1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

*A sorry message*

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithy232, Jan 11, 2011.

1. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

To ♥ HIM ♥

Beautifully decorated church!!!

Smartly dressed U and cute little ME ;-)

Father started uttering spiritual words where I was clueless about things happening around me. All I know is YOU!
    Here comes the marriage pledge:

"Mr.♥ and Miss.♥, since it is your intention to marry join your right hands and with your promises bind yourselves to each other as husband and wife."
    [I was waiting for the declaration - Mr & Mrs.♥ ]

You say:

"Before God and these witnesses, I take you to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in health and in sickness; to love, cherish, and protect, as long as we both shall live, according to God's holy law; and to this I give you my pledge. I love you"

I say:

"Before God and these witnesses, I take you to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in health and in sickness; to love, cherish, and protect, as long as we both shall live, according to God's holy law; and to this I give you my pledge. I shall also promise to understand your silence, to give you comfort, to love you more without expecting in return, to code your smiles, to give you space & independence, to trust you, to give you the best of me!"

Father finished it saying "God has heard your vows, and we are witnesses"
    Then we exchanged rings and mangalasutra.

There I go to make a request - "Father, could you please ask everyone to pray for us. I had been waiting for this moment for a very long time. Give me a minute to feel this moment in silence please" He smiled back at me and gifted me the moment.

When people around me are in prayers, I shifted my focus from Jesus to my man.....and thanked GOD - "I'm here for this man. Today I'm connected to you for the same reason. Thanks for the blessing you bestowed upon me!" I, then signaled to the choir and asked them to play the special music. Now our favorite music is ON - Music
    Beautiful moment !
    To add more beauty, I took a step close to :kiss you. A second, you turned to :kiss me too.
    Magical second it is!!! :hide:
    'Kiss' ended at the right place at the right moment & the 'Journey' began before the Lord ALMIGHTY!

FREEZE the MOMENT
    I wish God took a picture of it before I wiped it off my cerebrum :)

P.S: This is actually a "Sorry message" I typed to end a small tiff with my DF. All the highlighted words [in red] is the real promise I took for him. Hope the message is conveyed properly. Feedback please..... :coffee

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    1 person likes this.

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very sweet...Simply loved it dear :thumbsup :thumbsup

3. Sarasan

Sarasan Bronze IL'ite

Wow mythy tats a sweet love story!

Mine is a Hinu Marriage , u have narrated the christian mariage in a sweet way, that i cud visualize the scenes.........

Love & Life with the right partner is the Heaven at earth itself

Lets cherish in love ..........

as u said " Oh Lord plz FREEZE certain moments"

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

it is so beautiful. i just love it when both the bride and the groom solemnly take their vows in a language they both understand, in the presence of so many witnesses and understand the full purport of the vows. it really leaves an everlasting impression on both their minds.

5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot ICE :cheers

6. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Well said Saras :thumbsup

I have not witnessed any Christian wedding in my life...Purely imagination with few references :biggrin2:

Thanks for your feedback! :)

7. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Satchi :)

Yes, marriage promise is one thing I love in Christian wedding. I wish I could add some more to it while taking the promise in future ;-)

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Good writeup. Hope u have made up with your DF. When are the weddig bells (or shenai?)

9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Mithy, u have narrated ur love very well......simply superb....:)

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite