1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone is invited to be part of the GALA Celebrations taking place in Industown !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

The alarm chimes at 7:00 in the morning ! Saby wakes up groggily but springs into action driving through Europe forum crossing Latest Blogs, Contest Announcements, Entertainment & Hobbies and comes to a screeching halt at 'Snippets'.She mutters, 'Thank the heavenly Jay and Malathy for providing us lease to this palatial hall for celebrating Queenie's birthday'.As she comes out, she is accosted by slogging Saras, her co-organiser, who sighs ,"Late again ?.I haven't slept the whole night looking at these arrangements and you head off to gym every now and then.Damn your Abs Aficionados thread.:rant"

Saras, swathed in reams of endless lists, takes control and instructs ,"Okay so we have our Chocolates from Archana and Cakes from cakedecorater.The decorations are being taken care by SindhuRao including the travel arrangements."

"Why is the entrance dull ?". Mindian is in India mastering the art of Rangoli.We are awaiting her arrival so that she can adorn the entrance with Anukarsha's help in choosing the color combinations.

As they enter the garden, K2S hollers 'Hold on :rant, the weeds are being cleared.I need to work further on the garden to make it ready for the D-Day.Stay clear'

They take a detour and run through the courtyard being polished by Srama and decorated with flowers by Prettina from her garden.Saby being a foodie interrupts , 'What about menu for the dinner ?".Saras reads out ,'We have veggie delicacies from Chitvish's forums and Non-Veggie dishes from Malligashivaram's cooking pot."

"Are the veggies Organic?"."Don't worrry they are from Srama's garden ? Haven't you see her garden pics ?", quizzes Saras.

Yashikushi rushes with her bobbins and bundles."We have a problem, Queenie is getting very picky about what colors she wants to wear",she informs with exasperation."What are you waiting for - get more workforce OOPALL,SujathaR on it and don't forget to remind Pink.Rubies about her make-up", Saby responds.

Saby heads to the dance floor.SHRRRRRIIIIEEEK resonates a high-pitched noise from the back.

"Spidey , you need to get assistance from Personal Technology forum , hurry there and get someone to fix the music system.By the way do you have the DJ compilation."

"Relax and Chill , everything is under control.Just keep those feet tapping ! ", he sways into action.

As Saras walks to check on the music system herself she is greeted by Alpa and ShivaChoubey.We have posted all the dance routines needed for the party in Fitness forum so don't worry everything is under control.

"Saras do we have the agenda ?", Saby enquires.

"We have opening speech by Cheeniya and epilogue by Varalotti ,and also we also have votes of thanks from Lalitha Shivguru who is also gonna share details of the next IL MEET."

But who are blessing Queenie on her birthday ?

We have great lineup of the royal elders like Paddy,Padma ,Mithila & Viji.Also we have Raba, Ambika, MsTrue, Soldier, Natpudan, Yams, ILoveTulips,Custard,iswaryadevi taking care of the foreign dignitaries invited.Don't forget to message DrPreethis as we need a doc at hand to make sure Queenie is fit to consume those sweets without scowling at us the next day with a tooth ache.:rant

Just then Saby gets a call from Money Matters Desk , 'Shanvy and Srividya here, we have looked at the expense invoice and we are running within budget.Cheers'.

Saras then glows with excitement "We can have more Entertainment then, what did you arrange "?

"I checked with Meenasankaran and she is ready for an hour of standup comedy", says Saby.

"Okay let us rope in Vasthraa with her unwinding corner also" , orders Saras.

"Also, Nandshyam is trying to seal a deal to get Cleopatra Satran to perform on that day."

But Saras did you place the advert in the paper informing iLites of the celebrations ?

I informed Kamalji who is on the editorial board of 'Daily IL' and he has already placed a full- length front page ad.( he is going to write about this newspaper clipping next year in snippets :crazy).Balajee and OJ da are also working in making the advert as sizzling as possible.

Saras then ruminates wondering what would happen if other members of neighbouring networking sites try to gatecrash seeing the ad."Don't worry I have asked Paulina,meVaidehi and Kelly to train JuJu,Romeo,Dolly & Harley to be the bouncers of the day",Saby tries to impress Saras.:tongue

Saras what about return gifts ? We can't let the guests go empty handed.I will ask Sriniketan & chitrajaaraika to arrange for token of appreciation in the form of board-game gift set from Games and Puzzles corner.

"We are still missing something" , Saras mulls.

Finest Guest !! Let us ask Kamla , Laxmi and SS to judge the Finest Guest and honour with our Queenie's precious collection of jewels.

"So you think we are ready ? So less time and so much to do," ponder Saby and Saras as their voices get dimmed amidst the din of the practising birthday parade organised by incarnation.

As the clock ticks 00:00 on September 9th , get ready to gear for the GREATEST CELEBRATION OF THIS YEAR , Our Queenie Aruna's birthday.

Everyone is invited in be part of this party ! If anyone is willing to contribute to make it GRAND ,we would be delighted to have you on board !

We want as many to participate as you can see that we are running short of resources.

