as you were an embryo.

Hmm.. I gave it a thought, not a serious one, but something to ponder when I go for a long walk. I returned home, but still I couldn't decide on it. Whichever year I pick up tempted by the joyous time I had, the ignorance of that age puts me off and leaves me glad that I moved on to the next year.

You see, this is how my thoughts went up...

I am not 10: I don't have to depend on someone for everything.
    I am not 12: I don't have that stringent restrictions on me when I myself deal with the hard time of puberty
    I am not 14: I understand the difference between Love and Infatuation.
    I am not 15: I understand that when somebody shouts at me, it's not always because of me.
    I am not 16: I understand I come out stupid when I try to be smart.
    I am not 17: I don't think boys are stupid.
    I am not 18: I understand that opportunities and success will not be served in plate to me. I should cook them myself. Sometimes I have to compensate on the ingredients. When the dish turns out to be bad, I am now matured enough to decide, whether it can be thrown away or considering the amount of hard work I put I should be contended with the taste.
    I am not 19: I accept my skin color and understood that Fair & Lovely can't change something that God has designed intentionally, let alone in 6 weeks.
    I am not 20: I understand Job and Salary is not the most important thing in life. I also understood that not everyone goes to work enjoys it, still they go because of the responsibility.
    I am not 21: I realize Men are not always behind beautiful, slim girls with fair skin. They like girls for their character, attitude and kindness too.
    I am not 22: I understood that Mother in law is not necessarily a bad woman as shown in TV serials. They are just another woman feeling insecure when a new girl comes into the home to replace her.
    I am not 23: I understand that a man need not be a super hero and beat up the rowdies to win a girl's heart. Its enough if he is as sweet as a child.
    I am not 24: I understand how many hearts I save from hurting by following one simple exercise - "Think before you Say".
    I am not 25: I understand the heavy message inside the quote, "This too will change"
    I am not 26: I understand 'Trust' is not an oar that helps me to row smoothly on the Marriage river. But its the boat I am rowing on. 'One hole' = 'It's Gone'.
    I am not 27: I understand Success cannot be reserved by anyone for life. So as the Failure.
    I am 28: Still couple more months time left to fill this space. Will wait and see what does it have to teach me. Might be this? I am not 28: I don't make a list and announce my age.

Thinking all this, I am happy with my current age. Though I had many good times in those early ages, I don't want to do things all over again and lose the chapters I already learned. After all I still have lots of things to learn, so I better prepare myself for it. I am really excited to see what more will I learn to add to the list in the next 20 years.

ILT

22 people like this.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I think I am a bit behind in what you have realised at every stage ILT.

you have aptly described the thoughts and growing ups of every stage in a girls' life.. Once again an authentic piece from a wonderful writer

Love
    Pavithra

1 person likes this.
  3. ILoveTulips

Thank you for your words and for the first feedback Pavithra.

The ignorance are there in every age, but the learning are done in very later age.. So when clubbed together it seemed like I learned a LOT! hehe...

ilt

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

so very true ILT. I am a silent fan of your writing in fiction and non fiction. If I have not mentioned before, I like your username :)

5. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

ILT,
    wonderful piece of write up!
    your one line for each stage very well describes the thoughts at that age...
    great!

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

ILT dear I also second what Pavithra has written. A beautiful write up well narrated. Good analysis of all the stages of life. Good I saw this now otherwise would have missed a beautiful write up. I have finished all my nominations otherwise would have nominated this. Your write ups are always very good

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

ILT,

what a great understanding of your life...If I were to be born again, I would like to choose the time when ILT started to write...:)

8. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear ILT,

A wonderful write up with nicely narrated about stages of life... a understanding with full meanings .. thanks for sharing...

Shanti

9. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Good points to ponder, Tullip

10. ILoveTulips

Thanks pavithra. And I am not telling this because you said it, I like the 'tamil' in your username, like 'Paindhamizh' :) And thanks for reading my fictions.. :)

ilt