1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Useful Books : ZARAPKAR System of Cutting

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by perfectly_perfect, Sep 21, 2007.

1. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I there any one having a drafting book for indian clothes. I m having my notes which i made when i learnt stitching but those are in India. Is there any one who is having the book and can scan few things for me.
    Thanks

2. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Sewing / Tailoring / Stitching : Useful Books

Hi friends,
    I want to buy a indian clothes drafting book. One of my friend is comming from india. I want him to buy and bring that for me. But i dont know any name or anything about the book. Can you please help me in that. I want the name of the book and the author's name.
    TRhanks

3. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

Hi all,

This is what i was looking for sometime back in IL. But couldn't find, may be I didn't do a proper search :p. After doing a lot of web search for online tailoring classes and classes close by, i couldn't attend classes having my young kid in mind. So went searching for books on tailoring.Thank God I found a book on cutting. I don't know if many of u know about this, but for those haven't heard of this, I'm giving the info, this was very useful to me.

The name of the book is "ZARAPKAR System of Cutting" by Navneet Publications. It is a Govt. approved book on tailoring and cutting. One of the author's, the Principal of Zarapkar Tailoring College, Mumbai. I got it from 'Odyssey', Chennai. Rs. 60. Hope u find this info useful!

But whats here in IL is also very very useful in fact in more detail and more clear here.. Thankyou friends!

Love,
    Rajani

stilldeshi likes this.
  4. nemo

nemo Senior IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

hi rajini,

Can u post the tailoring book in this site:hide:

5. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

Hi Nemo,

Sorry for the delay in my reply..
    Was just thinking how to post it here. It has a lot of pages and it is a lot of work too.. I dont know if I will have enough time for that.. I will let you know if there is any other option than this..

Thanks
    Rajani

6. mntvasakam

mntvasakam New IL'ite

dear Rajani
    thank u very much for the information about ZARAPKAR System of Cutting book. please tell me in chennai where you have purchased. one of my friend is going to india and i am going to request her to but it for me. if you don't mind give the complete address so that i can pass it to her. really i was most exicted to know that there is book avilable.
    thank u for sharing the information
    with love tara

7. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

Hi Tara,

Sorry for this late reply... browsing after a very long time..
    It is from Odyssey, 2nd Avenue, Roundtana, AnnaNagar, Chennai.

Thanks
    Rajani

8. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

This book is also available in Landmark bookstall in Spencers or Citi Centre.

Cheers.
    Sunitha

9. mntvasakam

mntvasakam New IL'ite

hai dear rajani and sunitha
    thank for the information about the book. keep in touch
    tara

10. mntvasakam

mntvasakam New IL'ite

Hai all
    when I tried to get information about tailoring specially for Indian dresses I found a book name. When I requested the publisher to send me that book they said they will take orders from within India. Can u please check if this book is available in Chennai? Then I ask my friend to buy it. Currently she is not in India that’s why I am troubling you people. Thank u very much for the committed people who are sharing their knowledge.
    Book details
    Daksha`s Handbook for Dressmaking and Tailoring · Daksha Raval
    S M Books
    tara

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009