Where can I find these items in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Vidya24, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Friends,

I need some info please. I am trying to find out how far the Kalyana MAndapam Shri Vishnu Mahal, is from Mylapore? (Shri Vishnu Mahal, Old no58, Aroct Road, Saligramam,Near AVM STudio, Opp Bharani Hospital)

By Mylapore, I mean the tank area with Rasi, Giri Trading etc?

Also does anyone know how far Shri Vishnu Mahal is from Suswaad- the goodies shop?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble and for raising such questions.

Best regards
    Vidya

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Saligramam is atleast 10 kms from Mylapore.

Dear Vidya,
    Saligramam is atleast 10-12 kms away from Mylapore. After the recent rains, the roads are generally bad & it will take a little longer than usual to reach there.
    Suswaad is nearer Mylapore than Saligramam.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

What is there?

Hi Vidhya or Mrs.chithra,

Could you tell me what is specialabt that shop?

Rgds

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Attn members in Chennai

Dear Ami,
    you can visit Mylapore from Saligramam no problem. Traffic is always there in Chennai. Don,t worry about that. Pl specify you requirements, then we shall direct you to the apt place. Suswaad i a sweet and savoury shop. It is located in T nagar-Pondy Bazaar area. You get good quality of Inddian sweets and snacks there. Mysore pak (not mysore pa which does not digest easily) is a speciality there. You can sample and then buy whatever you want. Also there is a new shop near Vani Mahal (just around 1/2 km radius to Suswaad) where you can get all Indian sweets with out sugar that is calorie free sweets. I heard they are costly. Pl specify what your requirement is.
    varloo

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Sorry varloo..

HI Varloo,

Today only, happened to visit this thread and nice to know abt one more sweet shop. Guess that people from Chennai know more about Krishna sweets or Adayar ananda Bhavan, this is new to me!!! Thanks, anyways.

BTW, am mainly looking for items like small gifts in handicrafts, wallhangings, wooden plus decorative swing(without hook). Altogether, it is difficult; let me know whatever you have in mind. I prefer to visit one particular shop though it is little on the higher side than visiting so many shops becoz of my kids.

And, people those who live in saligramam or virugambakkam, pls suggest me good homeopathy doctors with tel.no and address. Would truly & really appreciate this help.

Rgds.

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Attn members in Chennai

Dear Ami,
    saw your reply. I shall get back to you after confirming. But there are good and costly shops that sell such swings etc. Anyway, I shall get back to you. There are always some exhibition or other going on in Chennai, selling handicrafts. When you visit, you can visit them.
    Varloo

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

No problem..

Sure varloo, can wait until you get back to me..

Thanks n Rgds.

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

homoeopaths in Chennai

Ami,

I got these names from a consultant homoeopath. Dr Gnanasambandam is supposed to be the best.

My SiL goes to a Dr Vrishali (Shah, I think) for her little boys. She keeps her tablets at hand always. Vrishali is supposed to e good for kid ailments. Appointments take long.

Dr. Ranjitha Ganesh,
    #41, East Mada Street, Tiruvanmiyur,
    Chennai - 600 041 Ph : 4422595

H Balasubramaniam
    New 25, Subba St House No 03,
    Chennai - 600 033

Dr.R.Gnanasambandam
    Editor, Homoeo Times
    # 6 , Lloyds IInd Lane,
    Royapettah,
    Chennai-600 014
    INDIA
    Ph 044-28113300

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Accept my sincere thanks..

Thanks and thank you so much, Vidya..have noted down the address and looks like the West mambalam seems to be closer to my place as Royapettah is too too far.

Good day & Bye..

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Attn members in Chennai

Dear Ami,

I think you can visit the Rasi-Radha Silk Emporium , they have many branches. They have a branch in Mylapore and Anna Nagar also. And I think ypou can visit Kalpadruma, you will get many ethnic things there. The swing also I think. Any way, I shall call them up and let you know. When are you visiting India? There is always some exhibition or other in CP Art Centre, Chettiar Hall etc. You get very beautiful crocheted decorative hangings there and thorans also at Rasi.
    Pl. bear with me, I shall get back soon.
    varloo