Jewellery Shops in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by kriya, Mar 31, 2007.

1. kriya

kriya New IL'ite

Jewellery stores in Hyderabad

Hi Ladies,

I wanna shop for some jewellery for my SIL. What are the good jewellery stores in Hyderabad.

Thanks,
    Kriya

2. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

Re: Jewellery stores in Hyderabad

I recently went to India and bought some gold from hyderabad. I had seen some stores across the Raj bhavan road, but i like NEELAKANTA jewellers among all. If we ask them to show "nalla poosa chains/ bangles/ someother" they will show us so many varieties of them so we will have choice to choose. the other stores only showed us 2-3 boxes of varieties and thats it.

3. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I think i can add some more jewellery stores wihch i normally shop from when i visit india.Chaganlal jewellers,very next to Chermas,Abids,Hyderabad.There are many chaganlal jewellers shops in abids area,but adjacent to chermas is the best one.They carry lots of varieties of jewelleries .But only disadvantage here is it is bit crowdy,we always have to wait outside for our turn to be invited inside.

The other jewellery shops which i like in hyderabad is Taruni jewellers,Kukatpally housing Board main road,near tanishq.One more shop called Ganga jewellers in the same area.

Hope this helps u all,
    -Cheers,
    -Vaishu

4. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

hi,

I forgot to add Tanishq in my post.Though initial investment is more when compared to other jewellery shops,that is the best place to invest in as the gold there is pure gold.Kindly take ur jewellery and get it tested in tanishq,u can compare the purity of ur gold items there.I felt so bad about some of my old gold jewellery which is not as good as the other jewellery which i got in my native place.And also whenever we want to exchange our gold item,we would get full price of the item depending on the weight of the gold at the time of exchange or selling as on date.

Hope this helps u,
    Vaishu

5. shilpa1122

shilpa1122 New IL'ite

Hi Kriya,

I and my family have been shopping gold in Chaganlal jewellers in Abids since past 10yrs. We never had any complaint regarding the purity.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  6. kriya

kriya New IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks lot for all your guidance. Is it better to buy the rubies/emerald beads in north america or in hyderabad. I noticed almost all stores in hyderabad are selling the beads now.

Regards,
    Kriya

7. skanum

skanum New IL'ite

Hello,

I am from Hyderabad --but residing in USA-i do go to india ,most of my jewellery I buy from -- Sri Krishna --abids ,since many yrs--his gold and diamonds are good.For rubies and emarald sapphires-pearls --Mangatrai in basheerbagh is good, Try Sri jewellers in Basheerbagh also These are cheaper in India than Usa, Try these shops .Good luck

1 person likes this.
  8. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Can you suggest the names of the Jewellery Shops in Hyderabad, which you visit. Please do share your personal experiences with the shops you visit and your preferences. For example: one may prefer to buy diamonds from Kirtilal's and the same person may prefer to buy gold ornaments from a different shop.Thank you

9. swapna1980

swapna1980 Senior IL'ite

Hi sushmavarala,

I usually visit Krishna Jewellers, Khazana & Meena Jewellers. All the three shops have good service and are located near Panjagutta circle. I find Kirtilals to be very costly.
    Krishna Jewellers is good for pearls & other Jems, Meena Jewellers for Gold & Diamonds & Khazana for Gold.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Swapna.

10. cheers_sunray

cheers_sunray Senior IL'ite

Hi sushmavarala,
    I usually visit the jewellary shops at Abids.
    For rubys and other gems, Srinath jewellers s very good.They r famous for Ruby and Emerald sets and also have some certificate in Gems(I dont remember exactly)
    For pure gold ornaments,Tirupathi jewellers r good.They r reasonable in pricing esp the making charges and wastage percentage.Generally many big shops like Khazana, Gold bazar add 12-15% wastage to KDM gold ornaments,But Tirupathi jewellers add only 10% and their designs r also good.
    At Abids, Chagganlal jewellers r very famous and u can see the ornament designs from their website also.The only issue with them s they r not very hospitable.
    U may find some gold shops at Ameerpet also but M familiar only with the shops at Abids.....
    Hope this info s useful to u.....