1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I'm going nuts!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 16, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

"So what's new about that? Where is the question of going nuts? We all knew you are already confirmed, raving, hooting crazy and just humour you out of the milk of our human kindness" did I hear you say?

Please, please, please don't say anything about "milk" :bowdown and I think I should refrain from the word "nuts" too. Every morning I wish I could crawl back under my blanket and remain safely esconced from all the harm and damage that food and air could do to me. DH was threatening the other day to have me shipped to the nearest loony bin :hide: if I continue this way and keep being paranoid about everything in my environment.

Tell me, what else could any sane person do? First thing in the morning you have a cup of coffee in your hands and a newspaper in the other. The newspaper does not bring any good tidings and what's more it brings some horrendous news. It tells you that you should go and chuck that cup of milky coffee down the closest sink. It is full of hormones and antibiotics that were fed to the cows and if you drink that milk, you will soon start resembling one [​IMG]. I decide this paper is no good and switch to the other. The other one tells me that unless I eliminate the coffee completely and drink the milk neat - maybe upto 4 cups a day - my bones will be seriously unhappy with my attitude and take me to task [​IMG]. Which paper do I listen to [​IMG]?

Come lunch time and I am faced with another dilemma - veggies. They have chemicals sprayed on them and some of them liked the taste of the pesticides and soaked them in completely (to stave off pests like me, who love to eat them up at the least provocation). So now if I eat those vegetables, then I might land up being eliminated. I took care to buy the most attractive looking carrots on the market the other day, only to be told that dyes are being injected to make them look colourful and attractive. So I can't eat them. And if I buy organic stuff, then I run a serious risk of ingesting some parasitic cysts and may land up with cysticercosis (parasitic cysts lodging in my brain and gnawing away at whatever little of it is left, bit by bit). The proverbial choice between the devil and the deep sea, or between the rock and the hard place or Hobson's choice (at least I am giving you so many choices here - something that is entirely denied to me these days).

Now white rice, which I love is not a good choice, or so I am given to believe. In fact eating rice will make me fat - so the dietician at the nearest health spa tells me. I may eat only fruits and veggies, which takes me back full circle to where I started off. :spin

Eggs could cause salmonellosis, contained devastating amounts of bad cholesterol and were bad for the health [​IMG]. But this week, their cholesterol content decreased and are at latest count indeed very good for the health. Suddenly this week the Vit D content of eggs has also increased [​IMG]. I wonder if the NECC (National Eggs Coordination Committee) or the Venkateshwara Hatcheries have anything to do with these new improved eggs! :biglaugh .

By the way, wasn't alcohol supposed to be injurious to the health? Yes, indeed, until the French secret of healthy, active and loving hearts was traced back to all the red wine they drink. No wonder we were told it was not good for health. The French wanted to reserve all the wine for themselves.

But hold on, alcohol was also known to be the cure for all sorrows, until last week, when it was decided it increased one's sorrows.

Hey, you scientists out there! Can you make up your minds once and for all? Why the hell do you not keep your research to yourselves?[​IMG] Oh yes, unless you publish your findings and send the unsuspecting public on a roller coaster spin, you don't get paid, do you? That is why I gave up this profession and vowed not only to live happily ever after but (as far as I am concerned) to let the general public do the same. But I should have done more. I should first have discovered a selective bomb to wipe out all researchers, quit my research career (I have to foolproof my safety you see) and then hurled the bomb at the remaining scientists.

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That was absolutely hilarious Satchi :thumbsup

3. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

Great write up Sachi..
    Its so true that whichever way you go its a +1-1+1-1... bringing us back to where we started..:bang so its best not to read all these stuff that the research guys put up and re-read their new research and confuse the little brain we have.. Forget the rest live life to the fullest!!!Chillout!

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Learn the policy - IGNORE!!!

I bought my MW in 94 & have been ever since using it to the extent of even boiling milk in it. From 95, the forwards coming in mail& the articles on the net warn you about the evils of MW - cancer bla blah etc!
    If I am healthy from 94 till today, that proves what a myth it is!!

