1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Blouse Cutting & Stitching Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Varloo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi swapna,

yes, i could see the marking 6 is left out. i have given the correction here in the attachment, you will be able to follow it.

so now the 5 to 6 measurement depends on your wish (you can choose any measurement of the choice given) and do not bother about your 0 to 1 measurement.

all the best.:thumbsup

Attached Files:

2. swapnasingh

swapnasingh New IL'ite

Hi Vanaja
    Thank You for immediate reply.
    All the members of IL are really very graceful & friendly.
    I'm verymuch thankful to you all for all the help you do for everyone.

Regards
    Swapna

3. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

hai vanaja maam...
    i have one doubt for saree blouse...how to cut the arm hole exactly to meet the sleeve also..because when i tried....some times its coming too tight or some times its coming out of shoulder(falling off)please help me out..
    waiting for reply...

4. srinivasan_vanaja

hi archu,

as of now you have to follow the basic draft and measurement for the blouse. this may give best results for some, reasonable results for some but definitely will not disappoint you on the whole.

the arm hole and sleeve depends on the body of the person. some people might have flabby arm, for some they wont be proportionate. most of them - the right arm would be little bigger than the left. so seeing all this we will have to make our own calculations.

first you follow my draft strictly for a trial blouse. and accordingly you can vary the measurements wherever it is tight.

coming out of shoulder, depends on the neck depth (both front & back). the adjustments have to be done for the neck not the arm hole. hope you understand.

one thing i assure - the first and the consequent 3 or 4 blouses may not be that perfect. but the experience which we gain will definitely give us a good result. practice makes man perfect.:)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  5. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

thankyou vanaja maam.....
    actually i tried for 2blouses..so i wanted to clear...now i think i have to try once again

6. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

Re: katori blouse stitching measurements

thanks sunitha....
    waiting for draft....

7. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja

WIth your instructions, i tried one blouse. I think I managed to bring it as a blouse.

The problem comes in neck. In neck, we are putting piping like cloth (I hope you can understand what I am trying to say) for hemming. Where to cut that piece?

App. how long each piece can be? whether it should be straight piece or with shape?

After hemming, the neck part is not comfortable.

Also what variations we can give in blouses?

I am waiting eagerly for your reply.

andal

8. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Andal,

Generally the piping cloth is cut from the same cloth as we need the same colour. If you need a different colour piping you can cut from a different coloured cloth. You can cut the pieces from left over small pieces of cloth.

The piece has to be cut in cross section. We call it a cross piece. Each piece vary from 1.5 to 2 inches in length and breadth about 1 inch.

Then join the cross pieces by stitching. This single long cross piece is stitched around the neck and the hemming is done.

Pieces of straight cuts wont be comfortable, only cross pieces are comfortable.

The variations can be given to only sleeves and necks. You can stitch collared necks, high necks to give a different look. Ofcourse neck patterns are numerous.

I have attached a sketch for cross piece. Make 5 or 6 pieces (cross stitched cross pieces) and join all of them as a single piping piece. All the best.:thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Mam

thanks for your excellent explanation. Your online tution is very much helpful to us.

Thanks.

andal

10. Divyogs

Divyogs New IL'ite

learn to stitch blouse

Hi guys,
    I am in phoenix and have hard time finding tailors to stitch blouse. I figured I can lean my self to stitch. Can someone help me with the basics to learn to stitch blouses???:hiya
    Divya.