1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will you be my Valentine.....?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Feb 9, 2011.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

An open letter to my husband…..

Dearest S,

This letter is written in the spirit of love and all things gushy n mushy…. And if you never hear me say aloud all these words that I have penned down, I know you wont be surprised, because you know me well enough to know how emotionally constipated I am. So, I have put in writing whatever I want to say this valentines day.

I know I am not always the easiest to put up with , I know I am not perfect and yet you love me still. I can’t begin to even put into words just how special you make me feel. Whether it is seeing the love in your eyes for me or just the way you hold me when I am upset. Or How you let me escape into my shell ,no questions asked, when you can see I need to be alone to save at least a part of my sanity. Thank you for all those times you have stayed awake just to watch me sleep. I know this because most of the time I only pretend to be asleep because it makes me feel so special.

And, I love that nothing is too silly or embarrassing to talk about. I love that you have an awesome family, I don’t think I could have gotten any luckier in the in-law department.

We have shared so many memories, sadness, happiness, laughter, hard times and I know there are much more of each of those to come. But I also know that I want you there by my side through each and every one of the memories for the rest of my life.

I wouldn't want to trade a minute of it. Through it all, you've been my lover,my protector, my confidant, my sweetheart, my challenger, my alter-ego, my strong arms, my handyman, my fellow dreamer, my mechanic, my sounding board,my supporter, my cheerleader, my encouragement, my admirer, my ego-booster, my stress buster, my critic and most importantly, my friend! And I love my life, with you in it ofcourse!!. You make each day tolerable. There is no one else I'd rather laugh with or spend the rest of my life with.

So, Will you be my valentine this year and the next and the next and all the rest to come……?

Love,
    P.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

2. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww............. thats superb emotional letter u've posted here... im gone...very very cute feelings... sp thanks to u dear....im deeply stuck by ur works.... advance v'day wishes.. enjoy

3. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Lovely Poorni :thumbsup
    Very touchy!

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

that is so beautifully written poornima. amazing!:thumbsup

5. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot for ur prompt fb! v day wishes to u as well....:)

6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks mithy!:thumbsup

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot satchi!:)

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Ohhh....That is so sweeeeeeet Poornima...I am gonna nominate it now for FP :)

9. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Very nice one!!! It triggers me to write one to my DH...

10. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Wow! Poorni,

Very lovely to read. :)
    May you both live happily for many more years:cheers