1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

S'pee'cial Pani Poori

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

S'pee'cial Pani Poori

Mom called me from Mumbai day before, to tell me an amazing real life story of a Pani Poori seller on the roads, who used to pee in the Water of the Pani poori, and serve u tasty urine mixed with the usual ingredients , to give u a lovely Paani Poori.

He was very popular, for the taste of his PP was better, and he was cheaper than others operating in the area, till his luck ran out, and some girl caught him on camera peeing in the container containing the pani poori water, and exposed him.

Well, the explanation given by this fellow, is, that there was no urinal around, where he could relive himself, so he thought why not pee in the same container, for after all this is liquefied Morarji stuff, if morarji could drink urine, why cant the public.

A very noble thought indeed, but what the PP fellow did not realize was that Morarji drank his own, out of his own free will, and he never forced anyone to drink his or theirs !!! This was bad of the PP fellow, eh !

Now u must know, that may be the reason why the street PP tastes better than home made ones. For they have flies dropping in for a swim, the seller may have sores on his body, which he touches to relieve the itch, or he may have touched his TWING, as men generally do, we do feel the need to scratch u know, so all those tastes go to make the Pani Poori, so tasty.Now I know the reason.

I have said this before in my previous blogs but I repeat it again as it is relevant to the current blog, and for my new fans out here.

Many years back there was a report in the papers. The unclaimed dead bodies in the Govt Hospital in Jaipur are kept on ice, and when the body is disposed,t he left over ice too is sold on the sly to the sugarcane juice fellows, who mix that ice in your sugarcane.And with flies being crushed in the crusher and the dust and the grime, u can imagine why sugarcane juice tastes so good on the streets !!!

I have seen the roadside Dosa fellows making lovely cheap hot dosas for us, and I hae seen their sweat falling on the dosa, but which dries up fast, no wonder they are so yummy eh !

But they say one must never eat, never delve in secrets, or go deep in things.As long as the taste is good, eat it and don’t think too much about how it is made.Maybe u may not eat it again, if u know the secret.

Here is a folk lore which will better explain the example. A man used to go early to the ghats to bathe in the holy water, when every day he used to see a big leaf come floating towards him, containing one of the best prasads he had ever tasted.

It went on for years, till one day he got curious to know the source. He came in the night, and got a bankman to take him to the other side of the river. When he got there, he hid himself behind a tree, and soon early morning came a man with the leaf, who put it in the river, and our man followed the man.

The man entered the King’s Palace, and went to the king’s room.Our man climbed a tree outside the king’s room and stayed awake. Soon early morning , he saw that the Hakim ( the local quack) came to the king’s room,. The king lifted his lungi, and turned, the king had a huge boil on his ass.

The Hakim put the hot medicine in a cloth, and gave a good massage, then he removed the stuff from the cloth, put in on the leaf, added some cashewnits and sugar, and gave it to the man to put it in the river.

The man on the tree puked, for he realized he was eating something rotten, but as long as he did not know it , it was delicious.

So friends eat and enjoy, if u see the kitchens of the restaurants and 5 stars u will puke, nothing is fresh, all kept in deep freezers, and for veg people well, they use th same spoons in the kitchen, the ones that are used for nonveg. I have seen it myself.

Hence i urge u FRIENDS TO CONTINUE EATING, don’t BOTHER PLEASE BY PEOPLE LIKE ME, WHO don’t ENJOY ON THE STREETS, AND STOP U GUYS TOO FROM EATING.

tHAT IS WHY OUR BODIES ARE SO GOOD IN INDIA. wE ARE NOT DELICATE LIKE THE aMERICANS WHO GET LOOSE MOTIONS WHEN THEY DRINK OUR ORDINARY WATER.

tHESE THINGS ARE GOOD FOR OUR HEALTH, THEY MAKE US IMMUNE.
    a new germ has no chance to go in, for the older ones will tell the new fellow, we have been here so many years, our chance has not come yet, how dare u come in, and kill that fellow.

remember that song, from des pardes – tu [pee aur jee , that is the motto of life .

carry on friends , carry on.

