1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Snippet Awards-2010

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Friends, Snippets has been quite disappointing in 2010 with regard to viewership and fbs. No wonder many of our good writers disappeared. There seems to be a lot of excitement in the blogs section now with the nomination for top ten blogs of the year going on. That gave me the inspiration to conduct our own little cosy awards ceremony in snippets too, which has always been my favourite column. So without much further ado I bring to you the winners of the IL Awards 2010 …

She is fully qualified to run a masthi ki paatshaala and does not even spare Gods/Goddesses from her sharaarath bhari harkathey. And, she walks away with the award for the" Best Debutante of the Year" … our royal highness, Aruna Habibi.

A model "student" of the above school and one who is never at a loss for presenting more masthi bhari ideas to all of us in her impeccable language is our one and only Saby, who is the recipient for the “Most Innovative and Enterprising" ILite award of the year.

Dare I call her omnipresent? For otherwise how does she finds her way into every forum and more importantly into everyone's heart here? She has a penchant for creating records and….ohhhh I see you have all got it! Yes, the “Friendliest Soul” of IL, our dear friend Viji.

She came, she saw, she conquered…not only IL but all our hearts as well with posts that always have us LOL. She is no "hardy" but she makes digs galore at herself which is the mark of a good humorist. I take great pleasure in bestowing Meena Sankaran the title of the “Humour Queen” of IL.

She has too much going on, I think,:hide: for, she sleepwalks, doing all her chores, yet is so good natured that she gives credit for it to the magical world of elves. Our dear Sreeni hence walks away with the "IL who sees, hears and says no evil" award.

She NEVER preaches. Yet, when she hands over Life's important lessons, readers of all age groups flock to her. Such is the power of her narration, our "Master Story Teller" award recipient Mithila Kannan.

Well, let’s not forget the gentlemen! He may be a NRI but he constantly thinks of India and its betterment. Hats off to the "Most Patriotic ILite" - our friendly neighbourhood Spiderman.

He is naughty, his posts are naughtier and his jokes are the naughtiest. Yet we all often catch glimpses of his soft and sensitive side and cannot but confer the title of IL’s “Best Gentleman" award to every lady's favourite, Kamalji.

He writes quite rarely but when he does the post is par excellence. He never cares for readership and views but writes for himself and his loyal fans. I cannot but entitle Balajee the "Cool Dude of IL".

Ohhh how can I not mention these cuties of IL? They make me feel so indulgent with their tales of college, young friends and newly wedded bliss. They add that element of freshness to the otherwise middle aged readership in Snippets. Iswarya, Ambika, Poornima and Raba share the “ILite Freshers” award.

Well friends, that’s it. I really enjoyed myself writing this post so if you like it, thanks.

If you don’t it is time I bestow on myself the Lifetime Achievement Award… an award in my opinion that says "Thank you but DO give us a break now".

Ha! BUT, if you thought Mindi was calling it quits you are sadly mistaken! As graceful as Hema Malini I say “thank you, but believe me, The Best is yet to come.":wink:

DISCLAIMER….As always this post was just to have fun with my "snippet" friends because this is my comfort zone. Too many writers here and obviously I have no space to include all of them.

But here is where you all help me out. I would love this to be an interactive thread so dear friends, shoot out. Do feel free to confer awards and accolades to your favourite people here. After all it is Christmas and New Year… a time of fun and frolic. Be happy and make others happy.

Yet another year is coming to an end and I wish you all a happy healthy and prosperous 2011. God Bless!!!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Well written piece, Mindi.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

I was about to leave for Sapthangam so thought of logging out , so before leaving thought let me see what are the New posts and luckily saw your post. You know I always want to give the first fb and Raji already has given.

Thanks for including my name dear. Getting late, dh is calling so will come back with my post later

Happy New year to you too

4. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

If you don’t it is time I bestow on myself the Lifetime Achievement Award… an award in my opinion that says "Thank you but DO give us a break now". :cheers
    Oh Mindi,
    What a snippet to start my day.....hmm fresher award....why dont you send your phillipino maid as gift :rotfl

Yes viewership & fb is quiet important & yes the best is yet to come from each one of us.:thumbsup

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I am very happy for everyone who got their awards and each one richly deserves the recognition. Congratulations all and I look forward to reading many mor eof your interesting articles.

6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My hearty CONGRATS winners.
    Delighted to pay my bestowed Bows of acknowledgments to those prowess n ardent FANCIERS of IL...
    KEEP rocking and knocking my dear enthusiasts!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

:clap congrats to all who have won these awards ,

may all ur work continue forever with many feathers in your hat

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear friends,

THANK YOU so much for your immediate responses.This only shows how happy ILites are for their friends .:)

But come on….do mention your favourite post on snippets this year or your favourite writer.

This is NOT my award ceremony but a combined effort from all of us here to make the writer feel good so that he/she writes especially for you in the years to come and to ensure that your favourite writer does not disappear due to lack of appreciation. It surely does not mean that the others are going to feel bad or stop writing but it is only about making snippets a happier forum. Hope you get my message :cheers..

9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,very nice post.....

Congrates for all the winners.....:)

everyone write with their own style...As a simple person, I like Mithila mam's posts for her simple but strong narrations...

10. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Winners.
    Still I have not read many of the snippets, as for now i liked Poornimas and Ishwaryas snippets.