1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food for thought

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 30, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kitchen is the place where I get ideas to write early in the morning. I come to cook after taking bath , so early in the morning by body is fresh and also my mind. God is everywhere but I have kept God's photos in the kitchen . So He also guides me.
    While I am cooking in front the open ground is there which I can see from the kitchen, I can hear the crows cawing and the birds making sounds. I can see the greenery out with so many plants . People coming out of their houses either to go out or to go to house. I can hear the pom pom of the cars going out. Its a nice scenery early in the morning.

Today when I was mixing the chicori with coffee powder I thought I should mix it properly so that I will get a nice filter coffee. If it is not mixed properly then the coffee wont be so good. When the milk is fresh boiled at that time and the dicotion is also made at that time , then when I have the next round of coffee the taste will be good and also I get more energy to spend the rest of the day. Just as the chicory and coffee powder should be mixed properly our life also should have a mixture of good and bad so that we know the value of everything. If we have only happiness and no sorrows we wont be thinking of God , so God gives us both and especially to people who adore Him and pray Him he tests their patience.

Today being Amavasya I made Rasam, Molagootal and Tomato Pachadi. Then later grinded for dosa after giving breakfast to my dh. Then in between only I remembered that I have to sweep and swab the floor for my husband to do tharpanam. If I keep everything ready for him then only it will be convenient for him to do tharpanam.

I get many ideas at that time but by the time I come here to write half the things I forget and when someone gives fb , the thing swhich I thought I can read in the fb.

In matters of style, swim with the current,in matters of principle stand like a rock.
    In life we require will power and strength to overcome the difficulties.

Everyone looks out for an experienced person only in every walk of life . But after doing for the first time only we get experience. If we give a chance to the new people by experience they might become the best. Without giving them a chance how can they become expert. Encouragement should be given to people who are the beginners.

I have experienced that those who have hurt our feelings, they come back to us for help. They dont understand that this is kaliyug and whatever bad we do will come back to us immediately, need not wait to experience it in the next birth.

Today after cooking and saying the prayers when I came to change my saree to go to the temple I saw myself in the mirror and was surprised that I was not looking tired but looking fresh, do not know whether it was because of the thoughts or because of the red saree I wore.

Then when we left for the temple, we got an auto before reaching the road and the auto fellow was saying good I came from inside otherwise you would not have got anauto on the road as many people are waiting. I also told him ya hamara naseeb achcha hai aaj (today our luck is good). While going it was raining but while coming back the rain stopped. While coming back I took an auto and just when the auto was moving I saw an old lady and her son waiting for auto. I asked them where they want to go and they were also going towards my house only. So asked the lady to come with me and she was very happy. I was also happy that I could bring a smile on her face by taking her in the auto.

As soon as I got the first opportunity I came here to post.

15 people like this.

2. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

Dear Viji,

A wonderful post from you. You reference to coffee chicory is too good.
    You have passed on your smile and luck to everyone who reads this post.
    Keep writing. Have a pen and notepad handy in your kitchen to jot down your ideas and later post it in IL.

Happy writing!

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, you always bring a big smile on my face. Every time I read your thread, postings and blogs, i feel so happy.

You made it clear about life. Coffee and Chicori mixture is great example for people like me who loves Coffee. I can smell and taste your coffee form your posting.

Can I give you suggestion? Keep a tape recorder next to you and tape your thoughts and later put it int he paper/computer. Have a wonderful weekend.

your friend,
    CL

1 person likes this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

looks like you are determined to be happy today and make others happy too? so, I thought I would make you happy by giving you the first fb for a change.:)
    so you wore a red saree today..so much you seem to have done since morning viji..good ! keep up that mood. :)

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vijima,
    Your posts are very good many time I have not given FB I regret...but it is not intentional only that I dont get time, ever since I wrote my on snippet and felt the happinesss of recieving FB I felt guilty so I kept the screen on your post only finished my work a bit and came back to give you FB...
    Yes as you say Godd thoughts in the morning makes the whole day light and fresh and bright today as a change water was coming so rushed to have bath and do puja..Here in my flat there is severe water problem as the bldg is very old about 40 years and plumbing is deterioting but the maintenance people doesnt care to maintain...As a reward the first post I saw was yours...It really made my day and filled with lot of good things Thank You Vijima....

1 person likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very nice Vijiakka! I don't know whether red saree made you look fresh, but I knwo reading your post made my mind fresh and gave me the motivation.
    You are such an inspiration to me! I amy have told you this but I will never get tired of telling you this over and over! Because every snippet yo write is so simple touching on day-to-day activities and you have no reservations about telling about your faults as well as your successes in equal terms.
    So I think here is a human being just like me; because I also make mistakes more than I do things correctly.
    Ver nice akkka!

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Viji aunty you are so sweet and have that child like innocense so intact :thumbsup Your posts always bring a smile :)

and that is the cutest thing I have heard! Spoken like a true Leo!! Keep your thoughts coming Viji aunty.......

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi dear I am glad to knw that I have passed on my smile andluck to others who read this post.Thanks dear fro your first fb and you made my day by your sweet comments. I can try to jot down but while cooking it wont be possible because by certain time I have to finish cooking. [

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

CL dear thanks for your compliments. Glad you could smell coffee from my postings. I will think over your suggestion, thanks[

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear I want to be happy everyday but some days make me sad. You wanted to give the first fb but so sad already two fbs are there. Anyway the thought itself is more for me. Thanks for your compliments dear. [