1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are Women Liabilities ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

What a Liability!!

Today morning read this statement of the only woman Supreme Court Judge . who has stated in her website, her assets and liabilities .

Assets , well she does not own a car, she has PPF account of 3 lakhs, a few properties worth 5 lakhs or so. Her husband owns a Maruti 800.

In her liabilities column, is something very strange which u all may have read in today’s morning papers, so nothing new I am saying. She states her daughter’s as her liabilities, their education and marriage , that is !!!!!!!

Well when we file ourincome tax returns, we state our assets, and pay less tax we add on extra liabilities, but I sure never put my daughters in my liabilities section.If I could I would put them in my assets column.

A neighbour of mine has 4 sons and no daughters, and I have two daughters as u all know.i used to tease him that he has 4 assets, that is Demand Drafts, which he can cash, and I have two liabilities, and u know what he used to say ? He said kamal u are lucky, yr daughters will get married and go away. Look at me, I have just one shop, how the hell can me and 4 guys fit in here.

And he said I have just two rooms home, right now the 4 sons sleep in one room, after marriage each fellow will need a room to himself, I am very worried he said, how to bring business for them, and the homes.

I said, listen man, in your old age, your sons will put u in a swing, one fellow will rock the swing,one will massage yr head, and yr grandkids will play in yr lap.

To that he replied, what if they get tired of me, and swing the swing so hard that I bang my head against something and die !!!

Well today all his 4 sons are married, two have kids, living very cramped, and he has now given his shjop to two sons, and started the brokering of land, and moneylending , where his other two sons have joined in.

Yesterday I read about Sanghi brothers, of the Sah and Sanghi group, worth some 3000 crores, came to blows and scuffles, over the distribution of the assets left by their grandfather. And a cousin of theirs, is my ticketing agent for years, doing my air tickets.

Lets come to Girls, was Indra Gandhi a liability or an asset to Nehru ? they said that she was the only man in the male cabinet in the seventies and eighties, under whom everyone cringed, icluding Sharad Pawar, Arjun Singh, and Pranab Mukerjee .

Are my two daughters liabilities ? The elder one is married, she was here for a wedding in her inlaws side, and her inlaws and her brother in law and wife were here, all left yesterday, hence I was not to be seen for the last few days here.

Touch wood she is happy. Her FIL gifted me a Gold Label, here MIL who came earlier, gifted me a Black Label, daughter brought lovely shirts for me, chocolates, and so many other things, and took nothing from us, nor did the inlaws. Is she not as asset ?

My younger daughter, is doing her MBA, and she has been picked up by a very reputed Bank, at a pretty decent amount, not imagined by me or her, and inmarch she will be posted in Jaipur as an Relationship Manager. We are so proud and looking forward to seeing her in a full suit, tie, smart and elegant, and dealing with the who’s who’s of town eh.

Now this time I would like to be known as her Dad, rather than theother way around.

And do uknow the power of females ? My blogs are successful bcs of the ladies comments, they come in droves, in spite of the fact that I write raunchy stuff at times, ad the jokes are well for some , avoidable. They constitute more than half the comments that I receive, so for me they are good assets, pure Gold and Titanium.

And look at Indra Nooyi of Pepsi, Indra Gandhi, Kiran Mazumdar, Sudha Murthy, and other ladies, today they aer no less than us men in any which way.

I have very high regards for women, though my blogs may come otherwise, for I make fun of Rakhee Sawants, Pamella Andersons, and their types, I dontknow if they are worthy to be called women !

My grandmother became a widow with 4 kids, when the youngest son was 2 years, and she without remarrying, raised them up to fine human beings, and successful ones too, even though she could not afford to give them even basic school, can u imagine a man with a few kids bringing up kids, without remarrying , and with the same dedication as a mother ?

Hats off to all the women and mothers of this earth, u are assets in my eyes, 24 carat Gold.

Shame of the Madame Judge !

KAMAL MAHTANI

A Boy wrote to Santaclaus

“ Please send me a brother or a sister”

Santa replied – “ You send me yr mother, and I shall do my best !!!

Wife from the kichen to Husband

“ Aji sunte Ho, aajkal main Sundar hote Jati Hoon “

Husband – Tumhe kisne kaha

Wife – Mujhe Dekh ke, rotiyan bhi Jalne lagi hai !!!

A pipe Burst at a Doctor’s House.He called a Plumber.
    After carrying out the repairs he hands the doctor a Bill of $ 800

Doctor – Eight Hundred Dollors ?Are u out of your mind ? I don’t make as much in a whole day !

Plumber – Neither did I, when I was a doctor !!!

Why married men gain weight, and bachelors don’t ?

Bachelors go to Fridge, see nothing interesting and go to Bed.
    Married men go to Bed, see nothing interesting and go to the Fridge !!!

A small child’s prayer this Christmas to Santa

Dear Santa, please send clothes this Christman for all those poor women in Daddy’s laptop !!!

1 person likes this.

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Kamalji thats really surprising that a judge mentioned her daughter as a liabilty:hide:
    Its such a shame on her:rant.Irrespective of gender kids are assets to parents is what i belive.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  3. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Dear kamalji!
    Happy after reading your thread!
    proud of a man thinking or having such wonderful thoughts about women! even if feel ashamed of such person thinking her own daughter as such but what to do some thoughts cannot be changed even after years passing away!
    see in my same case i am brought up in a good well versed situation i am so pet to my father i satisfy him in all ways that he thought of in bringing me up. now i am placed in a reputed company with good salary too but still at times my father long for a son! i have a younger sister and she too studies well and got 90% in tenth but still my father tells you all will get married and leave us but a son won't!
    what can we do in such case are we those who had laid those stupid rules of leaving parents after marriage??:rant:rant
    but still have to bare such words which really hurts many a times:bonk:bonk

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post about womenkind .You made us all proud, Kamalji. ?Is it possible to post the link to this blog to that judge.

