Buying plain sarees and getting embroidery done in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by lalitha77, Dec 19, 2006.

1. lalitha77

lalitha77 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    I would be visiting India in Jan/Feb . I want to buy some plain sarees and a get embroidery done. Does any one know where i get work on sarees done . Where can i buy plain saress for the same purpose.

2. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

Re: Shoppping in Hyderabad

hi lalitha
    i think im already late but my info might help u

i doesnt belong to hyd but i shop in koti near post office.there u find lot of shops where u can get litlle bit cheap but the area is litlle bit traffic road but u can by paying some patience.

have a nice shopping.

bye.

3. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I know iam late.But if not for this time,it might help u some other time .I know one woman called by name "Mrs.sirisha" who does excellent works on sarees,dupattas,dresses,pattulangas for kids,gaagras for all ages.Marvellous collection of designer works and printing and dyeing etc she does.She also sell worked sarees,dress materials,boutique prints,etc.Since 2003 everybody in my family are shopping at her boutique.The name of the boutique is "SAKHI".For my wedding most of my fancy sarees and dresses,i took from her.She stays in Vivkenandanagar,Kukatpally,hyderabad.I think she stays in jyothi appartments which is in vivekanandanagar.If anyone wants details ,i can findout from my parents in india and let u know.

One more shop by name "SHANTHI" in badi chowdi,sultan bazar,koti, in hyderabad.There also u get good collection of dresses and good stitching too.

There is one more shop by name "TARUNI" in secunderabad,near CHERMAS,Secunderabad.There are numerous varieties there too near general bazaar.

And also u can find good varieties in some routine shops like KALANIKETAN,CHANDANA BROTHERS,BOMMANA etc.BUT PLEASE DON'T VISIT KALAMANDIR..IT'S NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR DRESSES.WASTE OF TIME.

Cheers,
    -Vaishu

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  4. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lalitha

I think I am not too late to give reply. As vaishnavilakshmi said Ms. Sirisha has a good collection of sarees and variety of works and she is staying in Anusha apartments in Vivekanandanagar colony. If you want her phone No. I can give you. I am residing in the same colony near to her apartment. Most of the NRIs are regular customers to her. She will done everything for you from selling plain sarees to stitching blouses. Though a bit costly they are worthwhile. if you want at cheaper rates you can go to Charminar, but it is a bit headache with people there. They won't give in time and we have to go around after them.

In Ameerpet area also there are so many people who would do works on sarees. They sell plain sarees also.

Kalaniketan and kalanjali also have variety of work sarees. In general bazaar, Jagadamba sarees also has good collection.

Regards
    Varudhini

5. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varudhini,

Iam so happy that i could find a friend from my homeplace(My parents place,vivekanandanagar colony).Yeah,good to know that u too know sirisha Aunty.I do my shopping from her place.And u mentioned about people in Ameerpet who does works.Could u please mention the addresses so that we can try that place next time when i visit.Probably i will visit india this year for my brother-in-law's wedding who's marriage proposals are going on now.I want to buy some good worked sarees for myself for the wedding.

Awaiting for your reply,
    -Cheers,
    -Vaishu

6. hariniuma

hariniuma New IL'ite

hi , can you please give me the phone details of this designer, as i can go to her boutique when i go to hyderabad this year.. thanks a ton....
    Harini

7. tanuja

tanuja New IL'ite

Hi Varudhini,

Can you please give me Mrs Sirisha's number?

Tanuja

8. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tanuja

Sirisha's phone no is 23068208; 55908208

Varudhini

9. tanuja

tanuja New IL'ite

Thank you very much Varudhini!

Tanuja

10. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi IL

Hearty Welcome to India

U wil get plain sarees in Badichowdi (end of Police Station lane) and the embroidary material also available there. U wil find lot of designs too. They only wil show u patterns and wil stitch for u as per yr taste. OK

M S Lakshmitsk