1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

tell me honey.......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Oct 28, 2010.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

“Tell me honey….”
    In our short stint at being man and wife, my hubby has figured out that these three seemingly innocent words are quite not what they seem. Because most of our arguments start with these words… my hubby ‘smartest’ has picked this up quite soon and refuses to take the bait these days.

Like, yesterday, I realized that its been 2 whole weeks since our last argument….can u imagine that! believe me, two weeks is a long time by our standards. Things were so lovey-dovey that I was even beginning to get a wee bit bored. ;) so I thought I would try baiting him and see if he takes it… (wicked me!!)

So off I go to where he is so intently working on his laptop. ‘tell me honey….’ I begin and immediately he looks up and makes a noise dangerously sounding like a groan-turned-snort-turned-cough. I look at him sharply, but he looked up at me all big-eyed and innocent that I even thought for a second that it might actually have been a cough! So I continue…” where are you taking me for dinner on my birthday? Anyways…that’s besides the point. wht i was saying is, You know, my friend tanvi’s husband took her to ‘the taj’ for dinner on her birthday….and they spent 10,000 rupees just on that dinner for two. And when she told him that it was a waste of money, you know what he said…he said it’s a very special occasion and we can afford that much luxury once a year every year. chooo chweet na??? “ so he says… ‘hmmm.....’ (loosely translated as... I always hated that friend of yours, now even more for feeding you with such nonsense)’.....yes, he has a point there, after all for a husband his wife’s b’day is a very special occasion…and a surprise dinner at the taj was a great idea. But we wont go there as she ll think im stealing ideas from her hubby…but, I’ll come up with something better…!
    Now it was my turn to go ‘hmmm….’ because he hadnt picked up the bait…. Now what??

so I come back and say…’tell me honey….’, And another suspicious sounding cough followed, ‘.....you know Anish naa, he was saying today that both he and his wife were fasting on karva chauth… when I asked why, he said that he agreed to let her fast only on the condition that he would fast as well because he said that was the least he could do for her… he is really very thoughtful and loving…!’ now another ‘hmmm…’( loosely translated as.... I had thought if i actually liked any of your friends, it was this anish guy cos he seemed quite ok, but now I ve changed my mind, he is a pain in the neck as well) ‘ yeah…that was really thoughtful of him…I would say that they should change the rules and make all the husbands fast as well for their wives. because when you do it as a couple, your intimacy grows…’

poor me…I was back to square one. Here I was sharpening my swords and tongue to start a fight at the subtlest negative comment from him about my friends or my views and here he was giving oh-so-perfect answers!!!

One last attempt, I thought. So off I go again… ‘tell me honey…would you mind if I went to the local pub and disco with the co-MD’s of my department this weekend. We had a very hectic month and so planned to chill out this Saturday night at the disco.‘ here I expected some reaction, because our MDs included 2 girls and 6 guys. Now he goes a longer "hmmmmmmm..." (and I thought….there you are! He will say no,you cant go drinking with random guys and I ll have the perfect start to an argument about his chauvinism and blah blah....) , “....yeah, I was thinking too that you have been working too hard and that you need a break… disco is a great idea… maybe I can come along with you guys too…you know,just for company sakes…” he did it again!!! The perfect answer again!!! Grrr…

So, admitting defeat, i went off in search of worse and more boring things to do…like studying for a particularly horrible seminar session that I had the next day.

But…the thing is,,,, how did he learn so fast!???

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    5 people like this.

2. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

ha ha... poorni, very nicely written. but you are really wicked to do all this you know. poor guy.
    seriously how did he learn so fast. my husband also uses these kind of baits. i will learn from your husband's smart replies and use it next time.

3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

LOL! Poor guy your husband...But very smart...And you have narrated it so well!! Had a good laugh...Thanks for sharing :)

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

But…the thing is,,,, how did he learn so fast!???
    :rotflMaybe he is here on IL's and getting all the great advices given out:idea
    On a serious note, you really write very well. keep it up.:thumbsup

6. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aminroop,
    [JUSTIFY]
    I really liked your every attemp by starting with tell me Honey:rotfl
    Nice you have made me to imagine how I started a conversation with my DH after the curfew is over
    [/JUSTIFY]:hide:

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thank you.

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thank you.

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hahahaha Ami that was a real good attempt for fighting with your dear hubby.
    But poor you, your wish was not granted that day you should have tried the next day again na....hehehehe
    You know sometimes I make so many such attempts but all washes off in river Nile ..haha he will have much smarter answer for everything and keeps smiling:bonk

10. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Really your DH is smart enough to handle such conditions. Ha ha ha:rotfl

Thank God, Mine has not yet started learning so fast in the 4 months , that I am able to manage to iniate the arguments and develop little fights, when I feel bored

Very good write up dear
    :cheers