Close [X]
LOG IN
Close [X]
PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER

Sorry, you need to be a registered member and logged in to access this page.
Please login or register below.

REGISTER

It's easy, quick and FREE!



  1. #1
    perfectly_perfect's Avatar
    perfectly_perfect is offline Senior ILite
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    City
    bellevue
    State
    wa
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    451

    Default Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Useful Books : ZARAPKAR System of Cutting

    Hi friends,
    I there any one having a drafting book for indian clothes. I m having my notes which i made when i learnt stitching but those are in India. Is there any one who is having the book and can scan few things for me.
    Thanks


  2. #2
    perfectly_perfect's Avatar
    perfectly_perfect is offline Senior ILite
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    City
    bellevue
    State
    wa
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    451

    Default Sewing / Tailoring / Stitching : Useful Books

    Hi friends,
    I want to buy a indian clothes drafting book. One of my friend is comming from india. I want him to buy and bring that for me. But i dont know any name or anything about the book. Can you please help me in that. I want the name of the book and the author's name.
    TRhanks


  3. #3
    rajanimavi's Avatar
    rajanimavi is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    City
    Chennai
    State
    TamilNadu
    Country
    India
    Posts
    54

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    Hi all,

    This is what i was looking for sometime back in IL. But couldn't find, may be I didn't do a proper search :p. After doing a lot of web search for online tailoring classes and classes close by, i couldn't attend classes having my young kid in mind. So went searching for books on tailoring.Thank God I found a book on cutting. I don't know if many of u know about this, but for those haven't heard of this, I'm giving the info, this was very useful to me.

    The name of the book is "ZARAPKAR System of Cutting" by Navneet Publications. It is a Govt. approved book on tailoring and cutting. One of the author's, the Principal of Zarapkar Tailoring College, Mumbai. I got it from 'Odyssey', Chennai. Rs. 60. Hope u find this info useful!

    But whats here in IL is also very very useful in fact in more detail and more clear here.. Thankyou friends!

    Love,
    Rajani


  4. #4
    nemo is offline Senior ILite
    Join Date
    May 2008
    City
    auh
    State
    auh
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    341

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    hi rajini,

    Can u post the tailoring book in this site


  5. #5
    rajanimavi's Avatar
    rajanimavi is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    City
    Chennai
    State
    TamilNadu
    Country
    India
    Posts
    54

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    hi rajini,

    Can u post the tailoring book in this site
    Hi Nemo,

    Sorry for the delay in my reply..
    Was just thinking how to post it here. It has a lot of pages and it is a lot of work too.. I dont know if I will have enough time for that.. I will let you know if there is any other option than this..

    Thanks
    Rajani


  6. #6
    mntvasakam is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    6

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    dear Rajani
    thank u very much for the information about ZARAPKAR System of Cutting book. please tell me in chennai where you have purchased. one of my friend is going to india and i am going to request her to but it for me. if you don't mind give the complete address so that i can pass it to her. really i was most exicted to know that there is book avilable.
    thank u for sharing the information
    with love tara
    Quote Originally Posted by rajanimavi View Post
    Hi all,

    This is what i was looking for sometime back in IL. But couldn't find, may be I didn't do a proper search :p. After doing a lot of web search for online tailoring classes and classes close by, i couldn't attend classes having my young kid in mind. So went searching for books on tailoring.Thank God I found a book on cutting. I don't know if many of u know about this, but for those haven't heard of this, I'm giving the info, this was very useful to me.

    The name of the book is "ZARAPKAR System of Cutting" by Navneet Publications. It is a Govt. approved book on tailoring and cutting. One of the author's, the Principal of Zarapkar Tailoring College, Mumbai. I got it from 'Odyssey', Chennai. Rs. 60. Hope u find this info useful!

    But whats here in IL is also very very useful in fact in more detail and more clear here.. Thankyou friends!

    Love,
    Rajani



  7. #7
    rajanimavi's Avatar
    rajanimavi is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    City
    Chennai
    State
    TamilNadu
    Country
    India
    Posts
    54

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    Hi Tara,

    Sorry for this late reply... browsing after a very long time..
    It is from Odyssey, 2nd Avenue, Roundtana, AnnaNagar, Chennai.

    Thanks
    Rajani


    Quote Originally Posted by mntvasakam View Post
    dear Rajani
    thank u very much for the information about ZARAPKAR System of Cutting book. please tell me in chennai where you have purchased. one of my friend is going to india and i am going to request her to but it for me. if you don't mind give the complete address so that i can pass it to her. really i was most exicted to know that there is book avilable.
    thank u for sharing the information
    with love tara



  8. #8
    saheli3's Avatar
    saheli3 is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    City
    Bangalore
    State
    Karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    1,114

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    Quote Originally Posted by mntvasakam View Post
    dear Rajani
    thank u very much for the information about ZARAPKAR System of Cutting book. please tell me in chennai where you have purchased. one of my friend is going to india and i am going to request her to but it for me. if you don't mind give the complete address so that i can pass it to her. really i was most exicted to know that there is book avilable.
    thank u for sharing the information
    with love tara

    Hi,

    This book is also available in Landmark bookstall in Spencers or Citi Centre.

    Cheers.
    Sunitha


  9. #9
    mntvasakam is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    6

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    hai dear rajani and sunitha
    thank for the information about the book. keep in touch
    tara


  10. #10
    mntvasakam is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    6

    Default re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

    Hai all
    when I tried to get information about tailoring specially for Indian dresses I found a book name. When I requested the publisher to send me that book they said they will take orders from within India. Can u please check if this book is available in Chennai? Then I ask my friend to buy it. Currently she is not in India thatís why I am troubling you people. Thank u very much for the committed people who are sharing their knowledge.
    Book details
    Daksha`s Handbook for Dressmaking and Tailoring ∑ Daksha Raval
    S M Books
    tara

    Last edited by Sushmavarala; 19th March 2009 at 07:28 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283