Where can I find these items in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Vidya24, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks.

Varloo,

Correct me if I am wrong..Aadhi arts is putting all his items in display at the Teynampet exhibition for sale ??

Thanks..

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Yes

Dear Ami,
    Yes, Aadhi Arts is having and exhibition cum sale. You can also look in their showroom also for these articles.
    Sree Kumaran Stores, (old Kumaran) has launched a silk saree and pavaadai. It will look plain and once light falls on it, it will show designs. Available with or with out zari. Starts from 3500. Look ip that also.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Varloo, You are IL's consultant & updater!!!

Thanks a ton, varloo..Sitting here and getting info from you-will happen only becoz of you..noted down the pattern and am so thrilled..

And, vidya, heard from my cousin that ven pattu saree seems to be available in Nalli & Kumaran (latter is comparatively cheaper) where she bought for her Keralite friend. Abt ven pattu pavadai, she has not mentioned anything. Hope it should be there too.

Also, the shops in Virugambakkam, I was told that the quality is not impressive.

If my hub., find time, will ask him to have a look at those shops and in that case, will let you know..

Rgds.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Kerala saree not pattu

Dear Ami,
    usually Keralites do not wear silk sarees. The regular Kerala saree and traditional settu-mundu are all cotton only that too the kodi colour. Even men prefer the kodi veshti with zari to white ones. So ven pattu is not Kerala style. Even now I have found women wearing cotton sarees or printed silk sarees to weddings etc. Even the girl's or boy's mother would be wearing some simple saree. The brides also prefer some fancy saree to our heavy Kancheepuram silk saree. They are after lot of gold jewellery, plain gold rather than stones, diamonds etc.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

thats interesting..

Hi varloo,

I have no clue of the lifestyle of Kerala. All I saw in the shops saying ONAM SAREE with that design which happened to be a keralite shop too.

Also, many of my keralite friends used to buy and wear those sarees when I was doing my college/working. That is all...

Rgds.

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Quite urgent..

Where can I buy Ashtalakshmi golu set in Chennai right now, this season??

Appreciate anyone of yrs quick reply..

Rgds

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

try at Poompuhar

Dear Ami,
    try at Poompuhar, Anna Saalai. But I doubt whether it may be available now. Still try there. Also at Sankara Hall and C.P.Art centre some exhibition might be going on. You can try there also.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks..

Varloo, earlier my mom tried in T.nagar and they said that the price different comes Rs.200 between the normal & golu season!!! Also, they dont carry the mann bommais..shall check it out, though..

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Msg. to varloo & sudha

Hi varloo,

My hub returned from India yesterday only and bought a few dresses from Naidu hall & RMKV; it was really really great. I wish that I would born just for these kinds of pretty dresses!!

Also, visited vichandra and of course, booked a pooja mandapam. It will take another few weeks, cant wait to see it. Will let you know though the feedback is going to be obvious.

And, finally sudha, you were there not only for all daughters, also for all parents. Otherwise, I would not come across this kundan variety golusu. Definitely, would have bought the same type of golusu. Maximum thanks to you.

My hub had selected a couple of kundan varieties & an ordinary golusu; kundan is looking very very pretty. Even, my MIL asked us how we knew all these varieties. Then, I was talking abt this site and helpful people like you & others.

IL members, you are all the best people that I have met in my life. God bless you all!!

Thanks and Rgds.

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Ami,
    I am happy that your husband could find something....i know the feeling, when we find something different..that too when we are living away from our country....so it was no problem. My mom is the one who s always finding new things and sending for her grand daughter and i passed on the same to you all! The kundan ones are a real beauty , andeven the others from that shope are very good and pretty much reliable. I dont know if he got those lovely kundan toerings for you! (sorry forgot to mention before!)
    Glad to have been of some source of joy to u!