1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby one more time !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ambika04, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    As usual I was struggling to meet my deadline in the kitchen. First half an hour I keep singing, cutting vegetables, reading newspaper & enjoying the day. After that my countdown starts. For every 15 min I see the clock as if it is running fast. I tell to myself this clock is 10 min fast go the bedroom to see the other clock.Im weak in maths but not this weak to minus 10 min & know the right time. Somehow I wanted to console myself there is still time & bedroom clock is always right!

After cooking I pack lunch, grind chutney for tiffin & it has become mandatory for my husband to have lunch with papad /Appalam.One can see his bright smile if papad is packed with lunch. He quickly rechecks his lunch bag to ensure I don’t forget it.

If its not there our quarrel starts. Who is late because of whom? We talk about our glorious last evening & how well we wasted it watching soap operas & my man discussing about FIFA, Ambani’s & of course about time management. We yell at each other as if there are only two of us in the whole planet, forgetting about our inquisitive neighbors & generously give them a topic to chit chat at tea time.

I have to give up to be on time. I forgive him for getting up late, reheating his cup of coffee when he forgets, running around the house to search his cell, traveling underneath sofa & cot to take his yesterdays clothes, search his comb, knock his bathroom door to remind there is no time left. I have become his full time search engine!

After winding up I reopen my kitchen factory just to make PAPAD & to uphold our silence after the battle is over. Alass Papad is ready I see the wall & tell ‘I have prepared papad put it in box after 2 min it’s hot now’. I quickly rush to take bath not to waste anytime.

When I came out I could see the wooden ladder beneath the fan. I told to myself Is there no other time to clean the house? He just wants to retaliate & make me late by not dropping me at off. I just want to show im normal I slowly went near the door & asked Are you coming or can I go by myself? I desperately wanted him as he is the only savior who could reach me on time. He too is no mood to start again. He said feebly wait can’t you see I haven’t packed papad. Ok leave it to me you take your helmet & get down fast I replied. No no you can’t reach the papad. I controlled my anger & asked ok where is it?.

Its on top of ladder. I broke loose Why the hell did you keep it there? He quickly replied You only told its hot so im making it chill fast under the fan! I burst into laughter. Highly irritating papad has made me laugh about it for the first time. Seeing me laughing he took the papad to realize it has become like chapathi!He innocently smiled & asked Baby one more time?!!.I automatically turned deaf..
    [/JUSTIFY]:rotfl

2. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

nice & hilarious one Ambika.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

LOL after reading this I just laughed out and my colleagues were like :spin
    So hilariuos and good narration:)

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaughIts Super!!!

5. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha...enjoyed reading it Ambika. Thanks for posting.

6. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Nice sharing Ambika :)

7. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Thank you deepa,ami,custard,meenasankaran,chaitusri..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hahaha so you have a papad mania at your place ehh Ambika...

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Ambika ,

What a sweet and cute post that makes anyone who reads it chuckle in delight.

Great narrative and I really liked how your wrath dissolved in the innocence and inventiveness ( papad underneath fan ? ) of your DH.

I enjoyed reading it to the core and you should keep writing ,not just one more time but keep the flow coming in :thumbsup

P.:S I have nominated this post as 'Finest Narration' of the month

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Ambika posting about ambika appalam? Ok, PJ! (poor joke!)