1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Crtl + Z

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ambika04, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    I was about to board a bus. Lean girl stepped out. She was my friend & we both worked together few years back. Im one person she doesn’t want to see in her lifetime & she is one person whom I can never forget. Her stare violated me. Sometimes our eyes convey the message when our heart doesn’t want to.

We both worked together in the same dept.We had hell lot of fun being together. Instantly we burst into laughter. She fell in love with one of our colleague. It was really amazing to watch a girl falling in love. Wearing his favorite color dress, trickly seeing when he doesn’t see, giggling in silence, limited shyness, humming love songs, reading & touching his name in the notice board. I never felt love other than films. I keep watching her in amusement & with smiles. Her love strengthened when he reciprocated. I was never able to visualize the world which she was into. She was so joyful. Both of them were cheerful & energetic. Love had given them some strength.

I thought their love will succeed but fate had it otherwise. Both their parents objected. Days went by in pacifying them. Both became restless, agony & anguish filled them. Her lips forgot to smile & laugh & it wouldn’t even greet. I would watch her puffed eyes. I thought it was because of constant crying. Cheerfulness died a slow death. Both their parents dint bend down for their wish. They were so stubborn. Was it because they felt they had the right to take decision or they couldn’t digest when their children took decisions first or because society doesn’t allow it to? Or was it because they are judged by their children actions? What is pressurizing them so much? When they turn blind to their children cries & pain. I never knew love can be so painful. Yes it’s true when one cannot forget the memories, not able to erase it its too painful. Even if we lose a pendant or anything we loved our heart doesn’t rest until we find it but losing a person whom she dreamt that she would live for the rest of the life & wanted to walk away from it is so painful.

They both called off their relationship for the sake of their parents. I was very upset that day. Its was like watching a sapling nurture but when suddenly a rain destroys it. How bad we will feel. It was like that. Love that grew before me, ended before me. I was in a way proud they dint end neither their life nor married without their parents consent. When she gave up its was time for her parents to seek another proposal for marriage. One misery ended in another misery. I stayed helpless. Her torment continued & she gave way for engagement pleasing her parents.

Her lover called me up to meet. He gave the lovely things they shared when in love. Small greeting cards, key chains, letters, gift everything he cherished. It takes a very special heart to return the things so as to ensure she married in peace. I was worried why her parents blindly rejected him when he had such a good thought or to be precise such a good heart. He said he resigned from our office & is leaving that day. I could feel how painful it was. I handed over her gifts to her. I can never forget the cries she cried for one last time seeing that. Our heart is as small as our fist but what is causing it to pain so much? Maybe when you lost something willfully it pains even more. That was one day exactly before her marriage. She suddenly took a box put all her things of his & her in it sealed it & gave to me. She said I should retain it & told one last thing which I can never forget. She hugged me when I tried to wipe her tears & said I wish I never wanted to see you again. I was too shocked to hear that. She continued she had found memory when she sees me & it relates to her love. That was a very hard promise to make & totally unfair for her to conclude my friendship in that way. But friendship is not about being friends it’s about understanding each other too. I have come across many failures; few betrayals but I considered this as holy. A price to be paid for being a mute witness & for being helpless. I thought she was emotionally shattered & it would take sometime for her to recover from it. To say it in a filmy way a girl understands another girl’s heart better. I personally knew what was she going through & I wanted her madness to win by allowing her to avoid me so as to avoid her past life, memories that surrounded her. I was at least happy she was frank rather than avoiding me. I took the box in my hand & moved. she hugged me again. I wished luck & goodness & stepped out. I haven’t seen her then neither did I make any attempt nor she. I don’t know if she made any attempts & whether I changed my no or address.

When life isn’t fair to us I wish we had Crtl+z to whatever we wanted. May be my friend would have lived more happily than now if she had Crtl+z .I don’t know why god hasn’t enabled this function in us. It is because life is once & time & tide wait for none? Or he thought we would eventually forget him if we had the power to correct or get back what we wished? Certain times we wish to get back, certain things we want to forget & move on but couldn’t. God doesn’t create any shortcut keys may be he did it intentionally to count every action of ours & wanna see how we are dealing with it…
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

what a lovely post my dear, touching an d sad.

