Outlets accepting Sodexo Gift pass-chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Cindhuja, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My husband was received a sodexo gift pass worth "5k"..We don't want to spend it in clothes nor food..thought of getting something useful..We have a long time plan of getting an oven/OTG...

But unfortunately croma doesn't accepts sodexo gift pass :hide::hide:

Have any of you made use of this gift pass in any of the leading stores??

When i checked the sodexo website the only electronics showroom accepting sodexo is "Viveks"

Can we buy an oven in viveks ?? Is it reliable?? How are the prices..I am satisfied with Morphy Richards OTG 18ltr(smaller is enough)..

Please share your ideas :hiya

2. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Cindhuja,

I have purchased almost all of my household electronic items from Viveks, Bangalore. When I was setting up my home I had 2 choices in Bangalore viveks and Girias.Got every other item from either of the shops.

I got my Morphy Richards OTG from Viveks before 3 years and is running fine till now.

If they accept Sodexo pass, I would recommend you not to hesitate on going to viveks. It has a big chain of showrooms and so their pricing/service is good and up to the market standards.

U can compare prices and bargain with them and get the best price.

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Cindhuja,

A freind of mine interned at Viveks,and told their prices are expensive than the rest,mainly during the sale period.You may want to check the prices. The quality is definately good.

Why OTG? I have a OTG with me,and a small one and find it unsuitable for making cakes. Most of my pans dont fit into it, and I am now getting a convection oven.

Arch

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks shubini..will compare the prices and proceed asap :thumbsup

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Arch was looking for a person like you and shanthi mam to discuss about this..Lucky you dropped in :)

Actually i have no idea about an OTG..since many recommended OTG i opted it...

ennoda target...bake cakes once or twice in a month likewise grill few stuffs during weekend..avalo dhaan..

one more constraint is space..i cannot afford more space in my kitchen to the maximum medium sized microwave madhiri oru equipment irukalaam..sure not bigger than it..then i'll be thrown along with it :hide:

now you tell me how should i proceed??

Regarding prices in viveks..my mom used to tell the same..that there will be hike during festival offer and sold @ normal market price..

my gift pass expires by this year end :bonk:bonk..so not able to decide where to go and what to get..

do you hav any other suggestion...probably for kitchen??

6. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Cindhu,

I wish PM was still around, both of us could have gone shopping together! :)

I have a Glen OTG, a Kenstar MW (without convection),and amma cooks in a 10*10 kitchen. So you can imagine the dabbas. We are planning to get a all in one dabba - MW with convection and stash these two inside, so that we may use/give later. No point in selling, as these guys will take it only for Rs.500 each! Okay, now coming to your question -my needs are similar. I plan to bake 1- 2 cakes a month,make probably a pie/quiche/pizza and grill. Now, for grilling purposes( especially meat), you may need a high end MW with Grill and convection. I am a veggie, so at the max its only paneer and soya- and a normal one will do the trick. The dabba size is pretty much the same Cindhu, possibly only some inches difference. Visit a store and decide. A OTG is good - but a oven is more functional.

About 5K, why dont you get a beater( if you want to bake), possibly a juicer and such things? No clear ideas though!

Arch

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Nandrigal Kodi :bowdown archana...

Eyeing a FoodProcessor too...Just leave your suggestion about it when you find time..

Planned for a long weekend trip..so don't know when i am going to do all these shopping...Not sure if it is till 31st Dec or 31st jan..Wish i'm spared with more number of days

Will update soon about my shopping :thumbsup

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

A FP is a super super choice! Try getting a week extension. Or visit a store, make a order and tell them to deliver it post your trip. Either way it should work fine. Hand Blender? Or may be a water dispenser with the heat/cold facility. I am eyeing one too, costs around 4K - Ideal if you have elders at home who like hot water to drink. Amma is planning one because my bro drinks only cold water, and I drink only hot water - She is going crazy screaming at us to fill bottles!

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

archu,

I would say a cold and hot is a good one, but hot will be too hot. DH worked in a water company and these dispensers were part of their schemes. though we were tempted, we did not go for it, as we have heard complaints about kids hands getting scalded by mistake.

This is what i do. fill bottles for dH. for the kids, the kettle, this way i boil watter when i need.

Cindhu,

i have a 7x10 kitchen, with a length of platform. that is almost 8ft. and on the other side it is full of shelves, the old kuddappah ones. so the walking space is too small..say 3 ft. I have a table top grinder, a 27lts oven, a fourburner prestige stove, a kettle, a rice cooker, and my FP all arranged on teh same 8ft platform.

mine was built when dh was working in india, and the loans were not so great. a very compact 2bhk.

i have a 10x12 kitchen in my other home, but ippodaikku no chance of me going there, as the kids school and all will get disturbed.

I would suggest, a hand blender the base model, as it is very much effective while mashing dal, keerai..and all.

my handblender has taken back seat now with the fp playing a greater role.

one pro to go with viveks, their mobile service. they service microwaves too.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  10. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

Hi archana,
    i plan to buy a samsung convection in viveks new year sale(expecting their announcement). after hearing you i must put my step back and want to look after their brand shops who will give a nice deal ( i suppose).

What about your plan in buying?