Formal Female wear / suits for plus sizes

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by rvs1182, Oct 17, 2012.

1. rvs1182

rvs1182 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for buying formal female wear, preferably a pant, a Shirt & an over coat type or a Skirt, inshirt & an over coat type in Chennai

I am a little over size like 2XL kind & i am sure the normal Chennai Silks, Naihaa etc wont have it.

Kindly suggest either ready made shops or tailors who can stitch a perfect fitting attire.

Thanks
    RVS

2. Mittuma

Mittuma New IL'ite

Hi,

I remember seeing a plus size shop in Express Avenue Mall. Hope you can get the formal dress there. Please check it out:thumbsup

3. Nimbu

Nimbu Silver IL'ite

Waves showroom Anna Nagar give a try!

4. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Bangalore is very good for formal wear shopping. Chennai, westside is good but I haven't had luck with any other store.

5. Divyaraj83

Divyaraj83 New IL'ite

Hi, I had the same experience that the finish of the material, kind os material for western wear isnt that good in Chennai compared to Bangalore. I have seen formal wear in Bangalore years ago when I did not need it. I am looking for skirt suits, do you have ideas which shops are good for this in Bangalore?

Thanks, :)

6. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

Go to any tailor who does stitching for gents shirts and pants and he can stitch yours also in plus size. The only thing is take some female along with you and ask her to take the measurement of your upper portion if you don't feel comfortable with the tailor taking your measurement. Also don't feel shy. I got many friends in my office who are in plus size but they all go to gents tailors only for stitching formals in Mumbai. So once you have the proper measurement then you come to know what you size is but the sizes may vary after 2-3 years. You may become a slight slim or may put on some extra weight also but that just depends on the environment. But I would just like to say you one things when plus women do wear formals it really suits them a lot. They look more beautiful. So I know you shall look pretty and beautiful.