They say aji no moto is injurious to health. May be we make Chinese food twice a month & every time, use a pinch. If 3-4 of us eat that dish, how much of ajinomoto per head will be consumed??

Read them & just forget them the next minute.
    Don't go nuts - too trivial these are!

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

:biglaugh:biglaughEven i would like to [​IMG] the scientists & researches for confusing us. All the research reports are based on experiences of a few. each of us have different type of health condition, according to the gene, living habits, etc.

Even the organic food doesn't vouch how much genuine they are. If a genetically modified produce is sold under that label, will it serve the purpose? Known devil is better than an unknown angel. So, whatever furits and vegetables, pulses, we consume, better wash it thoroughly before consumption.

Its better to go as per our conscience rather getting confused by these reports published to fill a space in the newspapers. That's why i left my habit of going through the newspapers few years ago & migraine helped me by becoming an excuse ;-) :rotfl

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi

Honestly my heart warmed to you instantly when I read about your travails of having to choose between psylla and charybdis day in and day out. And honestly again, I hate people who have clear-cut view about everything and can make their choices instantly. I really wonder what joy they derive with their ruthless decisiveness. I love people who visit a restaurant and sit absolutely flummoxed glancing through the weird looking menu cards. They look at every table viewing the kind of dishes that get gobbled up by the gluttons. Finally they just order for a cup of coffee and walk out of the place completely beaten!

Please remember that all the fun in life is provided by the nutty and absent-minded professors and not the stern jackasses. I always consider a confused person as the best example of humanness. People who sport a ‘know all’ look put me off completely. If I continue to be light hearted even at 68, the credit should go entirely to the thousands of confused people who keep coming in contact with me either to confuse me or to get more confused.

May your tribe increase, Satchi! You have no idea how many hearts you may be gladdening with all your confusion!
    Sri

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Satchi,

You can say anything about anything,, except COFFEE. That is my life like billions of people in this world. I ignore all the warning, scientific research etc. First they said that the whole milk is bad. 2% or non fat milk. Now they say NON Fat is bad. Eggs are so bad for sometime. I have no idea how to cook anymore. Bottled water is great- one research and other one says not to drink too much water.

I do agree your first line. Going nuts!!! we are all nuts to read the news paper. I am ignorant. I refused to read about food, politics and war. love to read about stupid movie gossips and ofcourse Tamil Nadu election. It is not politics as far as I am concerned.

enjoy the food and of course red wine too. ( for Kamalji- whiskey)

enjoy life and come with me in Madisar to visit bars in Madras. ( Usha Uthup+AUvai Shanmugi style)

Good day!!!!

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

See u are a veggie, non smoker and nondrinker, so u have less risks.

look at me, i have all of these plus eggs, which u scare me now, then chicken get the bird flu, so i fear if i eat the brids then i may become an ullu (owl) or die.

one doc says drinks good for health another one says bad for liver, meat gives cholestrol, and now fish was said to be good, but could be, what if the japan fishes come to indian shores, if i eat them, i may get radiation? And besides how can i make out the ja[anese fish from indian fish, fishes dont have passports, or chinky eyes for me to recognize them.

So i remember thi s song of Rafi

Zindagi kya hai, Gam ka dariyaa hai,
    Na jeena yahan bas mein, na marna yahan bas mein.

And then follows the second song

jaen to jaen kaha, samjhega kaun yahan,
    Dard bhare dil ki zuban !!!

Then the third one

Jeena yahan marna yahan, iske siwa jayen kaha

So Satchi, we both, are in the same boat, eat and die, or starve and die, so better we eatr and die , nahin ??????

HAHA

Superb blog, and forgive my FB, god knows what i have written, HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

kamalji,

I watch Hindi movies, but don't understand the songs. Hope you are kind enough to translate it.

Good day.

CL

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much Ice. :)