1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Start early reach late!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Feb 24, 2011.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Start early reach late!
    I think only one person in this world can accomplish this impossible feat! That would be yours truly…Moi!
    Let me tell you what happened last Thursday!

I was unusually super-efficient the previous evening. After dinner I killed my temptation to watch TV and plunged straight into getting everything prepped up for the morning - chopping, roasting, grinding, cooking dhal, etc.
    I even managed to decide what to wear for work… hee, hee!:biggrin2:

Thursday morning! Due to my efficient planning (ahem!) breakfast and lunch were ready in a jiffy and I was ready to leave by 7:10am!

My workplace is a 15-25 minutes drive (depending on school buses and red signals). Leaving home around 7:40am will comfortably get me to my desk by 8 am.
    “Wow” I thought, “a good 30 minutes …I can come home early this evening...”!

I was driving a few minutes when I realized I had left my packed lunch at home.:bonk Now I had an option of eating at the cafeteria or returning home to get the lunch pack.
    After a quick recall of our cafeteria’s Thursday lunch menu which made me go “bleh”, I turned back home. Anyway I still had time. When I left with my lunch pack it was just past 7:20am; well I am still early…and can leave 15 minutes earlier…

I was just short of half-way when the low early morning sun hit my eyes. While hastily donning my dark glasses it dawned on me that I had left my specs home where I had practiced my music:bang. I have two pairs – one for home and one in my handbag (always). But last night to save time climbing upstairs to get my spare ones I used the one from my handbag. I am blind as a bat without my extra eyes; so with no other option I returned home.

Glancing at my watch after picking my glasses I noted that I was going to be 10 minutes late. That’s OK. Not bad. I made a quick call to my supervisor and just as I reached the gates I realized that I had no badge! Ye Gads! :crazy:bangWhat is this? Yes; while taking out my glasses I had taken out my badge from my bag and forgot to put it back.

I had to go home or get a temp badge. Opting for a temp badge I walked in to the badge and pass office and to my dismay saw a lo….ng line promising to be a minimum of an hour’s wait. It would take me less time to go home I thought.

So I drove all the way home, picked up my badge, and for the fourth time that morning, left for work!

When finally I sat at my desk it was close to 9am- a full hour late!:hide:

I have seen and heard of folks who forget one thing on any given day; but three?!!!...:rant

Now do you all agree that only I could accomplish this impossible feat?:cheers

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    1 person likes this.

2. gdivya85

gdivya85 Junior IL'ite

Oops! I know how you are feeling now after 3 delays even though you made preparations to start early the next day...I have also had this experience before...I went to a shopping mall once and selected few dresses to try out in the trial room. I removed my spectacles in the dressing room. When the billing was done I went home and was having dinner watching TV. Suddenly I realized that my vision was blur and when I was discussing this to my husband did I realize that I left my spectacles at the dressing roon. we rush to the store at 11:00 Pm again :)

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Humorous writeup. But I always keep important things in their place..like my office badge. There is one pocket where I keep it in my purse and never take it out at home.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi kamala,

that was a humorous write up. sounds like something straight out of a night-mare - you know the ones where everything proceeds in slow motion.

5. laddubala

laddubala Gold IL'ite

That was really a hilarious post, kept smiling all the way till the end. It happens to everyone but you made a hatrick attempt.:rotfl:)

6. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala ji,

when i read the title was very curious to know what is there inside...while reading first couple of lines i thought...ok you started early for office but reached late in the evening...but when i completed reading i cant stop laughing...it happens. Couple of days back when my DH dropped me at the bus stop I realized that I left my mobile at home...:eek:mg:..how can I be without phone??? Then requested my DH to bring the phone and waited in the stop. :bonk

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Ohhh my!, kamala, I am sure it was just one of THOSE days. Exasperating at that time but hilarious when you pen it down.:biglaugh
    Just some well meant advice from one good friend to another…never allow yourself to be happy that you have everything under control. Somewhere, something is bound to go wrong. It always happens to me leaving me with the feeling that I could have been a little more humble hahhah
    (You sounded just like me getting things ready the night before. So many times I have patted myself in the back for my efficiency only to get flustered at the time of departure.:bonk)

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala

As everyone has mentioned , hilarious post.So many things happening on the same day. Really you have lot of patience to go back and get the things.

Usually I keep my things ready in advance. Let me tell my yesterday's experience which is a different one. I had to drop the cheque for Mobile bill in the box. So wrote the cheque and the details in the bill. Had also to give cheque request to the bank. By mistake I pinned the mobile bill, cheque and also the cheque request and dropped the same in the box. I had also to update the passbooks. On the way I happened to see my purse and the cheque request was missing. Then I had a doubt whether I pinned along with the mobile cheque. So went again to the Telephone office and asked the security there whether he can open the box. He said he does not have the keys. Luckily the fellow came to open the box and I got the cheque request. Another man who was there, I dont know who he was , was saying it was ok you could have told the bank people and they would have given you the cheque.

Sorry for the long post.

9. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Very humorous write up of an everyday incident,Kamala!

Well -My Dh regularly forgets his packed lunch...left his cabin keys at home and what not!!!

His mobile is another poor thing which is left at home and he sends someone to pick it up later..

Atleast men who have a wife to remind them and fetch their tings are better off ...so better keep a check list of things to be taken and follow it.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Poor Kamala...but there is a brighter side to this:

What if you had started at the same time as usual and ended up veryyyy late in the office...1 hour delay is ok na! :)

sriniketan