P.S: Though I have been the writer, Saras is the brainchild of this work.Scraping several iterations on how to make this birthday of Aruna's VERY SPECIAL, Saras and I came up with this concept to pay tribute to the Royal Highness.

Aruna, we love you very much and no matter what land you reign over you would always rules our hearts with your masti and warmth !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :party:gift:party

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Re: Everyone is invited to be part of the GALA Celebrations taking place in Industown

Saby,

So finally the stage seem to be set for the grand celebration.

Sincerely I haven't had my brain working harder for any other event
    in my life yet :crazy .
    And no, it wasn't just my idea. It has been a joint effort.
    I hope all the our friends here pitch in with whatever idea they
    come up with that may have been left out.

Bye

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Re: Everyone is invited to be part of the GALA Celebrations taking place in Industown

Dear Saby,

Wow what a wonderful party. You made me laugh Saby. Girl you tought of everyone. I would just love o make you guys dance on my dance routines.

Happy Birthday Aruna. God bless you with all the happiness in this world.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Thanks friend. Will be there if allowed entry!!

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha
    How meticulous you are! You have indeed covered all the aspects of the Birthday Bash of the Century! And Aruna is my Partner too! But I must sound a word of caution. Your listing me as the opening speaker is fraught with risk, a great risk. All my close friends know that I have 'stopping trouble' when I stand before a mike! In this regard, I am second only to the late V.K.Krishna Menon whose record at UN for the longest speech delivered still remains unbroken. It is my humble suggestion that I am swapped with Varalotti. Being a seasoned writer and a wonderfully experienced orator, he is bound to set the right tone for the great party. I can deliver the Epilogue until the birds start chirping. The bonus is that no one will be obliged to stay through the Epilogue and I too am quite used to delivering my lectures to an empty auditorium!

Happy birthday my dear Aruna! And way to go, Saby!
    Sri

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Saras,

I set the alarm on 3 different time pieces and woke up on time today.
    :crazy
    I am at your service early today ..so let us get started ...

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha along with the help of Saraswathi, you had rightly assigned the jobs to the right people.:thumbsup
    Ok..my idea in this regard to wish the Queenie on her birthday..
    let's start wishing in Z - A order (in Alphabetical order)..what say..and howzaat! :hide::biglaugh

Many more Happy returns Aruna...God bless you with all you need! :thumbsup (Oops, I had started with the alphabet M..) um..in my enthu..forgot the order..:rant:biglaugh

sriniketan

8. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

As the clock is ticking towards September 9th, I am joining the maddening crowd at the Snippets to wish you Aruna, a very Happy Birthday. :)

What an extraordinary concept! My hats off to you, Saby and Saras, for making this sizzling celebration at Snippets a worthy competitor of the grand ball hosted by the Bingleys at Netherfield Park.

Reading the post, I got all flustered up the way I usually do before I leave for any party. You don't expect me to walk into this party looking like I do now (like the poster image of the nation's homeless), do you? This short notice doesn't help either Saby. Miracles take time, my friend. While I don't intend to outshine the Queenie at her party, I do hope not to stand out like a stick of carrot in a fruit salad. Now where, in the name of great god ganapathy, is my fairy godmother and where is that darn pumpkin? Good help is hard to get these days, I am telling you. :rant

Btw, can you amend the entertainment list to read '1 hour Sit-down comedy by Meenasankaran'? I read somewhere that misrepresentation is a punishable offense. Seriously, with my busted joints and limbs, you want me to stand up for an hour? :crazy

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Saby and Saras dear,

The glitterati and the traffic to the industown really brought me into the gala celebrations..being away from the centrebuzz, did not know so much was happening...

you have definitely gathered everybody into the fold and organized a wonderful celebration..befitting the queenie

Don't we need all the great mommies to keep watch on the kiddos..maybe call upon aadhusmom,tikka, sindu, vishalini, traveller to the gala with their watchful eyes..

saras, ok the menu is from chitvish recipes but who is cooking?? babyraji, aarthi7??

EQ, many happy returns of the day. may god bless you with everything you deserve..

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saby and Saras
    Thank you for managing all the programs of the celebration so well, good you got Industown for the celebration this seems to be the best place on earth at present. Keep up the great work. Looks like you have made all the managers(Mods) to hop on toes.:)
    Shanti and Srividya just open the gates of my treasure room and spend as much as you wish no limitations, later can refill my treasures collecting more taxes from the people...:hide:..no compromises please...:crazy..hehehehe
    So you made your brains work round the clock??? no wonder we got a master piece from both of you as I know both of you so well you girls will come up with anything, both naughty, witty, smarty....hehehehe
    Saras kutty and Saby darling:kiss:kiss in my whole life I don't think I had such a grand celebartion on my birthday, yes had parties with just a few but here the whole of IL town joining in the celebration, what can be better then this to me, my most loveable and sweety friends taking so much trouble in organising the party this is suppose to be really a hit blockbustors in the whole world.:)
    I am still laughing at this master mind idea of both of you, the imagination, distributing the perfect work to the perfect person :hatsoff to both your brains.
    Thank you sweeties for giving me such a lovely gift on my birthday. love you both.
    Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for joining the celebrations:cheers
    Lets:party