1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am dieting you know!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jul 2, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Let me first tell you why am I dieting. My hubby is out of town for two days. The good side of me was sad that he will be away and the evil side of me was glad that I don't have to worry about cooking for couple of days.

I avoid cooking when I am alone and eat whatever is available at home. By whatever I mean whatever junk food is available at home. :) I have managed to survive only on that many times.

:bonkWhy am I talking about junk food? I am supposed to tell you about my diet.

My hubby called me yesterday evening and as usual he was advising me to cook something and have proper food. I being a sincere wife always listen to his words, but never follow.

I had a great idea. Why not have healthy food this time? I made a plan. I am going to eat fruits and vegetables for dinner today. I told this to myself. I had cucumber, carrot and tomato at home. So decided to make some salad with that. There were no fruits at home and so ventured out to shop some.

I reached "big bazaar". The good side of me wanted to buy fruits and leave. The evil side of me wanted to look at the new clothes available. I spent around half an hour doing window shopping. I always love shopping when my hubby is not with me. Oh, what am I doing? Why did shopping come into picture?

Lets get back to my diet. I was at the fruits section. I picked up apples first, the healthiest fruit and equally boring. I also picked up mangoes. I have read somewhere that mango helps in losing weight. Yes, I have also read that you gain weight eating mangoes. OK, I believe the first one. Next, I picked up Jamun fruits. I don't like them, but my hubby likes them a lot. I actually got it for him so that he can eat once he is back. And then took few bananas. I looked at my basket. It was almost full and it was heavy. How will I carry everything back home? I had to ditch few of them. I let go the apples.

I was walking towards the billing section when my eyes fell on the ice cream freezer box. I suddenly remembered reading somewhere that eating ice cream after dinner is good for health. (Now please don't ask me where did I read this). The Baskin Robbins box looked so good just from outside then imagine the inside. I quickly put it in my basket. Ice cream is light weight, I said to myself. Oh, there was one more ice cream freezer box and guess what there was a board which said buy one and get one free "Amul" family pack ice cream. What was more tempting was the ice cream flavours. I could not resist the offer and put them (two packs of Guava flavour) in my basket. My good side began to dominate. It was asking me to sacrifice the Baskin Robbins. My evil side readily agreed. Two pack of Amul should be enough for two days. I listened to both of them.

All along my way to home I was worried about ice cream melting away. The first thing I did after reaching home was put the ice cream in the refrigerator.

My hubby called me again. He asked me what did I cook for dinner. I told him about my plans. I told him that I shopped for fruits and would eat only healthy things for dinner. No, I didn't hide him about the ice cream. He laughed at me when he heard about it. I don't understand why.

I started my dinner with Amul Almond flavour Shrikand. Oh, I didn't tell you about this. It was already lying in the fridge. This was a plan I had made before my diet plan. So it took higher priority and I could not skip it. I had few spoons of Shrikand when my good side reminded me of the fruits I bought. I then had the delicious Alphonso mango and two bananas. I ate one jamun fruit and thought of keeping rest for my hubby. Yes, in between I had couple of pieces of dark chocolate.

Then I attacked the most interesting part of my dinner "Ice Cream". I took one big scoop from the pack. The big scoop looked very tiny to my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and saw properly. It still looked small.I took one more. I sat in front of the TV and started eating. It gave me so much pleasure.

My good side took the lead again. It made me think that I have had enough for today and sat in front of my laptop browsing IndusLadies. It was only few moment and my evil side started troubling me again. I went to the kitchen and came back in a jiffy. I had two oily spicy "Nippattu" in my hand. I was at my multitasking again browsing with one hand and eating with the other.

My good side was crying. It poked me with questions.
    Good Side - "What happened to your salad?"
    Me - The vegetables are in the refrigerator. If I finish everything today what will I have for tomorrow.

Good Side - Is this your diet? You have added so many calories.
    Me - How do you know how many calories I added? Its actually less than other days. Remember that I didn't eat rice today.

My good side finally gave up.

My hubby called me again to ask what did I eat.
    "Only health food. I am dieting you know." I replied.

23 people like this.

2. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG] Delicious dieting vidu. Enjoy it. Nice write up [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. vidchakra

Thanks Manju!!! Glad you enjoyed it... Hope you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed my diet...

Hmm... So you say its delicious dieting and not healthy dieting:)

4. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

I would'nt mind any day to go on this diet!:thumbsup

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

nice dieting... that is what i did today. no icecream but i tend to eat junk food when at home without husband :D

6. vidchakra

Hi Mathu,
    Thanks for your response...
    Yeah.. any person with sweet tooth would not mind this :)

7. vidchakra

Hi archana,
    Glad to see you here... How are you?

Hmm... so I am not the only one...I have company here :)

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

you know what you remind me of "me and my healthy eating plans".. i got onlt sprouted moong salad for lunch .. and now I'm so hungry tat am planning to step out and get myself a choclate.. it boosts up energy levels which I so need for my work at office!!!..
    HAHAHAHA..
    K

1 person likes this.
  9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. vidchakra.. that was a superb marvellous write up.. The truth about dieting for people like me!! I loved the way you wrote and the way you ate..

Awesome.. Write more like that.. Had a good laugh..

10. vidchakra

hi preethi,
    I am so glad you liked the post... Thanks for the encouragement...
    Will surely keep sharing...