What kind of arrangement is this, not seeing the friend, for it wouild bring memories of the old.Strange arrangment to say the least.

but glad u took it sportingly, andi acn understand how u must have felt then and now when u saw her.

WEll we have the power to move on.so many such incidents have happened inmy life, where i am very hurt, for the first few days i am angry and disturbed, then i calm myself down and delete the personfrom my memopryu for ever.WE have to learn this , otherwise life is hell.

superb.

Regards

kamal

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ambika...
    All can say is that you are a wonderful person and an even better friend.. for understanding her pain and agreeing to her terms..
    God Bless
    K

4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Hey Ambi,

Seeing the title , I entered to know what you want to "undo".

I felt very emotional, reading it. I can understand how much it pains to part.

Thank God. we both are gifted with wonderful parents for they never objected us in any way. (though there were some differences between them but I guess that happens in purely arranged marriage too).

5. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

Hey Ambika ,

I could not stop holding my heart when I was reading your snippet of life ..
    One moment of look and thousands of emotions emerging from it ...
    A look and everything went blue...
    Hope .. atleast there was a way to CTRL Z that look / contact of eye.... That would have atleast kept buried , buried .......

-inc

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  6. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

"You don't know how strong you are, until being strong is the only option you have".As the quote says I was left with only one option.Thats why I say I wanted her madness to win by avoiding me.Yes Im a human even I have felt same as you at times feelin sad,angry but I just wanted to know whether she is fine now but her silence is posing too many questions....if she knows to takecare then im fine with it.Thanks for your feedback.

Kelly,Raba,Inc I will get back sorry as of now im runnning to grab the festive mood.

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika
    “Sometimes our eyes convey the message when our heart doesn’t want to.” That’s a very intriguing sentence and a very profound one too. We have been told that face is the index of the mind. That is to say that whatever is running in our mind is revealed by our face unless we are trained to remain passive under all circumstances. Eyes play a major role in facial expressions. I remember how people used to describe Jimmy Carter’s famous smiles as shallow because they never reached his eyes. So whatever is the expression of our face, if the eyes do not support it, it will be just a fake and shallow. But you are talking here of eyes acting independent of the heart. It amounts to saying that eyes can betray the emotions which the heart wants to conceal. But according to me, the heart does not require the eyes to convey its contents. The feelings of the heart have their own way to reach out to people.

The beginning stages of love have been beautifully etched by you. I felt very sad about the subsequent developments. It is a pity that the parents play the villain in many love affairs. The latest development of ‘honour killing’ is atrociously wicked. Our society has to remain moot spectator to such happenings. The worst part is that the parents think that they are only helping their children with their actions. The obliging children give up their love to please their parents and live an entire life of frustration. “Its was like watching a sapling nurture but when suddenly a rain destroys it.” It is a great statement. Parents are like rain who should nurture their children but occasionally they become acid rain as in this case.

Your friend’s request was a stunning turn! I can understand her anguished logic in making this request but she can only avoid you and not the thoughts of her past life. They are sure to come back again and again and she must learn to rise above them and go through with her life. God has not provided us the crtl+z key only to help us become strong and determined despite all the bad patches we may go through in life.

A wonderful piece of writing Ambika. I just loved it.
    Sri

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ambika,

Very sorry to learn about your friend's sweet love, turned sour. But I met, you, your friend, and her then lover, three good souls, understanding each other's feelings and also of others.

I don't have the answers to your questions, because sometimes I too have that doubt.
    As they say these incidents make you stronger, but not for all..

sriniketan

9. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Loved your way of writing.

10. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Thanks for your reply.To be honest I dont know Kelly whether Im a wonderful person I just followed a path where there was some light.But I did that willingly.I did understand her pain.I was left with no time to reconcile her...so I wanted to agree to her terms.
    [/JUSTIFY]