1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you 'mind'?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

One day I was thinking what is the meaning of Chitragupta..yeah, yeah, the same PA to Lord Yama (no no, I am not talking about Natpudan here :hide: )

As Lord Yama couldn't handle all of our leelais here..he wanted an assistant to do that job and asked Lord Brahma to appoint one such person, to which Lord Brahma agreed and waited upon such a person. :coffee

One day suddenly a person appeared before him :hiyaand the Lord himself asked him, who are you and from where did you come from.
    That person replied that he was in Lord Brahma's mind, all these days.
    Hearing this he was named Chitragupta--meaning..one who was hiding in the mind.

Our consciouness is our own Chitragupta, but we are all Chitraguptas in a different way. We are biased and find faults of others (too many) and goodness in ourselves (if any) :-(

Do you know why? I got an answer to this question in an unexpected way..mysterious are the ways, our mind works isn't it :)

Two days back, my father and myself were looking what are the functions of the right side of the brain and as well as of the left side and then this question arouse in my mind..why the right side controls the left side and the left one controls the right side of our body.

The answer to this : We are what our brains are trained to do..'control the opposites' :thumbsup

We always like to see the change in others than to see that change in us.
    We always like to control others than to control ourselves.
    Opposites attract us.

We are different than the original Chitragupta because of our brains and we are possessed by the brain, which controls the opposite sides.

I was reminded of this old tamil movie songs which goes like this:(kann pona pokkile...)

"Can the feet go wherever the eyes were cast
    Can the mind go wherever the feet takes
    Can a human go wherever his mind takes him
    Can he forget the path from which he came from?"
    ( pardon my translation)

Forget the last line (pun is not intended) come to the 3rd line which shows our minds wander all the time, and we cannot blame a person, because mind always controls the opposites and so do we, not able to control ourselves :spin..haha..

I hope you all agree to this answer why we are not the same as the original Chitragupta..:) who does a wonderful unbiased job of keeping the records of all the leelas of the humankind.

sriniketan

15 people like this.
  2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

What a wonderful subject. Kavinar Kannadasan was a genius. Thanks for explaing in Tamil Cine song.I understood it much better.

We are biased and find faults of others (too many) and goodness in ourselves (if any) [​IMG].

In above sentence, we always feel that we have goodness ( not if any, always we have plenty).

Very few people are not biased. Even parents are biased. But we wouldn't agree at all.
    Have you heard anyone naming the child ChitraGupta?

Hope to hear form other people's point of view.

Good day.

2 people like this.
  3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Srini, A thoughtful subject!

How very true...
    We always try to control others instead of controlling self...

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear srini....simply loved it!! What a nice analysis!!
    Looks like it isn't it? Now I think we can meddle on others' affairs with less guilt and also forgive others for meddling in ours quite easily :)

Thoughtful subject and very nicely and simply explained.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Actually no CL now that you mention it!! Wonder why though!!

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

A very much needed post for me Srini at present...As usual, you have brought a very good subject in a humorous way... :thumbsup

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    I was meaning to give my feedback but kept missing this! Yes right there is opposite what my mind thinks my action did not do!

Very profound topic Bhargavi and presented in your usual simple approach! How true! Like Sabitha says we can now meddle in others' affairs and blame it on brain without any guilt! :)

That is still one of my favorite songs.

Your last line could be the reason why no one is named Chitragupta...we all know that humankind can never be unbiased.

8. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Ha srini,
    Yet an another good post from you......:)

9. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

hi srini,
    Well said and very true too!!!very beatifully written..we look for changes in others never realizing that we need to change certain things too..yes one small desire ,though not heard of this tamil song , would love to hear it now!!!searching in youtube now :)

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Coffeelover,
    I too wonder why the name Chitragupta is not popular. When I asked my mom, she replied that as our mind wavers all the time, people might not have named their children as such..:biggrin2:
    It is sad to see even parents are biased, which is highlighted in the movies and serials to add fuel to the fire..:-(
    Haha..very true..we have many good qualites in us..:)

I went saw the Youtube, where it is said, that this song is written by Vaali and not Kannadasan..I also felt that it was penned down by Kannadasan.

sriniketan