1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Postmortem Of An Argument.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

You’ve got mail. Read my inbox.

I knew exactly who had mailed. I convinced myself that I dint want to read it. No, not at all. Never.
    well,.ok, maybe I ll just peek and see what he has to say now. .

So, I open it. and saw a single line….

“ its been two whole days , darling. Are u still angry with me? “

I fumed. I really thought I shouldn’t reply. No. Do not! well, maybe just this once....but i promise never again...

so, I reply with…” don’t ‘darling’ me, ok. Yes, I’m still angry.”

two seconds later, the reply came, “ so, darling, you are still not talking to me , I take it? do you by any chance remember why exactly we fought this time? Because I ve got no clue at all.”

The jerk! He doesn’t even remember. But how can I forget? I can never forget in my entrire life, the look on his face when he uttered those words! No never. Omigawd! he said the word and now doesnt even remember it!

I: “ I do remember the exact word. And the exact moment you said it.”

He : “And what exactly was that word and that life-shattering moment?”

I: “Well, if you don’t know, then u don’t have to know. Don’t act smart ok.”

He : No, pls pls tell me. I really want to know. I only remember you giving me coffee and then suddenly you walking into the bedroom and slamming the door to my face! its all a blur, really.”

I: “Well,ok. Remember, I made you coffee that day? and you drank the lot of it staring at the TV....u were watching some football thingy. And then...then when I asked you how it tasted, you said “ ok” . hello!!! I mean. What OK??? I ,with so much effort , make coffee for you, even when I had worked the entire day and the previous night as well.... And you say OK!!!! You are so insensitive ! U r such a jerk.”

He: “No need for the adjectives , really. but, I dint mean it like that. it was just that I was preoccupied. Why do you make big issues of such things???”

I: “Hello??? Remember who makes big issues of trivial things. You do. Remember the time I said your new iphone wasnt half as extra-ordinary as you claimed it was. And how angry you got. You sulked for the rest of the day.”

He: “ well, that was for just one day. What about you, you sulked for the whole week when I said Federer would defeat Nadal. What about that?? P.S - and i was right, fedu did beat nadal that time....”

I: “ @@@@$$$$$$$$%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%. now, dont crow ok. see dint i say nadal will overtake fed in the world rankings. look whos world No:1. now!”

He : “%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%@@@@@@@@#######################”

Finally, an weary him said. “ I’m sorry. My fault. I will henceforth appreciate every coffee you serve me with. and hail Nadal!.”

And, I being the sweet natured person that I am, ( naa naa, no pun intended at all) said,” ok. Forgiven. “

Him : “So now be a good girl and meet me outside. “

I : “you first

Him : lets call a Truce! At the count of three, we shall both open the doors of our rooms and come running out in slow motion in true filmy style.”

I : sigh!

So, at the count of three, two doors in the same apartment opened and two idiots looked and grinned at each other sheepishly ( hubby and me, I mean) . And then we moved towards each other, shook hands and hugged. ( as was our kiss-and-make-up routine )

Well, allz well….until our next argument , that is.

8 people like this.

2. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Funny thread. LOL. Couldnt control my laughter. Nicely narrated.

3. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Ha ha ha Good one! enjoyed reading this..
    I do wonder why hubbies are like this??I do get the answers like OK,Not bad etc.
    Regards

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks mickey for the prompt fb!

5. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks sou for the fb!:)

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi poornima,

that's so sweet. really nice reading a snippet from you after so long. was suffering from withdrawal symptoms. so just how frequently do these battles take place? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

dats very sweet of u satchi!

well, ahem...you know once in a while.... :hide:

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

That's a very sweet funny post Poornima, enjoyed reading it :biglaugh
    I had so many guesses about who this conversation might have happened between, two people in love, husband and wife residing at different places etc, the fact that it happens under the same roof is an interesting twist :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Cute one Poorni and nice narration too :thumbsup

10. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Hilarious! :rotfl