1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Anarkali top with flares from the bust line

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by artvani, Mar 22, 2011.

1. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Using basic Anarkali top bodice draft various other styles of Anarkali tops can be drafted .Anarkali top with panels is one of them. Even in this there are two types. In one type Panels flare from the bust line. In the other type panels flare from the waist line.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Anarkali top with panels flaring from the bust line[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Method of drafting[/FONT]
    Step 1
    Place the draft of the front and back of bodice of Anarkali top on a paper as shown in the figure 1 Fold of the draft should fall on the fold of the sheet of paper. Trace the outline of the draft. Mark back and front shapes of armhole and neck. Remove the draft.

Step 2
    On the fold of the paper mark point Y such that A –Y is equal to the length of the dress. From the point Y draw a perpendicular line Y-U such that Y-U =E-G. Join U-G. Now we have to divide chest line F-D in to panels of equal width. If the chest line is not devisable equally add the reminder to the side panels. On the chest line F-D mark points P, Q and R such that such that side panels F-P =P-Q= Q-R.and the middle panel R-D = ½ Q-R. Through these points draw lines X-X', W-W', and V-V' parallel lines to the line Y-A. These lines divide the front and back of the dress into seven equal parts each. R-D, which is on the fold, is the middle panel. In this manner we can make as many panels as we want. See Figure 2.

Step 3

Transfer these lines to the fold of the paper which is below keeping carbon paper between the folds of the paper. Cut along L-K-T-F-G-U-Y-L. Separate the sheets by cutting on the fold lineY-L.Take away one sheet which is below. This is the draft for the half portion of back. On the other sheet which is on the top cut the front neck line K-M and front armhole shape T-N-F. This is half portion of the front. See Figure 3. Number the panels as shown in the figure. Numbering the panels is important as we have to stitch them together in the same order.
    Panel 1, 2 and 3 are side panels of the front
    Panel 4 is half of the middle panel of the front
    Panel 5 is half of the middle panel of back
    Panel 6, 7 and 8 are side panels of the back

Step 4
    Divide draft into panels by cutting along lines X-X’, W-W' and V-V' and separate the panels as
    shown in the figure 4.

Step 5
    Pin panel No 1 on a sheet of paper extend the line U-V on both directions to the points X and Y by 3” or to taste, as shown in the figure 5 These points X and Y should be joined to the points F and P’ which are the points of intersection of the panel lines to the bust line. Cut along the outline of the shape. Follow the same procedure and add flares to remaining side panels .While cutting the fabric side panels should be cut in duplicate. One set for the right side and the other set for the left side.

Step 6
    Pin the panel 4 on to a folded sheet of paper such that the line Y-L is on the fold. Produce Y-X to A such that X-A is 3”. Join R-A.cut along the line-A-R-X’-L-D-E-Y and open the fold. This is back middle panel .Follow the same procedure for the front middle panel 5. Cut along the line A-R-X’-M -D-E-Y. Open the fold. This is the front middle panel. See figure 6.
    Add ½” seam for all the panels as shown in the Figure. Mark the seam line.

Stitching.

Stay stitch neckline, armscye and slant cut of the panels. It is better to Tack the panels together and then machine stitch. This prevents the panels from stretching
    stitch the rest of the dress as usual.

P.S .
    .Figures are not in order

Attached Files:

2 people like this.

2. rajivenugopal

rajivenugopal Platinum IL'ite

detailed n simple description...............
    thanx for sharing.
    raji

3. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much dear.

Very useful and clear steps. Easy to follow.:rotfl

keep................ on giving tips ............:drowning

regards

SHREESUNDARAM:)

4. madhoo78

madhoo78 Bronze IL'ite

thanks a lot madam. you make it so clear for us to understand .

5. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

very detailed and step by step instructions..

6. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

I am happy that you like my step by step instructions.How do you feel when some body posts it as their own.When I googled it I found it and got annoyed .When I do not put watermark It happens.

7. sovundammal

sovundammal New IL'ite

thanks for the detailed explanation!!

8. luxiraj

luxiraj New IL'ite

i understand your agony vani.

But in IL i am not sure if they let people put their watermarks, as i was warned earlier and forced to either put my own tutorial pics and dresses without watermarks or not post them at all. I opted for latter as i did not want to risk someone copying them and showing of as their own in this big bad world of internet.

9. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

I too had stopped posting my tutorials .But when youngsters ask" how to do this" and "how to do that " I could not keep quiet.I started posting.Now I am thinking of putting my name and not my blog's url.
    Let me see what happens.