1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Motherhood resides inside a Non-Mother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 10, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

We always talk about mothers but not about the woman who could not become a mother. This is in appreciation to those women who think other's children as their children and encourage them. They never show their sorrow of not having children but admire the mothers and also take part in mother's day to celebrate. I know many women who could not become mothers but they dont sit and cry but spend their time in doing something else and show their talent. Some take care of others children and happy in bringing them up. Women who are alone stay in a family where other children are there and think those children as their children . The children also get attached to them. We should appreciate the men who give support to their wife and dont say anything for not conceiving. When they grow older they think each other as their child and be happy.

One of my aunt was there who became a widow in young age but still she did not lose hope. She became a teacher and used to enourage all the children. She spent all her money in helping others but poor thing in old age she had to suffer and noone was there to take care of her. If she had saved some money when she was young she would not have suffered in old age.

Mother's do sacrifice, it is because its their blood. But people who adopt children or who care about other's children are even more greater. Hats off to them.

Thanks to Coffee Lover who made me think about the other women, so this post and thanks to Malar for helping me with a nice tittle.

sindmani likes this.

2. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Nice post, Vijimma.

I guess Motherhood is a trait of women, whether they become a biological Mother or not to some children. [​IMG]And that you have brought out so nicely[​IMG]

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very well said Vijima. We celebrate "mother's day" which excludes those women who do not have children of their own. But as you have rightly pointed out, being a mother is a lot more than just physically bringing a child into this world. A true mother is one who can feel the same way about someone else's child as for her own.

As you have pointed out, many women have the joy of helping bringing up their siblings' or relatives' children. In Hindi the word for mother's sister (Maasi) has a wealth of meaning behind it - it means "ma si" or "like my mother". Similarly all aunts are like a mother, if they feel that way about it. In that sense, every right thinking teacher, baby sitter, child minder or any other woman involved in caring for a child are the mothers of the child.

Kudos to you Vijima for such a positive, thought-provoking thread.

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Well said viji mami,

We often tend to overlook those noble sacrifices done by such women
    Yes hats off to them !!!

5. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Viji ma, first of all hats off to your this thinking!! Motherhood is in born in all the persons and it doesn't mean it holds good only for the biological mother. You have rightly brought down that!!

As you said, biological mothers have the blood relation and it is because of her the kid has entered this world and they have the duty of taking of their kids.

But, for a mother who adopt a kid and take care of other kids, they are great!!

You have clearly portrayed the real meaning of motherhood ma :bowdown

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji mami,

When a couple don't have children, there is no other celebration at home with near & dear ones from their side like valai kaapu will be conducted, then celebration on child birth, naming ceremony, first birthday celebration.... so on. But the greatest gift that god has given to such a mother is that she can love even other's children as her own [​IMG]. This motherly love [​IMG]inside them is not recognised by others and they talk ill behind back and blame them if their child falls sick [​IMG]. Not this alone, there are lot many challenges they face in their life bravely.

This special post of yours is a mother's day gift to all those true mothers.

This is for you [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty, very well said. When I read the title of your post even before reading the entire post, the first person who came to my mind was Mother Teresa!!

From wikipedia.....while she never saw the women in her own she could very well provide the same to so many others. I am sure there are many many women out there making the very same difference in many ways!

It indeed is in women - they can make a difference, build families and hence impact socities. Thank you and :hatsoff for bringing out the "mother" that is in all women !!

8. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Viji ma
    :bowdown for this beautiful post. I am one such boat where we are in ttc for 5.5 years. During the initial years, I used to be very upset,depressed and extremely jealous during mother's day. But nowadays I have moved on and accepted the fact. It will happen when it has to happen. So now, I enjoy my time with my DH niece who is extremely fond of me. We both are so close my DH comments that her mannerisms sometimes closely resemble mine and we look like mother and daughter. :)

In the past mother's day meant only disappointment and anxiety for the whole day. But now all that comes to my mind is my DH's niece whenever I think of mother's day.And now, I whole heartedly wish my mother, MIL and my SIL on mothers day. :thumbsup I am definitely more at peace with myself. Thanks to IL and all my friends from the ttc forum.:bowdown

9. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, First let me thank you for giving me credit. Not many people do that. You are true Gem.

"Mother's Day" and "Fathers day" are for everyone. My mammi brought me up for few years. No kids. My DH"s aunt was so nice to be who lost her husband after a year of marriage and child after 5 years. She used to be very nice to kids.

It is difficult to be nice to your children all the time, but being a mother to others is very difficult job. You have to be Politically Correct otherwise people will point out that you are not the child's mother.

There are mothers who love other people's children even though they have their own. They ar ealso great humans.

I know we discussed about it, but you have written it beautiful.

Good day!!!!

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

A very beautiful post Viji ma'am, one of the posts that has made me feel proud to be part of IL :cheers