1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I imported this beauty!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

We both were “co-members” in a chat site in 2005!
    When I joined IL, she too came & joined, much to my delight.

You will find it hard to guess whom I am talking about! It is none other than our one & only Kamla, our most gracious Super Moderator!!

In the initial days of IL, there was so much of joie de vivre and a handful of us were continuously interacting with each other in the very few forums that were existent then!! Quite a few of them do not log in anymore like Prathi, Vandhana, Meenu, Meenaprakash, Manju Reddy etc. Sudhavnarasimhan & me continue, faithfully.

The posts that come out of Kamla’s keyboard, are, coated with nothing less than honey that the enterprising bees collect from the choicest flowers of such exotic locations as the Flower Valley and Keukenhof!! She clearly proves that she is made only of sugar and spice and everything nice. The praises that she heaps on others may seem so lavish that she makes them wonder if they are really so good & praise-worthy!! Well………………..let us not debate on sensitive topics!!

BUT, one condition though. She is too busy with her own life & for your posts to get noticed by her, they have to be nominated in the Finest Posts forum! Not a mean thing at all!! But then you can’t fault her for wanting to lay her hands only on the very best! Even then they must wait in a queue to get her reply!! But the reply will be so sweet that you feel happy that it was worth waiting for.

I am really amazed that she has something different to say in every announcement of the FP winners month after month. She makes me feel that playing with words, generously complimenting the winners’ writing skills, is a ridiculously easy job!! She makes the FP winners feel as if they are on par with the likes of Arundhati Roy and Shoba Dey!!
    In fact she has elevated herself to the finest literary writers in our forum. To judge a winner of all the fabulous entries month after month requires a consistent genius which I can never be.

I now feel, if Kamla visits a thread & comments, it is as good as winning the FP award!
    Friends, I do hope you know by now what I am hinting at!! I badly want her to read my post about her!

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Ho, Chitra maam!!!

I am fairly a newbie compared to you all. But I can understand how nice it is to have such friendships and some posts I read here in IL, keep lingering on my mind forever.

Like your post of :Will it ever come from a horse's mouth?

I am sure Kamla maam's writings capture the minds of so many of us.

And we will start a chinese whisper so that this post reaches Kamla maam about herself.

Well written about another IL :bowdown

3. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Chitra amma

YES.I agree,being a word-crafter,her wordings egressed from hottie honey comb,though rare to receive, streams out one's inner spirit..automatically.
    Well,We,in IL have a free copy of Scrivener,Kamala,who makes a lurk, who line up to read her winning proclamation.AMALGAMATION!!!!!!!

Twice I had the opportunity to drew the honey-comb towards my place.Supremely favored,privileged.[​IMG]

Its overnice to read the annotates of a positive,perdurable qualities of a highly noble person [​IMG]from a durable honorable soul.[​IMG]

My salutes to both of YOU [​IMG]

Thanks Amma.[​IMG]

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chitra Ma,

Though i am new to IL now only....i too accept what you say..really Kamala Ma's writings is really nice and i am wishing that her posts will be getting nominated for FP...

I am sure that this post will reach Kamala Ma..

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs.C, it is nice to see you reminicise about the good old days and you are still part of these good days now as well :) You are right, I remember reading Kamla's snippets and posts as I started my journey with IL. And you right, now she graces only the FP posts and yet it is a pleasure to hear from her and read what she has written in the finest posts forum. I will join Pavithra in her spreading the word so that it may reach Kamla.

I am hoping this is just the beginning and we will have the pleasure of reading about more ILites!

6. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Chitra ma,

so sweet of you to invite Kamala mam to releave herself from mundane routines. Nice way for calling her. Very true she comes to our posts once we knock the door of FP .

Kudos to both of you for your immense patience to guide many like me in Il

God bless both of you

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

DearMrs. C
    What a wonderful testimony to Kamla! She richly and rightfully deserves every word that you said!
    Kamla
    I apologize that some friends have spelt your name with the extra "a" but they really meant you!
    However inside me I was glad to share the name of a famous person so that I could bask in reflected glory:hide:

1 person likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

What a beautiful tribute to one of the most gifted writers of IL! Like Kamala says, Kamla :spin richly deserves your words of praise. She knocks our socks off each time she puts her fingers on her keyboard. May the little birdies of IL whisper the news of your post to her so that we may have the pleasure of reading her again in this post.

9. Chitvish

Pavithra, thanks for flagging off the FB train :)
    There is something called chemistry, call it "clicking with eachother"!! Once it takes place, a long gap of silence does not matter at all!!
    It is so with Kamla & the "horse's mouth" - note I am not saying horse!! :biggrin2:

10. Chitvish

Dear Saroj, you rightly used the comparison with Scrivener!:thumbsup
    One has to be really a gem at heart to generously praise others!
    That you are twice written about by her, is luck as well as a blessing for you!!