Fitted bed sheets in chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Remyasunil, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Remyasunil

Remyasunil New IL'ite

Hi all
    I am Remya, a new ilite... At present i am in UK but planning to come back to chennai by next week...so as u all can guess, i am busy doing the last minute shopping...do anybody out there know if fitted bed sheets are available in chennai ...or do i hve to buy it from UK itself ??????? Thanks in advance...:)

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hey Remya. As far as I know fitted bed-cover types are not very common in Chennai. At least have not seen it while I was in Chennai. Bed Sheets and bed spreads are common there...typical Bombay dying type is the best!!

So I guess buying it here in UK is a better idea. You get it in good designs and good rates too here. But make sure to get the right size..

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

As I understand it, the fitted sheets for standard single(twin) bed (in USA) are a little short for the beds in India and its best to get the long twin sets. Have someone measure a bed length in India and send you the measurement so that the fitted sheet will fit properly.

4. Remyasunil

Remyasunil New IL'ite

Thank you tanoshii !!!! As u said i'll purchase it from here...

tashidelek2002, thank you too.....i'll defenitly tell somebody to send me the measurements...:)

5. sumimusik

sumimusik Senior IL'ite

The Best is to measure your bed and get the local tailors here in chennai to stitch it.U cam buy a good Bombay dyeing material and get it stitched.