Shop for dresses in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by ksridevi81, Mar 15, 2007.

1. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Guys...

I am going to hyd on one month vacation. Basically i am from hyd but we are in sweden since an year. Can anyone tell me any new good shopping malls, Restaurants(good ones) near to secbad,and the trend in sarees and dresses...

I wanna shop casuals(Pants,T's, Shirts),Chudi, Sarees...

Thanks in advance...
    devi...

2. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

Re: Vacation in Hyd

hi sridevi,
    if u want something close to sec'bad u have to go to the james street area. u can go into the general bazar lane and there are plenty of shops there. NEar patny circle there are a couple of new malls - CMR ( its expensive), Kalaniketan or Kalamandir i think not sure of the name its just opposite to the sec'bad head post office. if u take the trouble of going to hyd u can shop at sultan bazar the best place, there is a big difference is prices. it also depends on how well u can bargain.
    for western clothes checkout shopper's stop, or some of the new malls that have come up in the begampet area. they look good but a little pricy. i just remember the place that its begumpet but forgot the names of the shops that i went to during my india trip.
    anyway, hope u have a nice time in india.
    regards
    shardu

3. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

hi sridevi
    its shardu again, i think colour plus is the name of the shop its on the same building as the lifystyle i think just check out the area. its good for western clothes.
    as soon as u land at sec'bad u can purchase the magazine called "WOW Hyderabad". they have everything there relating to where u can shop, entertainment, sightseeing, whats the latest things happening and info about sale and things like that.
    o.k bye
    shardu

4. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Shardu!!

Thankyou so much for the guidance and the suggestions... got the gud info frm you...

Do you have any idea of present trend and fashion for sarees...

5. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

hi sridevi,
    i went to india in oct 2006. then the trend was more towards sarees with work, chamki of different colour were sewed on to the saree, or some times its colour beads or stones. they just took any printed saree and some embroidery and chamki work was done on it and sold at exorbitant prices. if u are interested u can buy some plain sarees and get the work done on it. i heard that some were in hyd they do it but not sure of any exact location.
    october and november is really good time to go. cause u get a lot of diwali discounts and sales. which month are u going in? hope this info is of use to u.
    regards
    shardu

6. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Sridevi,
    You might want to check out:

Brisah (Punjagutta)
    Mebaaz (Next to Life Style, punjagutta)
    Second Skin (Banjara hills)

All of them have the latest sarees. As mentioned by Shardu sarees with work on them are latest fashion as of january (last time i visited). The type of work differs (and cost also).

Charminar is the place to go if you are looking to buy sarees and then have custom work done on them.

Moongalal's (charminar)
    Chavi's (small store on the bottom floor next to moongala's entrance)

Have fun shopping

Pushpa

7. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

For restaurants:

Ouri's (spelling??)
    Chutneys
    All the eateries on waterfront area
    Hyderabad House (known for take outs don't know how their sit downs are.)

8. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Shardu and Pushpa!!!

Thankyou for the information... We are leaving on April 6th. I will buy one or two plain sarees and i will give it for work. My mom can do work on it. Even one of my aunt is expert in this. I can give it to them.

Thankyou
    Regards
    devi

9. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

hi pushpa and sridevi,
    thats was useful info pushpa. thanks. i love to eat. next time i got o india i'll try ouri's. sridevi i did try at chutney's its really great i love the place. the ambiance is good. he plays all old telugu hit songs in the back ground. i tried their steamed dosa and i fell in love with it. but that was in 2005 visit to india. the quantity they serve was also lot. we could not finish it so we asked if they would let us pack and take home the rest but they refused. thats when i realised i am in india.
    and brisah in punjagutta has really good eyecatching collection of clothes. i agree. but i could not recollect the name i just remeber that there was this shop with nice sarees.
    its been 5yrs since i moved to jamaica, so am starting to forget some of the places. and the twin cities have changed so much in these 5yrs. it almost surprises me.
    am so happy to get in touch with all of u here on this forum, i almost feel like am at home. i miss sec'bad a lot. its nice to talking to u all
    bye
    shardu

10. kriya

kriya New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am also planning to visit Hyderabad this summer. This is my first trip after 7 years in Toronto. I'll be attending the marriage of my SIL.

My MIL want us to buy a white gold CZ set as the wedding gift. Any idea how much it will cost. Is white gold expensive than the yellow gold? If so what will be the price of the white gold.

Any idea where to shop for the latest jewellery designs?

Thanking you in advance for the info.

Cheers,
    Kriya