1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing / Tailoring / Stitching : Princess Cut or A-Line Kameez draft.

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sherin78, Jul 9, 2009.

1. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Does anyone have the pattern for Princess cut kameez from shoulder/armhole. Is this pattern similar to A-line kameez or both different?
    Pls reply.

Sherin

2. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

It might be helpful if you post the image of the pattern you are look for. From my understanding it appears that you are looking for something similar to Anarkali model. An image should provide good insight for the pattern you are looking and I am sure there will be many ILites who will respond to you once you post the image. Because "Princess Cut or A-Line" seems to be relatively a new term or not a common term.

3. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

have attached some pictures of princess line salwar and how the armhole and shoulder pattern look like.

Sherin

Attached Files:

4. makka

makka New IL'ite

hello
    Princess cut and A line is totally different . Princess cut is given from armhole and goes to the bottom . Where as A line is usually straight line given from top of shoulder to the required length, for princess cut it starts from mid of armhole pass to your bust point and go all the way down to the length .If possible I will try to attach few of my dress pattern to give you an idea.
    Maleka

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  5. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Attaching an outline should be helpful and educative also. Looking forward for the posts.

6. makka

makka New IL'ite

I am a new ILite so I do not have any option to attach any picture. I will do it as soon as I get it.

7. shivamiir

shivamiir New IL'ite

Hai,
    I'm new to IndusLadies. I'm interested in stitching. I have no knowledge about measurements.
    I love to stitch churidhar for me. Can anybody help.

8. munnikusum

munnikusum Bronze IL'ite

sherin, here i am sending an attachment please check. Princess cut is from armhole and from shoulder, cut is called kali cut. Here you can see that 0-2 is the armhole length i.e. 1/4th of chest measurement - 1.5". 6b is the center point of 6 to 6a. 0-6 is the 1/2 of shoulder width + 1/4". Now measure 3.3/4" on 2-14, 3-3a, 4-4a & 1-1a and mark the points and join them as per shape. For kali kurta 0-7 is the width of the neck from there 1.5" and name the point as 14. Measure same on 1-15 and join 14 & 15 as a straight line, that is kali kurta.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. munnikusum

munnikusum Bronze IL'ite

here i am sending u image to draw princess pattern. 0-6 = 1/2 shoulder + 1/4", 0-2 = 1/4th chest or bust - 1.5" for armhole length. 6b is the center point of 6 & 6a. 2-14, 3-3a, 4-4a & 1-1a all is 3.3/4". Join 6b, 14,3a,4a & 1a as per shape. From shoulder the cut is called kali cut. From neck point mark 1.5" towards shoulder. on hemline measure neck width + 1.5" and draw straight line. After separating the pieces on paper add 1/4" extra for seam allowance on

Attached Files:

• 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      82.8 KB
      Views:
    6 people like this.
  10. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi Kusum,

Thanks for the pattern. How much does the book cost. Is there an internet link for it?

1 person likes this.