1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Shahid Afraidi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

(Oops!, there seems to be a typo in the title but I am not going to correct it. In a way it seems to be correct. So let us go ahead with the epistle to Pak cricket captain shall we)>

Dear Shaidbhai,

At the outset let me make it clear that I am not really interested in cricket.. In fact I am a staunch opponent of deification of cricketers. But your recent comments about Indians after losing the World Cup semifinals at Mohali have transcended the willow game and have entered the realms of humour.

I particularly loved the way you dragged the Guy Upstairs into your comment. "Allah has not given Indians large hearts" unlike Pakistanis who have XXL size hearts. Such remarks have provoked quite a few titters and some angry remarks.

But I don't know what is there to get angry at. Yes you are right Pakistanis have extra-large hearts, particularly the cricket team . Otherwise how could you explain the manner in which they generously dropped catches that literally fell into their hands to pave the way for victory of the Indian team? Hats off to your boys. They did this at a great risk of guys back home pointing accusing fingers at them for match fixing.

Even the batsmen were great contributors. Take the case of your highest run taker Misbah-ul-Haq. He is just the guy you need to drag a five day test match to a draw and he played the ODI semifinal in the same spirit. showing his big heart by contributing to keep the team's total low. He let the guys at the other end take the rap,.

And what can I say about my own countrymen? They hardly matched Pakistan's generosity. showing that the Guy upstairs had given them really teeny-weeny. hearts. While playing such a generous large hearted team, it would have been only fair for the Indians to hand over their wickets to you on a platter. But no. The small hearted guys did nothing of that sort and stood between the ball and the wicket like a Bollywood baddie standing between the hero and the heroine. With exceptions, they didn't allow the lovers ball and the wicket to meet. Real villains aren't they?

The only exception was Sachin. He tried to show that his heart was larger than yours by giving you such easy to take catches. But your boys won the largehearts race hands down by just refusing to take them. If I had been in Sachin's lace I would have sent my man of the match trophy to you with a Thank You note.

Dear Shahid Afraidi (Oh, the typo again!) you were probably afraid of heads, including yours rolling back home because of the defeat. So you decided to play the victim of small hearted Indians. But I think you have nothing to be scared of. Your countrymen are too busy worrying where some bomb will go off killing dozens to bother about you or your team. Having a blast is really a great idea, no?

Dear Shahidbhai, since you are so clairvoyant about the size of the hearts Allah gave you, you should also know why he ensured your defeat in the semis. May be he was testing the largeness of your hearts. Looks like post Mohali they have shrunk to peanut size..

Yours truly,

Someone who is no fan of yours. or your game.

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Such a hilarious post :thumbsup :thumbsup

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Shahid Afraidi - hilarious! Did he become shahid because he was afraid? Or was he afraid of going home because he had become Shahid in the match? :biglaugh:biglaugh

4. rajikannan

rajikannan Bronze IL'ite

i have a SMS joke to share
    Gk question:why was the match held at mohali?
    ans:so that pakisthanis can return to their country by walk:rotfl
    nice post:thumbsup

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Enjoyed the above part...

6. RashmiMahesh

RashmiMahesh New IL'ite

dear bala......
    i loved ur post......
    i had similar feeling when i heard his dialogs b4 semi finals and after returning back to PAK

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Shaheed Afridi i read somewhere would be an apt name for him.

Yes he did nto have a blast here, for he sees many in pakistan.HAHA

Where does Allah come in eh ! Well they certainly have big hearts.

today morning i was reading Sunil shetty's statement, he said, he was enteratining Afridi's brother, while they watched thematch together, and they gave their seats to the paki brethrens, while they stood themselves, and this is wha they get in return.He was pretty incensed.

Great one Balaji, lovely humour, Superb.

Regards

kamal

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Iswarya tks a ton.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

As always, hilarious... Balaji.:thumbsup

Clearly he is a loser and not a very sporting one at that. :)Okay, maybe he cannot talk pro india and walk safely in his country .But I can never see any of our cricketers talking like that though we too ,as the public , treat an Indo Pak match as an Indo Pak war.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  10. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Such a lovely post.. cant stop laughing:biglaugh