1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Kameez Neck Designs & Knot At The Back Of A Blouse

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by lupie, Sep 5, 2009.

1. lupie

lupie New IL'ite

hi all

i wondered if anyone can share with me how to do these type of necklines?

i tried looking on the net but dont know what its called?

i can sort of figure out the straight ribbons but not the curved ones.

thanks in advance
    lupie

ps is the ribbon all the way around the neckline called bias binding or is it something else? any help with how its curved onto the neckline so neatly would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    1 person likes this.

2. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

re: Kameez Neck Designs & Knot At The Back Of A Blouse

hi lupie,

u cud have stated this in the regular forum where we discussed chudidhar cutting. It would have been better if filed under one roof rather than many. Anyways,.........

Yes, it is bias binding. Haven't u done designere blouses? u wud have done the weaving then.

The neatly curved finish for the curve or the > shape - attach a collar cloth / interfacing . Let the collar clothe be > shape. Try it and see.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  3. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

I feel ribbons are not suitable for this type of neck as there are curves. Cut true bias strip of the fabric.With right sides together fold the fabric lengthwise. Stitch along the length as shown.Trim the seam.now reverse it.
    Thread a tapestry needle( which we use to stitch sweater parts together), take s stitch at one end of the bias, pass the needle through the fabric tube and pull slowly You will get a nice fabric tube.You can use these for the bands in your neck design

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. lupie

lupie New IL'ite

hi sabarimathi & artvani

thanks for your replies.

sabarimathi: im not talking about the actual neckline but the design of it, the interfacing is how 1 would make the neckline but i was interested in how the contrast bias strip is neatly curved on the edge of it.
    ps. what is weaving?

artvani: that fabric tube i know how to do. this 1 is quite different. ive seen them in shops and they are pretty complicated to me. they r made with interfacing. normally it is quite easy but the part where it has a contrast colour in the middle of it is what i dont get. i know how to do the straight 1, this is the same, its just that this 1 is curved.

Lupie

5. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi lupie,

the curved ones near shoulder - i don't know to explain, but wwe've done it in designer blouses. Take a square piece of cloth, fold it to get a triangle. Now, squeeze 2 sides of a triangle and the resultant is a curve in the figure.

the contrast bias strip : stitch one bias strip over the other and proceed. We have to use a curved interfacing here, preferrably a v. thick one similar to collar cloth.

weaving is done close to the center of the neck.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Knot in blouse back neck

Hi

Can anybody tell me how to stitch knot in the blouse back neck. I tried but it doesn't come the way the tailors stitch(i mean like round),its coming flat for me and the tailors we couldn't see the stitches in the knot.

Sample blouse in the attachment.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  7. ARIES

ARIES Bronze IL'ite

Re: Knot in blouse back neck

Hi, the cloth is cut in bias say 1/4", in one of the stitched bias u need hand stitch a small stitch and insert the needle thro' the cloth as we do insert the string in the petticoat, salwar, when u r doing like this the stitched part will go inside. if u r not clear u can watch video in youtube by dilpasand 2001.

8. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply. I understood the concept now.

Can you also help on one more issue. While cutting for kameez top, in the draft vanaja has given in 2-3 the measurement to be taken as 1/4th of chest+2". Then on 4-5 she mentioned 1/4th chest+1". When we are stitching should we stitch excluding the extra inches given are including?

Can you please clarify it.

Attached Files:

9. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply. Now i have idea how to do it.

Can you help me on one more issue.In the salwar top draft attached the measurement as per vanaja is for 2-3 it is 1/4th chest+2" and at 4-5 it is 1/4th chest+1". While stitching the corners should we stitch before that extra allowance or after that. If before the allowance means the shape will not be curve it will come straight is it?

And in some places she has mentioned -1". How to cut and stitch in that places?

Can you clarify it.

Attached Files:

10. ARIES

ARIES Bronze IL'ite

Hi KRS, I think seam allowance is included, i am not sure. May be u can chk with her. I do stitch with the same measurements its including seam allowance.