1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hats Off to these Celebrities!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jan 21, 2011.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    It’s a general tendency of the public that most of the time we look at celebrities as a different cast altogether. We generalize many things about them, their eating habits, dressing, personal life, spending habits, throwing tantrums at the drop of a hat and all. While talking about such things, we tend to forget that they are also human beings; their life is so public that even a sneeze makes headline in the news papers and other media. We talk about their affairs, repetition of dresses, favorite eating joints and what not. But this particular news item in today’s tabloid made me feel proud of these celebrities.
    Veteran actor A.K. Hangal aged 95, is not keeping well for quite some time and is unable to bear his medical expenses. Yesterday’s news paper carried news that he is seeking some help from film industry for this and today I read that there are many who’ve come forward to help him in need. To name a few it’s Mrs. Jaya Bachchan, Mithun Chakraborty, Salman Khan and our very own Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Mr. Prithviraj Chavan.
    I loved Mrs. Jaya’s note which reads like this, “Please tell Hangal Saab that his daughter was not aware of his condition. Her office will take care of all his hospital expenses.” She has worked with him in a few films and in one film he acted as her father. How nice it feels, when an actor who played the role of a daughter in a film is still considering herself as his daughter, even after so many years!!! Hats off to such a daughter! I am more than glad to read this for her and even for others who have enquired about his need and have promised to do the needful.
    I think it’s high time; we all should change our mindset of looking towards celebrities. I agree that they have a lot of money but then others who are not celebrities, have a lot of money too. But how many of us come forward to help someone in need. So, three claps from me to these human beings for having a soft heart and noble feelings to help someone who needs it the most.
    Cheers J

6 people like this.

2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Anu,first hats off to u for ur good thoughts!!!yes really there are some good hearted people like Jaya....

3. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

yes this is very true, and today only i read in newspaper that he is getting help from bala saheb thakere also.

4. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Very sweet of her :hatsoff

Anu, I agree with your view point.
    But I hate celebrities who do nasty things to stay in the limelight :rant

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear prana for your loving reply.cheers-anu:)

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear mankan for your reply.It's so nice to hear that so many people are coming to help in whatever way they can.cheers-anu:)

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear mithy,thanks for your reply.i too agree with you.There are nasty people around who go to any extent for cheap publicity.cheers-anu:)

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice article, anukarsha

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear for your response.cheers-anu:)

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear mahiramki for the like. :)