Are my posts missing? Why I am seeing only upto 500 posts in my profile?

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

When you go to your profile page some of you might see that you have more than 500 posts showing as your total post. But when you click on 'find all posts' or 'find all threads' link, you will see only a preview of your latest 500 posts.

Don't panic!! Your posts are not missing or they are not deleted. They are all here intact.

The 'find all posts' or 'find all threds' links does a search on the database for your username and brings only latest 500 posts. If we try to fetch more or all our posts for each member query, the search will be a very intensive task on the system making the site really slow. So we have set the search to bring only your latest 500 posts.

So we know your next question will be how do I find my earlier posts? Just use "Search" menu (Google custom search to be more effective) and search for your specific posts by any keyword or title that you remember. You are sure to find them.

Believe us, your posts are all intact. We know they are valuable contributions and we generally do not delete members posts, that too without informing.

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hello Induslady,

Looks like you have answered the question I posted in "Ask Induslady" here.

I do understand that it is impossible to store all the posts and make the site slow.

Suppose we dont remember the key words, but just wanted to go back to check for replies...how we do that?

Thanks
    Krithika

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Krithika,

Guess we haven't got our point across to you.

All your posts are stored in the site. They are not removed from the site.

Only when you try finding them through the find posts / threads links in your profile page, the system does an automatic query to bring only the latest 500 posts and not the older ones. To keep the search query return result faster than taking all the time and resources making the site slower.

If you want to look for your older posts, you need to search by keywords that you remember to have used in the posts based on the topic.

Other ways to keep track of your posts and the replies received for them are:

1. Subscribe to your threads for email notifications - instant or daily or weekly notifications (Refer this FAQ for subscribing to threads)
    2. Having received recent replies, the posts will automatically show up in Today's posts or New posts when you browse through those menus everytime you login.

Hope this clarifies.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear IndusLady,

Today I have posted about 5 replies and fbs but the number of posts against my name still shows the same number, viz. 378. These are not fbs to my own threads (I think these are not counted) and I have not counted the 3 posts in the games thread. Can you check and tell me why this has happened?

Thanks,
    Padma

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Padma,

The user's post count is updated every hour and only after the updation will the user be able to see the increment in their post count. This updation is done every hour ( as against immediately done previously) to optimize the server performance.
    Be assured that all your posts and threads are intact.
    Hope this clarifies.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008