1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Riots at marriage!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jul 19, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Marriage has it's emotional moments and hilarious ones as well. Here are few "laughter riots" which I have witnessed in weddings.

It was my friend's wedding and I was with her all through the wedding. There were rituals being done with the bride alone and then after some time the groom was called. All the groom's relatives were in the hall and someone said that groom was in the room. The room was upstairs. The groom's brother went to call him. Couple of minutes later the groom's brother returned alone. He was in tension and told the groom was not in room. This caused complete chaos in the hall. People started looking for the groom everywhere. My friend was almost in tears. Suddenly the groom appeared from no where. His mother who was extremely tensed asked him where was he. The groom innocently replied "I was in rest room". We all broke into loud laughter when we heard this. My friend who was crying earlier was now herself laughing uncontrollably.:rotfl

We were at one of my relative's marriage. The groom was a very lean person and the bride was bit healthy.:) For one of the rituals, the bride has to sit on the groom's lap. When the bride sat, the groom was unable to balance himself and both of them fell on the purohit who was sitting to their side. It was very embarrassing moment for them. But for the spectators it was very difficult to control their laughter.:biglaugh

Let me narrate one funny moment from my marriage. There was a ritual where we both had to break pappads over each other's head. In my over enthusiasm I took the papad and hit it directly on my husband's head. (Similar to how we break coconuts :)) Everyone around started laughing. His relatives were teasing me. "Please don't use his head to break coconut at home." When it was my poor husband's turn he did it properly and showed me that papad has to be broken over the head and not using the head. Only then I realized I had to do it that way.:hide:

9 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Very funny. Laughed so much. second one is the best. So how is your husband's head? Hope you are not using it for breaking coocnut.

Good laugh.

1 person likes this.
  3. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Vidhu, thanks dear for making me laugh with your posts. As you said, Nalungu is really a hilarious moment.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Vidhu,

When I read the title of this thread, I thought some fight or something like that in some wedding, felt bad..But it was a relief as a finished reading the first line :thumbsup.

And as I came towards the end of your post, I am :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.
    Papad incident was funny..and am imagining the video of those bride and groom falling over the purohit :biglaugh.
    Thanks for this beautiful ones..

bye

1 person likes this.
  5. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Very hilarious, especially the 2nd incident. Had a hearty laugh.

6. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Lovely humourous post vidu dear. It made me laugh non stop. 2nd one was too funny.

7. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidchakra, Good post! I actually thought that it was about some problem but it turned out to be a funny post. I really laughed out loud when I read about your papad breaking ritual.

1 person likes this.
  8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Vid,

Please give me your address.. i need to send you a bill for buying new chair and the damaged floor.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I had tears in my eyes laughing out uncontrollably:)

Thank you so much:cheers

1 person likes this.
  9. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidchakra,

Your post reminds me of mine.Actually my DH ate papad that fell on his lap :)What else a papad maniac will do?All my cousins started teasing to no end....

2 people like this.
  10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha,really really funny,especially the one where both the bride and the groom fell on the purohit .What a hilarious moment it would have been.Thanks for a down to earth and heart warming thread,which made my heart lighter.

1 person likes this.