1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Useful Books : ZARAPKAR System of Cutting

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by perfectly_perfect, Sep 21, 2007.

1. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

Hi Tara,

Please check out this website;
    Daksha`s Handbook for Dressmaking and Tailoring, Daksha Raval, , - from D K Publishers Distrbutors (INDIA)

They take orders for other countries also. I just ordered one for myself.

Thanks for suggesting a book.

Cheers,
    Sunitha

2. mntvasakam

mntvasakam New IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blouse

Hai Sunitha
    Thank u for the url. i just ordered one. I am eager to receive it.

have a great day to all
    tara

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  3. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Tara,

Actually i just now received my order cancellation mail because this book is out of stock. I enquired at many other shops too. I believe its out of print. So sorry about it.

Cheers,
    Sunitha

4. mathynila

mathynila New IL'ite

5. mntvasakam

mntvasakam New IL'ite

hai sunitha,
    what to do. let them know that this book has demand. then they may think for the reprint. thank u for the info. i was actually waiting for the book.. its ok. that is life

tara

6. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi ! ,Friends, All your cutting problems will be solved If you buy the book "Zarapkar system of cutting" published by Gala publishers.It is really a very good book.It is Govt approved book on tailoring and cutting.When I bought it was just Rs.35/= .Recently I had seen this book in Sapna book shop in Bangalore.I read all the queries in this thread I thought this is the right book to suggest.When I was young I used to stitch a lot with the help of this book.Of course I had taken basic training in stitching and cutting. Happy stitching !

I cannot post that book.It has 208 pages.I can give the address of the publisher. Gala publishers,30.Shriram Nagar,Alwarpet,Madras-600018 (Tel 453614).Please check the telephone number. It must have been changed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  7. leelagk

leelagk Gold IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blou

hi vani

thank u so much for the information.:bowdown..i shall go chennai this week end..of course vl search for this book....take care....

8. leelagk

leelagk Gold IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blou

hi vani
    thanq 4 giving the info...i bought the book when i was in chennai last weekend....it costs 60Rs nd i got it frm raja thread stores...i saw the same in spencers too....no change in cost....take care....
    leela

9. shahinaali

shahinaali New IL'ite

Hi Friends
    I am living in the UK and unable to buy any of the books mentioned.Can someone post draft of kameez from these books on this site.I will be really thankful as I need to sew for my teenage daughters.
    Shahina

10. swapnasingh

swapnasingh New IL'ite

Hi all

can anyone pls tell me how to buy or order the book "Zarapkar system of Cutting " online.

Thank you

Regards
    swapna