Wedding Shopping in Singara Chennai. Please Advice. =)

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by shamaisie, Jul 17, 2015.

1. shamaisie

shamaisie New IL'ite

Helo lovely ladies,

A small group of us will be visiting your awesome city end of the month with the intention of shopping for my best friend's wedding. We will be looking for wedding saree, lengha for reception, suits and veshti for the groom and men in the family as well as sarees for the ladies in the family.

I understand there will be a myriad of choices but can I pls be advised which shops we must visit for the important stuff ie wedding saree and lengha. Also advice if bargaining is appropriate at this places and if so do advice how much can we mark down the prices.

I'm a lil concerned as it's Aadi Maasam so will we getting good quality items?

Thank you in advance =)

2. pinky21

pinky21 Gold IL'ite

If you are looking in for Pattu sarees go to Kancheepuram AS.BABUSHA and there are other stores like prakash sha.. pattu sarees in chennai Kumaran Silks or Nalli are comparitively better.
    lengha are too good at a few boutiques in khader nawaz khan road, nungambakkam i dont remember the names though..
    if u ask for they give you around 5 - 10% off in kancheepuram for pattu sarees and dothis.. and since its aadi u will have offer in all other stores too

3. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

Yes you are right. Aadi maasam, better avoid the shops that promise discounts for there is a high probability of sub standard goods in the main stream. Nalli panagal park, Rmkv & Kumaran silks are safe bet for wedding sarees.. No bargains absolutely. If you are so particular about heavy silks, Govt emporiums like co-optex and Loom world are good choice. Loom world has good varieties, but a bit pricey. Good luck and happy shopping.

4. janani2106

janani2106 New IL'ite

Kalanikethan and Paalam Silks at Anna nagar has wide and rare coloured sarees that you will love. Be it designer or silk sarees Kalanikethan will be good. Sowcarpet will have many shops for designer Lehenga. You can find many many shops selling trendy fashion jewellery. You can bargain for upto 25% off at any shop in Sowcarpet.

5. Ranj1n1

Ranj1n1 New IL'ite

Hi, shamaisie

How was your trip? Did you find what you were looking for?

bw Ranjini.