1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Experiences at “Chitra Santhe – Art Fair”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Lalitha Shivaguru, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

My Experiences at “Chitra Santhe – Art Fair”

Last Saturday was a hectic day in office and never looked like a Saturday as we worked till very late. I was waiting for the Sunday break as I wanted to laze in the bed for more time.

Sunday dawned very fast, got up at 7.00 (which is too late in our standards) and was looking for a day to relax but came the next bomb shell from my DD that she wants her to be taken to Chitra Santhe….I said “Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttt” what’s that ? was my instant reaction…and was ready to say a BIG NOooooooooooooooooo as my Sunday would be gone but before I could open, she was quick to retort saying that’s a fair for Art.
    I was like ohhhhhhhhh (but what are we supposed to do?)

Reluctantly I pushed myself and took an auto and landed there after a roundabout city tour thanks to some political rally. As soon as I got down I was just awed by the whole scenario.

The Chitrakala Parishad is a famous Art Temple of Bangalore hosting lot of fine arts and also has got a college and recognized in the World. It is situated in the heart of Bangalore surrounded by Hotel Ashok on one side and facing the Bangalore Golf Club. The whole stretch of road is covered by a canopy of trees providing a cool shade to the whole area.

As we neared the venue, I could see the whole stretch covered by paintings on both the sides of the road….I was “ohhhh my gawd……………….”.We didn’t know from where to start and how to start. As we slowly edged towards each painting, slowly we got mesmerized by them. The vibrant shades filled not only eyes but also our souls. My DD was just screaming mumyeeeeeeeeee see this, oh that…no no that. Times slowly ticked by but were totally unmindful when the participants started to have their little lunch on the road I just saw my watch and it was almost 3 but we had not covered even half the distance. DD & myself forgot our hunger and were totally engrossed and we became small kids enjoying each colour of life there. We had a small pack of bhel to satisfy ourselves and DD bought some acrylic colours and when we almost were done it was 5 p.m. We were totally exhausted but our hearts were yearning for more….DD had laid her heart on a beautiful painting but we just could not simply afford to buy the same.

The highlight of the fair which I was awed very much was art done on pencil lead. The whole of Mysore Dasara was depicted on a single lead....we could see that with the help of lens but the photo could never do justice to that. It was simply mind boggling.

For a visual treat of our trip to Chitra Santhe, please click here.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

2. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Wow, What a lovely relaxing sunday you had!! Thank you so much for giving us a virtual trip of some of those paintings.Every painting is toooooooo beautiful .

Love,
    Parvathi.

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

dear lalita,

that was a lovely post and i really loved the collection of paintings. i have nominated your contribution for the finest post of feb 2011. thank you for all the pictures.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Lalitha,
    Thank you for taking us on a virtual tour of the Art fair..
    I enjoyed watching the art as much as you all did there on a Sunday morning.
    How realistic these paintings are...awestruck looking at those priceless arts!

In Chennai in some of the places, to avoid the graffiti on the walls, paintings were done on the side walls, depicting, temples, different poses of the dance, historic places, local arts and the like..it was a treat to the eyes and mind, as you had pointed out.

sriniketan

5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

DEAR LALITHA

Thanks a lot for sharing your Day Out at Chitra santhe...I had really wished to visit this place atleast once when i posted about chitra santhe long back in Indus Ladies.
    ((http://www.indusladies.com/forums/bangalore/106117-karnataka-chitrakala-parishath.html ))

1. Did you take any photos .....???????
    2. How was the crowd ?
    3. Price range of pictures...?
    4. did you meet any of your friends ?
    5. How old is your dd ? is she so interested in painting ? Do share with us if she has done any ok.
    6. which painting did you like the best...?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Art @ Chitra Santhe | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Art and artist @ Chitra Santhe | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Art and Artist @ Chitra Santhe | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Sunitha,

Thanks for sharing your collection too.

When we started our journey the crowd was less but towards the end it was heavily crowded. I have posted the photos in my album and given the link in my post. Please check it out. My DD aged 14 yrs is very much interested in painting and wants to make a career out of it. I have posted some of her works in my album too. Myself & DD fell for a painting which I have captured in my mobile and another one was a artist from Chennai. His paintings I loved the most very realistic...two girls walking on a flight of stairs and temple scenary.

The photos are all captured in my mobile, hence clarity might be not that good.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Big B,

Thanks for the honoured visit dear.

In Bangalore too most of the walls are painted so that no posters are put. I enjoy seeing each wall during my travel.. It is a visual feast.......

8. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalith Shivguru,
    [JUSTIFY]
    That was a virtual treat.Hmm good pics but more than that I think your DD would cherish such memories.
    [/JUSTIFY]

9. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Satchitananda,

Thanks a lot for your visit here and for the nomination. Still more photos are left I have posted only the cream.

The highlight of the fair which I was awed very much was art done on pencil lead. The whole of Mysore Dasara was depicted on a single lead....we could see that with the help of lens but the photo could never do justice to that. It was mind boggling.

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Paru,

Thanks for your visit. It was defintely a treat for the eyes and soul. I think I would never be able to forget it....even my DD.