1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Twenty Years!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

The number twenty does sound small, when you think about it. But when we say twenty years? Doesn’t it sound too large? How it has just flown by .And yet, they have been the most enjoyable twenty years of my life so far.

the first few years and the little things associated with them that gave us so much pleasure...... seeing you smile in your sleep, your hearty laughter at just colors or movements, the meal times that had you spitting out more than you took in, the first words, first steps, first hugs, the first time you neatly arranged your little shoes next to Appa’s big ones….

We made a BIG fuss and celebration of some days (now I am sure you will roll your eyes at this) …...... the first day you did NOT cry at Cauvery nursery, the day you secured admission at Father Agnels (for us, it was as if you had passed IIT entrance) , the day you got your medal for chess at nine (I really thought at last someone had arrived to challenge Viswanathan Anand) ,all the times you got straight A’s, all those days you came home with medals, the day you got a scholarship for your IB, yesss even the day we knew you were going further away from us ( that was my first thought ) we were happy that you got what you wanted….…

We worried over certain things……your baby jaundice, your pain while wearing braces, at your refusal to continue taekwondo and Bharatnatyam, the first sleepover at your friends place, the first flight you took all alone, the first time you left for hostel I cried buckets….

Then those everyday happenings that are supposed to be mundane but No, it certainly made our life more colorful….....your project works, your enjoyment of chess, basket ball and badminton, your taste in books that matured from Enid Blyton to…. Harry potter (now that was quite an “era”)... . to your current favorite PG Wodehouse, your taste in “music” to now taste in just “BIG noise”, your “mamma, you know what happened today?" to "What mamma, We talk everyday… what new can happen today that I didn’t tell you yesterday?” your growing fascination for Djokovitch,your indecisiveness as to which dress to wear....asking my opinion and then vehemently disagreeing with it, shopping for your prom dress at the end of each year. Believe me, I never thought I will ever say this but yes, I do miss your arguments too.

Twenty years is quite a lot, and yet it passed too soon for my liking. Parenting you was quite easy though some of my friends thought I was being too cool. Yesterday, you were my cute little baby …my little princess. Today, you are almost as tall (ha! Remove those heels and we shall see) as me. I miss that baby, but I am also wonderstruck at the young confidant woman I see.

Twenty years ago today, I was given the most wonderful and beautiful gift. A gift, which has brought out the best in me and taught me patience (??), tolerance and what it is to love someone unconditionally. A gift, that has made me laugh the most and always brought joy in my life. I thank God for this gift. You are undoubtedly the BEST thing to have happened to me.

Happy birthday, Mri. The end of your teens and your first birthday without me .But I pray that you do not miss me as much as I miss you.
    love
    amma

(Dear Friends I went on this sentimental journey last month intending to send it for my daughter's birthday, but somehow I never did …..Sabys post on her mamma and now Meenus post on letting your children know how cherished they are made me share it with you all and maybe I will make a belated card and send it to her too.)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    sindmani likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Mindi

Belated Happy Birthday to Mridula. My wishes to her

This brings birthday message
    with wishes for the very best
    in everything you do
    its also bringing wishes
    especially to say
    may the year ahead bring much success
    and happiness your way

As always you have written very nicely . Children are a great gift. This brought me memories of my children when they were born. Its a pleasure to think of their childhood, now when my daughters are having their own child
    loveviji

3. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

wow dear wonderful lines.....!
    though these belonged to your daughter, i could see myself their
    i could feel my moms feelings in those lines.
    thanx a lot for the wonderful write up.

belated birthday wishes to mirdula

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Mindi, its a most loving wish packed with all of Mother's love for your DD. To be cherished. My belated Birthday wish to Mridula.

5. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Mindi,

Loved every word of your post especially when you said 'Believe me, I never thought I will ever say this but yes, I do miss your arguments too.' Has your DD seen this post yet? Oh how I wish I could see her face when she reads this. She is one lucky girl to have a mom who adores her this much. Wonderful, wonderful post Mindi. :thumbsup

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi!
    A beautiful letter to your daughter! Do send it to her; I am sure she'll cherish it forever. Colic pain, teetching, and wet diapers just transform to video games and teeth-dropping music but when grow up and out of those it is very painful for us! Another emotion that we share! Except mine are sons.

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear mindi,

Happy Bday to "Mridula" and blessings. What a beautiful praise in her honour, and i am sure she will be elated to have u as a mom.

Though my DD is too young, one day even i will be passing through these emotions, when she too, flew from the nest to face the world and turn into a confidant and wonderful human being.

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,

Wonderful letter to a wonderful daughter of yours..
    Pass on our belated birthday wishes to Mridula..

I am also experiencing the same feelings as of now as my eldest one is the dorm....eventhough I need to wait for 2 more years for her to get into the 20s..

sriniketan

9. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

mindi mam very nice letter..your DD is lucky to get a mom like you,my belated wishes to your DD..

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi

My Birthday wishes to dear Mri and hugs to proud mumma. Wonderful and soulful letter from a mom to daughter, reliving the heartfelt moments. lovely.

I was thinking abt blogging abt my journey as a mom as my little Prince charming is turning 10 next month...after seeing Meena's post about cherishing children. I get more inspiration from your post too. Well written, dear.

Love
    V