1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My musings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vjbunny, Jul 26, 2011.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I have never written in snippets forum...An year ago when I joined IL I was very different person now I can see I have changed a lot in positive ways all thanks to you ILites and special thanks to Induslady for formulating such wonderful website and the senior writer like ChitVish for helping me in my culinary skills, Varalotti Sir, ArtVani for helping me realise my sewing dreams....
    To begin with I have partial hearing handicap since past 15years..My experiences of this harsh world started from high school when I began to lose my hearing power I couldnt get adjusted to the truth that I was losing hearing capacity as I was such a talkative and had befriended almost whole school. Out of Nowhere it struck like thunderbolt and from then onwards I could see that people are not what they projected themselves to be...The experiences then made me go into deep shell as people used to use me as their defence for all their wrong doings... In fact it made me reject Infosys job offer that I received on completion of my degree as I was very much afraid to mingle with new set of people....
    Even with my DH I couldnt open up till my third year of marriage such was the impact I had since my handicap happened.Thank God HE gave me a very kind sensible DH that I owe a lot to my DH for bringing me out from my shell by pestering me to teach Maths, Science and English to neighbours kids which interaction brought me alot of confidence in me and made me look at the world in new way...

And Finally IL taught me to accept my handicap and move forward...Varalotti Sirs blogs helped me a lot to accept life as it is and people as they are when God and His Love is what matters most than what others do in this short Life..Thank You Sir and IL Friends (Please forgive for I am not naming for the fear of forgetting to include names of friends who matter to me most) for being there With me....... Now I am no more afraid of saying I am partial deaf....:thumbsup

18 people like this.

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

VJBunny,

Its really nice to see you in snippets. I am proud of you as you have accepted as to what you are and moving forward. I had a Kannada professor in my College who also had hearing problem and was using a hearing aid. But he was a marvelous teacher. So please dont fear ....come out of your shell and start interacting .....

1 person likes this.
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anisu,
    Thank You dear....But unfortanately for my problem hearing aid is not available...I will surely start interacting and this snippet is one step taken towards it...

4. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

vjbunny,
    Each of us have our own fears and tend to enclose ourselves in a shell. As a teenager the pimples on my face was enough to cut me off from my friends and people around me... And later when I started working I always feared to talk in front of others due to my non-fluent english..

Now with time I have learnt that all these are less important things and we have to lead our life the way we want to...

I am so glad and proud of the fact that you are my friend...
    Please continue your musings here.. Looking forward to read more from you :)

2 people like this.
  5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vid,
    Thanks for touching FB yes we all do have fears and I realised this by roaming around IL so am very grateful to IL n IL friends

6. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

hi vjbunny

Nice to see you here in snippets...I have seen you in my nature cure thread regularly...
    I am so proud of you and each of us have some problem, we must not take them in a negative way, think about well wishers and march towards our GOAL.Continue your posts with more confidence....
    Take care..

7. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vjbunny,

I am proud of you ,my dear...

You have learned to accept ypurself as you are and I am glad to hear from you that

IL have helped you change for better and more confidant and positive person...

You are lucky to be blessed with a good husband which is not so easy in reality in this cruel,harsh world.

All of us have some sort of disability -only some are visible to others as they are in our physical form-the body.

Many of us are have a deformed minds dripping with sadisim and vanity...they get away with it....

You are a million times better off than them.

Dont worry-be happy... a whole world has accepted you as a good friend here in Il.

You are one amongst the best!

A small problem is sometimes made to look gigantic when we look at it with a magnifying glass.

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna,
    Thank You for the support yes with Gods grace I am heading there...:thumbsup

9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shakambari...
    This what made me go into shell at that time I was very young and with the shock of losing my hearing I was thrown among these people it made go into such a deep shell I lost my belief about fellow human being slowly I got out I owe this to my parents, my DH (you are right again, I am blessed with best DH...so my belief in God enhanced many times post my marriage) and finally IL...

Thank You for lending me your support..

10. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Dear vjbunny,
    I am really happy to see you coming out of the shell and spending your valuable time teaching the kids..Many people hesitate to accept themselves as what they are. We lead life for ourselves. IF the other person does not accept us or misuse us for their own benefit, then the fault is definitely with that person. If we are clean at heart there is no need for us to bother about anything..Only few people are blessed with wonderful and understanding Dh and i am happy to know you are blessed with such a wonderful DH . Who says there is no GOD now..GOD is everywhere but in differnt forms and disguises..As one of our friend said each one of us have our own disability,yes deformed mind is also a disability although not visible to others.It is with u and only we and we can decide how to lead and carry forward our lives in a successful way!!!

I am really proud to meet you and am PROUD of you dear..see you here soon with more articles...

1 person likes this.