1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

I want to buy a dishwasher in India.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Rdlamba, May 22, 2008.

1. Rdlamba

Rdlamba New IL'ite

My mom is thinking of buying one..but i think it may not be very practical for steel utensils..any ideas?? has anyone been using Dishwashers ? Any good brands ?

thank you

2. savideva

savideva New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have an IFB dishwasher and find it very good. Of course one has to rinse the dishes before loading them. S.steel dishes come out nice and shiny:cool2:. I think Butterfly has also come out with dishwaher now.

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Hire a servant maid

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rdlamba,
    IFB is the only one I came across when I was looking for last year, and it seems to be a very good one.When we can wash steel vessels in the dishwasher abroad why not in India?

5. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Yes rdlamba, the IFB neptune is a good one for daily n heavy use in India.

6. lakshmi1945

lakshmi1945 Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  7. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

That is an interesting news lakshmi1945!Thanks for sharing, though am afraid it may be years before it is introduced in India.

8. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

I use IFB, its good.

9. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

I heard, Whirlpool is good as well.

10. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

We are using IFB Neptune Model from 1.5 years. It saves a lot of time and gives a hygienic wash. Some points to be noted are:

1. If anything sticks to the vessel like rice/milk, it has to be scrubbed slightly before loading it in the dishwasher
    2. The consumables are not only detergent but rinse aid (give sparkle to dishes) and dishwasher salt (to regulate hardness of water)
    3. For a small family (2-3), once per day would be sufficient but for larger families, atleast twice perday.
    4. Electric bill goes up, though not by much, because it uses hot water to wash.
    5. Can be used for glass, crockery and good quality plastic vessels.
    6. Make sure that IFB supplies are available in your city. Many people have complained that IFB service is pathetic when it comes to delivering supplies (they home deliver it). Else you can go for other brands. They also work great.

Some have doubts regarding the investment ~25k and the running costs. I would say, if you are looking towards saving money paid to maids, then please dont go for it. I have seen some reviews in mouthshut.com where people purchased dishwasher to save money spent on maids and were disappointed. But if you are looking for an easy, reliable and hygienic way to clean your vessels. Then this is the one for you.

Many people asked me that if i have to scrub vessels, why use a dishwasher. My reply is, it requires very light scrubbing and still saves me the effort of rinsing and drying the vessels. Also if the maid doesnt turn up, my day is not ruined.. Thats the best incentive.. :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008