By the way, I am curious about whether the judge's father considers her as an asset ora liability.

5. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

//Now this time I would like to be known as her Dad, rather than theother way around.//
    Wow Kamalji :cheers
    Nice post & yes we are your fans:thumbsup

6. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Very happy to read your post..
    The judge being herself a women..states her daughters as a liability..what a shame..
    This thinking itself has made our country backward..
    Once the caste and difference between men and women is abolished..no one can stop our country to bcome the most powerful one..

Why do we differentiate between men and women..Y even thouigh women have reached the moon, still they are considered a step below men in our society..this thinking really irks me..
    Myself being a woman..I dont find even a single reason to be a step below a man.. I am educated, I am earning.. I am doing what a man does..then How can I be less important to the soceity..??
    People who keep saying humko waaris chahiye khandaan ko aage badhane ke liye..really get on my nerves..
    why is a girl not considered as a waaris for a khandaan..just because she gets married and goes to another house..??
    People have to really educated on this topic..
    I would end my post with a popular saying..

A son is a Son till he gets wife..
    A daughter is a Daughter throughout her Life!!

So three cheers for the ladies!!!
    Proud to be a woman..

Cheers
    Sona

7. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Kamal ji,

The lady judge's statement is to show that she is not a tainted one. in modern days how can one say that what I have earned is my hard work. Hence for accounting purpose she has used it as a disclaimer. She has the guts to say this as"liabilities" which is very true. If she wants good education for her children then she has to cough extra. if she has to get them married then she will have to loose all her life savings.
    I admire her guts in telling - there is no harm - in matter of facts she has said that girl children also need some basics like sons and one should not shun their responsibilities .
    I am eldestest among 4 sisters and my father used to say "alli rajiyam" all ladies and he is a minority and cannot have any say.

I appreciate that you have given basics to your daughter and now she is resciprocating without giving any excuses[ to be given to husband].
    Hats off to WOMEN HOOD

thanks in for writing this article.

Roti jal gayee - santa able to spin children - and ladies in computer require dressess from santa - :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh my stomach is aching

HAPPY NEW YEAR

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,
    A wonderful post!!You have presented in a wonderful manner.
    As someone intelligent once said, 'A woman is a woman's worst enemy'. The fact was proved by none other than Supreme Court judge Gyan Sudha Mishra. The judge, the only woman judge in the SC has a unique distinction in her favour. She has listed the marriage of her two daughters in the "liabilities" column.What can be considered a popular sentiment of the middle class for whom the family budget is a tight rope walk, what is surprising is that this sentiment was revealed by India's senior woman judge. With the governments widespread campaigns to put forth that the girl-child is never a burden, this news has come as a eye-opener for the apparent "learned" ones amongst us. The other entries in the judge's liabilities column include "guarantor for education loan of my daughter" and residential house to be built post-retirement. While one would want to believe that 'sthree' (woman) is the real wealth rather than what she brings from her family that is precious. Hope good sense prevails among the educated and well-endowed amongst us and be able to set good examples among the less fortunate, both in terms of sense and wealth.A long feed back sorry kamalji!!!
    with love
    pad

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

I could not resist responding to this post. Heart felt congratulations on how well your daughters have turned out!! It indeed is a joy. I am also fortunate enough to have had parents who always gave their best for us and never made us feel as girls. And I am also grateful for a generation who values thier girl child more and more including myself and who absolutely do not make a difference. No doubt all these women you mentioned have made a huge difference to the society, not to mention the everyday women who continue to do so in thier own spheres and families.

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder that, just that thought that a girl may be a liability is the one that makes such a wonderful beings of us - it is the human spirit not to wash off their hands (mostly atleast) when faced with a challenge and hence they tend to pay more attention and mould their daughters unknowingly into beautiful human biengs as they, as parents are aware that their once so called liability is going to become somebody else's asset. Hence the girls benefit is my personal opinion atleast!!!

Good write up and thanks for making us all feel good to be the women who are daughters, sisters, mothers, SILs ..... you know all the hats we wear!!!

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

What a pity that even when in this day and age we are asking this question?!

The woman's role has changed world over. Yet, there is a stigma attached to being a woman. There are plenty of parents like you and me blessed only with daughters and are quite, no no, more than, happy about it. In India though, I think the feeling that a daughter is a liability will never change I guess so long as there are parents willing to take a dowry from the girls' side and so long as girls and their parents don't mind giving in to that crap for the want of a husband and marriage.

You so easily said that Rakhi Sawant, Pamela Anderson and her like are not even fit to be called women. You are wrong Kamalji! They are real women alright who don't care how they get what they want. As you know, there are all kinds of people to make the world and so also, there are all kinds of women who take their ilk to emancipation! I just have to think the number of people who must be earning their bread and butter because of these bomb shells! Is that not a point to ponder? Mind you, I am not supporting their types, but hey, each to her own!

Loved the doctor-plumber joke. It is something my husband always says whenever he has to pay the plumber...'wish I had his job'!!!

L, Kamla