KAMAL MAHTANI

In a Government office it was written

Please keep Silent

Somebody wrote below it

OTHERWISE WE WILL WAKE UP !!!

Santa took a Bakri in the Bus with him ( she goat )
    The Bus Driver got angry and threw Santa Out

Santa said

Agar mere saath ladies sawari nahin hoti, to tujhe Batata !!!

A Sardar changed his password to “ incorrect”
    So that whenever he forgets his password, the computer will tell him
    “ your password is incorrect “ !!!

After slapping wife, husband says “A person only beats those whom he loves dearly “

The wife slaps him twice and says “ Do u think I love u any less” ?

This is called true love eh !!!

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

uhh!!Kamaljiii..

I had just finished my lunch

Well it was homemade :)

The jokes at the end of post made the awkward feeling lessen :rotfl

3. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

O Kamal Sir,

What a way to warn us, who live on the street-side food!
    [​IMG]

In our childhood, my Mom used to tell such dreadful stories in order to drive us away from PP. But it was far away from your story of PPP

I do not think, anyone who reads it will dare to go back to their life-long love!

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

You reminded me of my nanaji (maternal grandfather) who every time we stepped out to go to Juhu Beach (I was around 5 years old then) would tell us how the bhelpuri vendor wiped his sweat off and let it drip into the bhelpuri, or how his finger would travel up his nose and then the same hand would be used to prepare bhelpuri, or some other unmentionable stories. I used to feel really grossed out, then go to the beach and forget promptly and enjoy the bhelpuri and come back. Now I am unable to eat anything on the road. Even for sugarcane juice there are hygienic shops who keep the sugarcane refrigerated and then squeeze out the juice in clean units. The juice is untouched by human hand. So whenever I feel like drinking sugarcane juice, I go there.

5. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Re: Pani Poori Pee

[ a new germ has no chance to go in, for the older ones will tell the new fellow, we have been here so many years, our chance has not come yet, how dare u come in, and kill that fellow.[/QUOTE]

I was both repulsed and fascinated by this post. I had a good laugh like I generally do when you are the OP but this was really something! I was drinking tea btw when I started reading this and then I had to stop...both. I was able to resume the reading after I dumped the tea. I am not sure when I can drink anything again without throwing up but I am also strangely compelled to thank you for notifying me of this. So thanks?

6. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Pani Poori Pee

Oh my:hide:.Made me almost puke just by reading:spinbut that's the truth.

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, Its a bitter truth. No wonder, they taste..... :|I would like to share what i have heard long back. I was told that it came from the mouth of a person who had worked in hotels earlier and then got into BPO.

If the dish ordered doesn't taste or look good, some people raise hue & cry calling the manager and get it replaced. In such cases, the cook/chef/server used to spit in, mixes it and then serve it with a smile & apology. This is done to vent out their anger & as a revenge too .

Is it not better to cancel their order & silently move out.:redface: It's best to avoid eating out.

:rotfl

Like this slap slap game.:crazy:biglaugh :biggrin2: If this game becomes popular among Indian woman then they need not worry about the dot busters.:goodidea:

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

kamalji????? you have spoilt pani puri for me forever now. I dont think i can ever have them without remembering this now.
    and you know i logged on first to this post today after a nice dinner? :bonk

okay, my mistake entirely..i saw the title again which should have warned me..instead I read it as "special" pani puri and rushed here ...hahha

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji

even i read the news, and i used to love PP. But there are good shops, where hopefully, they dont do like this :bowdown. Now i will think twice before eating PP

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, thank you for ruining lot of people's craving for street food. And that sardar who gave his password as incorrect indulged in a bit of un-sardarlike activity. He showed a bit of intelligence!-