CAKE SHOPS in and around KrishnaRajaPuram...

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by swaran, Aug 16, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All

I am looking for cake shops around krishnarajapuram for my DD first birthday...I have already enquired cake walk in indira nagar.But would like to know ur views on other cake shops near my place...
    please reply me back at the earliest as i am planning to order on 19th or 20th of this month...

Thanks in Advance

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swarna
    KR Puram is so big if you had provided pointers as to where you live it would have been great. My mothers at Kalkere we usually buy cakes from RamaMurthy Nagar there are 2 good ones they both near auto stands 1 near post office and another one near kalkere amin road you can identify them I know one bakerys name Shwetha I dont remember other one

VJbunny

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for ur fist response dear
    i too stay at kalkere....i actually dont mind goin to any cake shop in and aroud krpuram if the cake shop is really gud at making birthday cakes
    i have seen those cake shops which u are mentioning...but am lookin for very tasty cake shops like cake walk or sweet chariot...
    anyone who has bought cakes from cake shop like these and says its fine?..please respond
    this is my daughter's first birthday and hence i am lookin for the best
    thanks again for ur information vjbunny

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  4. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Hi Swaran,
    You could also contact Daily Bread they have dial-a-cake option.

Malathi

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks malathi

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

My neighbour suggested "Amma's pasteries"
    She said its gud...i will be goin today to look how there cakes are
    Any feedback on this shop??

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swarna,
    It seems you are touring all round for cakes please leave comments on the bakeries you visited (please mention name and location of shop also) and your frank opinions on them it will help all those from KRpuram

Thanks
    VJBunny

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Sure VJBunny
    I was actually looking for wellknown cake shops in and around KRPUram becoz i just wanted to get the best cake(best means wanted the cake to be spongy,to look beautiful,extra juicy wen we bite etc etc) for DD first birthday...and also i wanted it near my place so that it doesn't take much time to get the cake...
    enquired sweet chariot and other gud renowned cake shops...all had high prices,extra cost for bringing cake to shape (30% per kg and Rs 40/kg for eggless) ..and they dont do home delivery...i had to order around 5Kg of cake for 50-60 people...i tot i would not mind the prices and go ahead...
    just one day before i was abt to order,my neighbour asked me to try out Amma 's pasteries...she said the pasteries taste very gud and also they had their branch in Banaswadi which was closer to my house than Indira Nagar
    So yesterday,i went to Amma Pasteries...i had already checked out their website and read reviews abt them...i was convienced and so went to try out...but i made it a point that i would first eat their cakes and then only if i like,i would order
    Went to Amma's pasteries,..there i met a guy who makes cakes...wen i told abt my requirement,he asked me to go for 7 kg cake saying 5kg would not be enough for 50 people..he even showed me the size of 5 kg...so i tot i would go by his suggestion...then i browsed throgh their catelogue again and enquired them the differences in taste between egg and eggless cakes, the price for making the shape cake,etc etc...he further gave me pieces of cakes with different flovours(chochlate eggless cake and vanilla blueberry with egg)...this helped me to understand the flovour better and also it filled my tummy :-D...really it was a little difficult to spot the difference between the egg and eggless cakes..they had made it very well...that guy answered all my questions(it had silly questions too):crazy
    I made an enquiry for 20 min and then got convienced and ordered
    BARBIE CAKE...7 Kg eggless...cost Rs 3150...it included Rs50/kg for making the shape..Rs 40/kg for eggless..made an advance of Rs1000..to mention they also accept Sodexo passes
    I felt it was cheap compared to the big shops...def the taste and the way the finishing comes for shape cakes cannot be compared to the big shots like calk walk,sweet chariot but i felt it was not much lesser...def one can go for Amma's pasteries if u are ordering bulk kgs , dont want to pay much and at the same time want to relish some nice juicy cakes...that guy also made a special mention that they dont keep the cake pieces more than 1 day...if people dont buy,they immediately send them back to their factory..donno how far its true
    I was also assured by that guy that i would get juicy cake and also he would make the cake in a wonderful design wen i mentioned that it was for my daughter's first birthday...he asked me to come and collect the cake 1/2-1 hr before we cut the cake
    Letme wait and see on sunday...
    I ll post the cake pic as soon as i get it from them and also abt the responses i got from my family and guests and wat i personally felt abt the cake
    Guess i had written a big story...
    Hope my review helps u all..

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  9. magna

magna New IL'ite

Heya Swaran,

I can vouch for Cakewalk cakes anytime coz i have grown up for almost 8-9 years eating a whole lot of those back in chennai...thts where they have their original shop (egmore and besant nagar) Here in bangalore they have in both Indranagar CMH road and Koramangala..u can ask the manager there Mr Baiju in indranagar and Mr Murali in Koramangala they will very much help u in your cake selection..their cakes are made from milkcream instead of butter cream so theres no sticky after-taste left in your mouth..but one thing though u have to consume them immediately upon or kept in regrigeration until u r ging to cut it...coz of their fresh cream content. some of my favs are scotch marble, white forest, pure choclate, or for fresh fruit varieties like strawberry fruit or litchie...or go for classics like butterscotch or vannila or blackforest...yummm :) (am already thinking of a visit now:rotfl:bonk)

10. sudharsiniram

sudharsiniram Silver IL'ite

better go for CAKE WALK they will provide door delivery