1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yes, I am a Mamma's girl !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

The first image of my mum I remember is when I was 3 years old , holding her hand and walking in my squeaky shoes, I fell down and someone lifted me.I have a blurred memory of my purple frock and someone's lovely dark tresses flowing on it.

My mum never asked me what homework was I scribbling in the eleventh hour before I had to leave for school, instead spoon fed me my breakfast.
    My mum never knew what exams were happening in school, instead choose to keep the light on till wee hours when I used to study late nights having played the whole day.
    My mum never knew the subjects I was reading nor understood the course I was taking but she greatly empathized with me when I cribbed that Mechanics, ATD, Thermodynamics are my bitter enemies these days.

I was one reckless daughter and she was one patient mom.:crazy

I loved adventure and she was homely.I was offered to travel in Middle East. I didn't tell her till the last minute and called her up and told , "Mum I might be travelling to Middle East but shall be back really soon".She asked me where, and when I responded, I could almost hear her scream and thought she had fainted on the other side.

I was one daughter giving her hair-raising surprises and she was one mother who feigned tranquility after the initial shock.:bowdown

When I took her to Egypt few years back , she wondered why spend so much to stare at some rock monuments.
    When I took at her to a plush restaurant for dinner she chided me that she could have fed an army with the money we were paying for this meager meal.
    When I wanted to buy her some jewellery, she was aghast at the sky-rocketed price of gold.

Phew, she is one difficult mother to adapt and I was one persistent daughter to appease.:thumbsdown

Even today when I call her she reminds me of festivals in the hope that I might perform pooja at my place someday.
    Even now when I meet her she teaches me how to cook richly in the hope that I slather some oil in the food.( She thinks I am always dieting ).
    Even now when I visit India she shows me loads of my old clothes and shoes in the hope that I don't shop this season and take some with me.

Gosh , she is one relentless mother and I am one resistant daughter.Harhar

When I told mum that I wanted to leave my job during the peak of recession , she just said prepare well for the interviews.
    When I told mum that I was going to Swiss for Christmas , she just said make sure that you do not catch cold.
    When I told mum that I was going to Kenya to visit my friends, she just said don't scare those animals away with your antics.

She is one unquestioning mom and I am one vivacious daughter.:2thumbsup:

Few years back, when I told my mum that I wanted to marry someone she just said the wedding would be planned in traditional style, not your dream of crazy civil ceremony.

She is a religious and ethereal woman ; I was born with a skeptical mind which the CSI team would love to enrol.
    She is lovely, fair, the most beautiful damsel I have ever seen ; I have curly hair with wheatish complexion.
    She has a temper(at times) which can cringe Mt Vesuvius; I have the patience(now) which can compete with the Pacific.

Over the years there were times when she wanted to say so much, urging me to take care which I read in her eyes; she was so worried of the distance between us wondering if I can hear her, but I was always standing just beside her; she was so nervous if I could fight my own battles not realizing that she was my greatest strength.:thumbsup

What she does not know is that

I still have the ONLY letter she wrote to me with a set of instructions on dos and do nots when I left my home city for the first time , as precious as the ten commandments.

What she will never believe is that

She comes before anything else to me in this whole world .Yes, I am proud to be a Momma's girl.:crazy

I LOVE YOU MUM !

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Awwww Saby!

That was one heart melting post if I ever read one. :thumbsup

I could empathize with every sentence that you have penned and I could read more than you have expressed in this expressive post!

I have been both that daughter and the mother too! :)

Having not one but two daughters with a mind of their own, I can really understand all the angst your mother may be feeling although she may be the perfect picture of cool and contained mom.

At the same time, I can also relate to your streak of independance and the love and trust you have for your mother and your utter adoration of her's.

Simply enjoyed reading this one. Your mother should be one happy woman.

L, Kamla

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear sabitha,

i can relate with most of thing you wrote in your post. Even i once took her to the restaurant, and she said same thing, for this much price, she can cook for 10 people. :)

Even my mom is homely, when she came for my DS delivery in Sgpr, i wanted her to show the city before my delivery, she was not interested, saying whats there to see :bowdown. Still i manage to make her come with me and showed few places and bird park.

being here i miss her a lot, now more since, she is diabetic and it is getting complicated for her more.

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Sometimes after posting I feel that there so much still to write, have I expressed myself clearly , have I transformed my emotions into words or not.

The moment I see you and your feedback , I feel relieved that the gist of the post that you have summarized in just one sentence is all I wanted to say

:clap:clap:clap:clap

If ever I were to compete in Dumb charades then I would beg you to be my partner as you
    seem to read thoughts telepathically or else how would you have commented so wonderfully on what I wanted to express.:crazy

Thanks a lot for coming here and now this is going to be even more memorable post as yours is the first feedback :thumbsup.( can't recall ever happening in any of my other threads )

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Radhika,

I am glad that you could relate to what I have written.All mothers are made of the same mold so I know how much your mother would have resisted, you showing the city around.:crazy

I wish your mother recovers soon.This bond is mutual.When a mother does not show her apprehension lest her daughter grows weak thereby acting strong before her, a daughter also does not show her consternation fearing her mother's health and assures that she would bounce back.

Thanks a lot for coming here and giving your feedback.

Don't worry I am sure everything is going to be alright.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

True Saby, I am never that prompt, but that is not out of design and I think you will understand.

All the same, you have given too much weight to my response! I am flattered. With or without my feedback, I am more than sure you will ellicit great response from IL'ites every time you write. The credit is totally your's.

Love you,
    Kamla

7. laasyaa

laasyaa Junior IL'ite

hey sabhi, glad that i read ur post. felt rejuvenated and went to my past. u made my day. when i read ur post, felt like i'm hugging my mom. i'm far away from her, but felt that warmth and smell as fresh as a rose. thank u so much for sharing such a wonderful feel with us.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saby,

Such a touching post !! I am moved really.

I guess almost anyone can relate to what you write.

The line that I loved the most of this
    So true. Though my mom is physically no more in this world, I always feel that its from her (and dad) that I have got all the strength that I need.

9. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OH my dear Sabby
    Touched with your variety annotates.
    Being a mom, I feel motherhood is the only phase having HUMANIZING effect.Everything gets reduced to essentials.
    Isn't it my dear?????

Each time when I hear the call from my son"Mom" feel my blood freeze within.Such a heavenly feel my dear.
    And...
    At times I realize(when my DS makes me vex) how my Mom would have worried and cared in such concerns.
    Direct transformation from the Moms to become a Mom.All genetic evolution theories have to sink back to understand this Mom daughter kin-ship.[​IMG]

Am little unlucky to stick to my Mom's side.
    BUT
    My Son is majorly LUCKY to have me as his Sweet mom..
    May be in one day he may come out like this coding..:I'm a Mamma Boy"
    [​IMG]
    Now am in a session to owe that caption always.
    In both way am HAPPY.:)

"No painter's brush, nor poet's pen
    In justice to her fame
    Has ever reached half high enough
    To write a mother's name".

Sabby.
    Each of your missive is characterized with expression of LOVE towards your Mom.[​IMG]Enjoyed your gratifying pleasures.:thumbsup

10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha,very touching post.U described about your mother with so much of emotions.lucky mom and lucky daughter....